Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shocking testimony from Britney Spears

Options
13»

Comments

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

BattleCorp wrote: »
    Your two examples aren't mutually exclusive. There are many examples of people with mental illness who produced absolutely world-class artwork, Van Gogh being one such example. Another example is Cody Lee, who won America's Got Talent a number of years back. He is blind and autistic and can still sing and earn money but certainly wouldn't be able to look after himself.

Britney Spears might well be able to sing and dance etc (work) but not able to look after other more complicated areas of her life such as finances etc. I'm not saying that's the case, I'm just saying it's a possibility.

I'm not arguing for or against the conservatorship but it was put there for a reason. Whether that reason is still there, I don't know.

Yes, true, but there's a big difference between ill people being supported to have a job that they love, that is their passion, and being forced to work despite being severely ill. She says that she didn't want to do the tours or the Vegas residency, and was forced by her father and her management team put in place by her father. That's not the actions of a loving father towards a daughter with health issues.

There may have been a need for the conservatorship like you say, but 13 years on it does look on the face of it, like she was a cash cow for the people around her, mostly her father. I think that her capacity needs to be assessed by a court appointed impartial expert and not one hired by the team that's profiting off her.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,112 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Sounds very similar to what happened to brian Wilson, taken advantage by those that were supposed to be looking after his mental health. I see the lawyers have agreed that no more of the court sessions in the spears case will be recorded so perhaps there are more shocking accusations against her family.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Neyite wrote: »
    Yes, true, but there's a big difference between ill people being supported to have a job that they love, that is their passion, and being forced to work despite being severely ill. She says that she didn't want to do the tours or the Vegas residency, and was forced by her father and her management team put in place by her father. That's not the actions of a loving father towards a daughter with health issues.

There may have been a need for the conservatorship like you say, but 13 years on it does look on the face of it, like she was a cash cow for the people around her, mostly her father. I think that her capacity needs to be assessed by a court appointed impartial expert and not one hired by the team that's profiting off her.

The ironic thing is that she has to pay for the legal team that Da Spears has hired to convince the judge to keep her in the conservatorship.

You are right these conservatorship set ups should have an outside psychiatrist checking up on the person and reporting back to the judge every month or two so they can decide if they are in a fit mental state or not.

It's amazing that she was kept locked into this agreement for 13 years like the goose who lays the golden eggs for her Da without the court ever checking back on the situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,849 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

The ironic thing is that she has to pay for the legal team that Da Spears has hired to convince the judge to keep her in the conservatorship.

Tell that to any man who had to pay for his wife's divorce barristers!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,757 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

This is toxic, her father needs locking up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

I suppose its just a wait and see who was correct, my money is on Brittney's auld lad being correct and in her best interests

trial by the Internet almost never ends well

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭grassylawn

Forcing someone to get up and dance in front of crowds is not looking after their mental health.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭SecretsOfEarth

kingtiger wrote: »
    I suppose its just a wait and see who was correct, my money is on Brittney's auld lad being correct and in her best interests

trial by the Internet almost never ends well

13 years ago this may have been in her best interest as a temporary measure, when she was being hounded by paparazzi and enduring trial by tabloid daily.

Since its introduction, she has released 4 albums, completed three world tours, a four year Vegas residency, judged on X Factor USA, launched a lingerie line and released multiple fragrances. How is she able to do this while she is supposedly so unstable and unwell?

The whole thing stinks and boils down to a situation whereby Britney was a cash-cow in a legally-backed farce where she has to pay for her own legal counsel (which she couldn't choose) and that of her father (who opposes her interests).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,930 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

it doesn't make any sense, from what little we know, that she would be in this conservatorship for so long

but has she not partly won her case by getting a co-conservator

well even that well management company doesn't want to be a conservator to her https://www.npr.org/2021/07/01/1012290964/company-asks-to-withdraw-from-britney-spears-conservatorship

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭SecretsOfEarth

it doesn't make any sense, from what little we know, that she would be in this conservatorship for so long

but has she not partly won her case by getting a co-conservator

Sort of, but it's a very small victory (if you could call it that).

A financial trust have been appointed co-conservator of Britney's financial affairs, sharing duties with her father. This still doesn't remove Britney's father from her conservatorship, which has been her main point of contention and has resulted in her refusal to record or perform.

Now that (apparently) the paperwork is about to be filed by Britney's lawyer to petition for the conservatorship to end, it'll be interesting to see how the case develops.

It has been interesting in recent days that Jamie Spears issued a statement refuting some of Britney's claims about the personal issues, and shifting blame to the current conservator of her personal affairs, Jodie Montgomery. His team have also conceded that no health evaluation was undertaken when applying for and implementing the conservatorship at the outset. The whole system raises major red flags around protection of the subject of the conservatorship and their interests.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,930 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Sort of, but it's a very small victory (if you could call it that).

A financial trust have been appointed co-conservator of Britney's financial affairs, sharing duties with her father. This still doesn't remove Britney's father from her conservatorship, which has been her main point of contention and has resulted in her refusal to record or perform.

Now that (apparently) the paperwork is about to be filed by Britney's lawyer to petition for the conservatorship to end, it'll be interesting to see how the case develops.

It has been interesting in recent days that Jamie Spears issued a statement refuting some of Britney's claims about the personal issues, and shifting blame to the current conservator of her personal affairs, Jodie Montgomery. His team have also conceded that no health evaluation was undertaken when applying for and implementing the conservatorship at the outset. The whole system raises major red flags around protection of the subject of the conservatorship and their interests.
    raises question about the judges

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

i love the way all the celebs are all falling over themselves to support britney now.but there was no one around when she went bat **** crazy a few years back.
    they dropped her like she was dare i say "toxic".
    ****ing hypocrites.

At least she is getting support. How about Janet?

Advertisement