Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Brief History of Thornleigh Square, Swords

• 23-06-2021 3:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭

It's an nightmare of a place, I lived there for 10 years, best thing I ever did was manage to sell it and move out. I had young kids at the time, it wasn't safe to let them out to play due to anti-social behaviour from teens going to the Astro. The playground was taken over by <mod:snipped derogatory term>. The apartments were all social welfare and had all the associated problems.

Would not recommend anyone buy there, go to Sandford, Glen Ellan, Bunbury etc. same amenities but most houses are owned, there is a sense of community and plenty of green spaces for the kids to play on.

That's not to mention the nightmare neighbour from hell we had who was dealing drugs and having parties every night until he got evicted after we contacted the letting agency and the landlord. The landlord had to spend €10,000's to fix the damage done to the property.

I would caveat it by saying intially when it was built it was ok, but then the recession hit and it became affordable to rent on social welfare programs and that's when it went drastically downhill, with rents recovering I would guess a lot of the anti-social elements have been priced out and gone back to further out in NCD.

Advertisement