Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

favourite filament colours

Options
  • 24-06-2021 12:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭

i have been looking at various sites selling filament and the mount of colours availible is crazy. how do you stop yourself buying 50 roles over time.

what are your favorite colours

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭AirBiscuit

Whichever colour is cheapest honestly. Green so far, then orange for the same price, also bought a roll of black PLA+ during the prime day sale for very cheap but I'm not going to open it for a while because I don't have a drybox.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭smokin ace

My favourite colour so far is yellow pla+ from sunlu I have tried white black green grey and blue but still find myself ordering the yellow the most

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

I mostly print utilitarian parts in black or grey, depending on the application, so I try to keep at least one roll of each in reserve.

For anything decorative I like deep or rich colours rather than bright or vibrant. I have some sparkly red and blue filaments that look really cool, especially when printed fairly slowly with fine layers.

I just bought a three-pack of gold, silver and bronze "silk" PLA that I'm looking forward to trying.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

AirBiscuit wrote: »
    Whichever colour is cheapest honestly. Green so far, then orange for the same price, also bought a roll of black PLA+ during the prime day sale for very cheap but I'm not going to open it for a while because I don't have a drybox.

for functional parts im sure what ever is handy and cheap is perfectly fine
    i see loads of cool colours online and some of them are drawing me in.
    the problem is that you dont get a real feel for the colour until you have it in your hand and its quite expensive to buy a roll just to check if you like it. you need to be using it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

oscarBravo wrote: »
    I mostly print utilitarian parts in black or grey, depending on the application, so I try to keep at least one roll of each in reserve.

For anything decorative I like deep or rich colours rather than bright or vibrant. I have some sparkly red and blue filaments that look really cool, especially when printed fairly slowly with fine layers.

I just bought a three-pack of gold, silver and bronze "silk" PLA that I'm looking forward to trying.

i saw that set . i think they are 500g each . they do look good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

I usually go for black or white, as most of my prints are just functional. However I do have a load of other colours, few silk golds, few marble effect ones and god knows what else.

Have three rolls of Prusament PETG I got for cheap that I'm looking forward to trying out.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Brackwom

My favorite filament color is 3D Solutech's clear blue PETG. If you ever want a more temperature-stable alternative to ABS, I'd attempt it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

Advertisement