Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junior Cert stressing out!!!!! 😫

Options
  • 24-06-2021 3:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,I never did my junior cert here in Ireland(worked instead) so I'm not too knowledgeable on such things at all,so my daughters results just arrived yesterday,and I'm pretty sure she FAILED!! 😡 So A few things,.....does anyone know can she start 5th year in Sep? Does she have to go back a year? I'm not ever sure how to correctly read the JC result document
    Some stuff says "not graded-work not submitted" and 'YET TO MEET EXPECTATIONS"???? We recently learned that she has being attending school.only about half the time? Any help/advice I'd greatly appreciated many thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,111 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

She can go into 5th year, though she might be put in lower level classes than she is actually able for. The thing is, she hasn't given them any evidence. Sounds like Transition Year (if it is available in her school) might help her mature and catch up a bit.

'Work not submitted' is obvious, but 'yet to meet expectations' is code for she is capable of much more.

Perhaps there are other things going on with her? It's a fairly sh1tty age.

Did the school not contact you when she wasn't attending?

Advertisement