Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

John McAfee found dead in prison cell

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Who would play him in his biopic? Tom Hardy? Edward Norton?

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭arcticmonkeys

BloodBath wrote: »

Poor guy was into all kinds of ****!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Money.

Not his, but money that was sitting in Swiss Bank accounts.

Money to keep Roman a bay?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Not sure if it's still up on Netflix, but they had a documentary on McAfee called "Gringo" (if memory serves me correctly) that didn't exactly portray him in a positive light.

Seems to me, going by that documentary that McAfee was a very dangerous and mentally challenged man tbh, he's wasn't exactly the kind of fella you'd have wanted to see move in next door to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,458 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

McMurphy wrote: »
    Not sure if it's still up on Netflix, but they had a documentary on McAfee called "Gringo" (if memory serves me correctly) that didn't exactly portray him in a positive light.

Seems to me, going by that documentary that McAfee was a very dangerous and mentally challenged man tbh, he's wasn't exactly the kind of fella you'd have wanted to see move in next door to you.

well given that his neighbour in belize was murdered and McAfee was the prime suspect that is literally true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

well given that his neighbour in belize was murdered and McAfee was the prime suspect that is literally true.

Yeah..... That's kind of what prompted me to type that out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,015 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Money.

Not his, but money that was sitting in Swiss Bank accounts.

Is he not in a country with no treaty with the US

• Registered Users Posts: 40,458 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Is he not in a country with no treaty with the US

Polanski is a french citizen living in France. The french do not extradite their citizens. that is why he has not been extradited. Nothing to do with money.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,849 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Polanski was arrested in Switzerland over a decade ago. He had travelled to and from there without hindrance many times previously and so it was a surprise when he was nabbed there. At the time, the US were putting a lot of pressure on Swiss banks to hand over account details. They had gotten some details but wanted more.

There were rumours that Polanski was arrested as a bargaining chip in order to try to placate the US and get them to go easier with their pressure on historical Swiss banking secrecy laws. How true that is is debatable. But in the end up he wasn't extradited.

Advertisement