Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

enclosures

Options
  • 24-06-2021 12:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭

im starting down the 3d printing road . im hoping to put the printer in my office or workshop.
    im not intending to print temp sensitive materials but down the road it probably will happen.
    i want an enclosure to keep noise down and dust out.

i have a prusa mini ordered so i dont need anything big . .

i could build one but im a bit busy and know it will end up on the long finger.
    i would rather just buy one designed for the job and be done with it

what are the options.
    i was looking tukkari one but the nice one is 200 quid

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

I've seen a lot of people using old server racks as enclosures. Add a few led strip lights and you're sorted.
    Would definitely be cheaper if you did some digging around, I'll dig up the links from one of the groups I'm in.

As a side note, I'm in the middle of prototyping a mobile enclosure using Ikea Lack tables, the idea is that eventually when I have it all ironed out,
    I'll get it made out of steel or aluminium box section. I'll show post some photos of the layout, if you're interested?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

Leftyflip wrote: »
    I've seen a lot of people using old server racks as enclosures. Add a few led strip lights and you're sorted.
    Would definitely be cheaper if you did some digging around, I'll dig up the links from one of the groups I'm in.

As a side note, I'm in the middle of prototyping a mobile enclosure using Ikea Lack tables, the idea is that eventually when I have it all ironed out,
    I'll get it made out of steel or aluminium box section. I'll show post some photos of the layout, if you're interested?

please do . i would love to see what your working on

Advertisement