Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Strictly Come Dancing 2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,556 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I thought that was one of her more sensible remarks, tbh!!

Vertical, and over the pelvis, as opposed to slouched or leaning forward (arse sticking out).

I actually thought to myself last night that for once she seemed to have not been at the sweet sherry!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I was laughing at her talking about her ex-husbands! 😂😂

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

According to this, Steve Allen has apologised to Tilly Ramsay, as well he should, imo.

She was very dignified in her response to him, day one, fair dues.

Rhys and Nancy get on my goat. Not likeable at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,158 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Rose and Gio are quite simply awesome

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Is Graziano doing a tribute to Nandor? 😀

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭SeeMoreBut

Some great dances tonight. Rose and Gio, WOW. Just WOW.

Judi and Graziano, NO. Just NO.

Should be Judi and Dan in Danceoff, but think it’ll be Judi and either Dan or Sara with Judi to go.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Am behind as usual! Saw clips of Judi's and Rose's performances, so far, on Facebook.

Judi will surely be leaving this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Navy blue

I didn’t particularly enjoy last nights show (although the Halloween show has always been my least favourite) I thought the music choices in particular were terrible.

I don’t know what the judges were drinking in the green room to give Judy that score, I thought she was terrible. She always looks so slow and it’s as if she’s putting zero effort in. Though Aliaj really dropped the ball with that couples choice, it should be an opportunity to show of the celebs strengths without the confines of a particular dance and that one just missed the mark totally. Didn’t care for Tom and Amy, Rhys and Nancy or Tom and Katya either.

The only ones I enjoyed were Tilly and Nikita, AJ and Kai and of course Rose and Giovanni. They were just stunning and I am constantly amazed at how she can dance like that without being able to hear the music. Giovanni’s reaction was so sweet, he’s come so far since his first few series when he was so arrogant and cocky. He’s has as much of a journey as the celebs!

Judy and Dan or Rhys in the DO with hopefully Judy to go.

• Advertisement

Totally agree with your post. Would love to see Rose, Tilly and AJ in the final. All three come across as really nice, hard working girls.

I’m getting bored of Johannes and John tbh

Its a bit samey now isnt it ? They need to branch out from the powerful strutting and stomping and get some fun in it again

Yes, there’s been something missing the last couple of weeks, I think the all male partnership works well for dances like the Paso, but not so well in other dances. Missing the femininity in the ballroom dances certainly. And I agree with Craig, their quickstep was repetitive last night.

Agree with all re John/Johannes (as do all of my pals on another forum, it seems to be universal) - they've lost whatever magic spark they had at the start. They're technically brilliant, but the charleston and quickstep are both about my favourite dances of all, and they just didn't do it for me at all. The hallowe'en costumes meant I couldn't tell who was who while they were dancing! Which might be a good reflection of John's dancing abilities - but it was seriously distracting.

Rose and Giovanni's tango has to go down as one of the all-time greats - the dancing was only the half of it, her acting was immense - the first five seconds, before she ever even got out of her chair/throne, had me transfixed - the whole thing was an absolute joy to watch, I've replayed it about 20 times already and I'm not done yet! And she's fkn DEAF!!!!! I mean......

Judi - well, I think the less said about that, the better. What were they all thinking? Aljaz, the producers, the costume designers.....???? She has to be a dead cert to go tonight.

Dan - brought back all the nightmare memories of Scott Mills' lobster performance - which in fairness may not have been quite as bad! But I'm not going back to watch and compare.......

AJ was fabulous, she really is some dancer. There was more dynamism and action to her waltz than there was to the quickstep - and that's not something you can usually say!

I think Adam was cleverly camouflaged by costumes and choreography this week (that's more alliteration than I'd intended!!) - if he gets a simple number next week, I think he'll be exposed again.

Tilly - I hated it as they were dancing it, the whole slow-mo cha cha thing - but in hindsight I can see the cleverness of it, and she danced it beautifully, tightly and sharp moves - still, I think on balance, not for me though. And her look was so bizarre that I found that distracting as well. (I find a lot of the Hallowe'en shows, the costumes overshadow the dances).

And Sara..... I think she's in the "the less said the better" category as well - that was mesmerisingly awful!

I think tonight's dance-off and result are a gimme.

Loved that review Heidi!

Judi looks like she’s given up already. Can’t believe Adam is in the DO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭Xander10

easiest dance off decision ever. Scratching my head now to figure out how she made it to week 7?

Because she wasn't in Week 6 to be voted off then?

She was a total fish out of water this week - just goes to show how the dancers progress so much each week - miss one week and you're left totally behind!

I can't believe Adam was in the dance-off over Dan..... and his dance looked even weirder second time around - but it made it an easy decision for the judges

• Advertisement

The Public seem to be voting for Dan which is a bit worrying. Can see him stinking the place out for another couple of weeks.

Well, in fairness only one can get voted off each week, and Judi was hands down the worst this week - I'd be fairly confident Dan will be next, he's by miles the weakest dancer left

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭santana75

I quite like Dan and the public have definitely taken to him. I can understand why though, he has improved every week, no doubt about that and I think people will want to see someone who genuinely had no dance experience before starting the show improve and progress as opposed to others who quite clearly have previous dance experience. I follow him on social media and he is a gent, very devout aswell, wont train and work on Sundays in honour of his faith.

I just loved Rose and Gio's Tango... I must have watched it a million times over. I heard the song on the radio this morning and now I totally associate it with that performance 😀

I was at my son's soccer match last week and a small sibling of a child on another team on the sideline miss kicked a ball and it landed beside me. When I kicked it back to him he signed Thank you. Only for Rose, I wouldn't have known and I was so mad with myself for not being able to say you're welcome to a little kid!! I gave him a thumbs up instead! Since then I've looked up a few videos so I don't get caught out and have learned a few phrases to get me started and I really want to look into it further to learn for my self and certainly have the kids learn how to sign.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,676 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

I also recently worked with someone who was deaf in the UK (she took a class I run online) and we had a great conversation about Rose on Strictly. I learnt a couple of signs and she was thrilled I had. Of course, they have different sign language in the UK to us in Ireland but I was still pleased. It was so easy to be inclusive.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Agree he is a contestant in the true spirit as a complete novice who signed up. Seen a lot of him as a football presenter and he always came across as a nice guy. Suppose I haven't really noticed the improvement from him, I always think he tries to disguise the lack of dancing with a comedy element.

Speaking of non novice contestants, my suspicion is that Tilly has had dance lessons. Has that been stated or confirmed?

Some great dances again tonight…..and Dan! By rights it should be Dan and Adam in the danceoff, but don’t bet on it! AJ, WOW. Just WOW.

Loved tonight . AJ and Kai were amazing and I loved Rose and Gio

I usually love John and Johannes but I thought it was all about Johannes tonight and out shone John

Adam and Dan in dance off for me

AJ!!! I'd love to hear those in the know on here explain Craig's 9?

John and Johannes though was my dance of the night. Technique wise I'm no judge... It was just the most beautiful dance.

Post edited by Hannibal_Smith on

• Advertisement

Personally I think Craig does it for attention to be honest .

I thought the scoring was a bit all over the place last night. I didn’t get the love for Tom and Amy’s paso, I didn’t think his posture was that great in it and he kind of gurned the whole way through it which was a bit off putting!

Didn’t particularly like Rhys and Nancy’s QS either. His legs were crazy, they looked like they were flailing madly, independent of his body! He really needs to learn to be more contained in his dances if he wants to progress.

John and Johannes were good but I just hate the rumba no matter how good it is so can’t judge if they deserved that score or not!

I liked Rose and Giovanni’s samba, her samba walk in particular was excellent. They were always gonna have a hard time living up to last week though.

Sara, Adam, Tilly and Dan were all a bit ‘meh’. Can barely remember anything about their dances.

AJ though… wow, wow, wow! That has to be one of the best Charleston’s ever on the show it not one of the best dances ever. She absolutely nailed it. They looked like two professionals. Can’t believe Craig didn’t give it a 40. I’m sure we’ll be seeing it again in the final and they’ll get their 40 then!

Dan and Sara or Adam in the DO with Dan to go.

Another excellent summary. Thanks.

Im gone off John and Johannes, but it was a great Rhumba.

Rhys and Nancy are both too manic for my liking.

Tom’s Paso was good, as was Roses Samba.

AJ really blew the others out of the water.

The rest were average at best.

I think it should be Dan and Adam in danceoff, with either to go, but I wouldn’t count on it! The public are strange.

I was in such a heap last night watching, I can barely remember the show! I'm having to revise a fb thread I was posting on as it happened 🤣

Yeah, Tom's paso, didn't get the mad love for it (apart from anything the costumes were so corny they completely ruined any concentration I had on the dance), but it was good (a lot better than some of the other dances!)

Rhys QS - shameless rip-off of Uptown Girl, Billy Joel should be looking for royalties. And it was all over the shop. Not good.

The lads' rumba - like someone posted above, I can't stand the rumba at the best of times, so that did nothing whatsoever for me. The only one I can ever remember liking was Cheri Lunghi's. And those shirts were just weird.

I thought Tilly was good - I absolutely loved her make up and their monochrome outfits, but the floor graphics just made me feel queasy - again, unnecessary distraction from the actual dancing. But was there something funny going on with her head? Or was that Sara??

Sara has definitely done something to mortally offend the costumes department!! That was a shocker of a get-up last night, and my abiding memory of their dance was the rictus grin fixed on her face and she looking like she had an invisible neck-brace on.

Dan's dance was appallingly bad! I thought it was terrible choreography by Nadiya for starters, it was utterly boring, and had loads of copycat moves from Bill and Oti's one (the bench) and Karen's various ones (step sequences), and in fairness, she's the absolute queen of SC. And seeing as they seem to have had free reign with the theme, why wouldn't she go for a football, or at least sports theme??? LA movie star was just so random, and didn't suit him in the slightest.

Who have I missed? Oh, Adam - boring. Can't even remember what dance it was, but it was very average, and his arse still sticks out.

Oh, and Rose!! Well, it's a hard job to follow last week (I felt sorry for Tilly for the same reason!), but I thought it was near her worst dance to date. I had noticed the samba walk while she was doing it, and thought it looked brilliant - but the rest was really stiff or stilted or jerky or something - and she was doing the most obvious counting I've seen so far (I know/think she has to do it for most if not all dances, which is fair enough, but I've never actually noticed it before - maybe this one was extra challenging? anyway, that feels like very mean nit-picking on my part)

And AJ, well, there's not a lot to say there, is there!! Fab-u-LOUS, those arms and legs flailing everywhere (in the best possible way!) - it reminded me a bit of Sophie E-B's one - the height and long legs are brilliant if you can control them - and boy, could she!! It was amazing, should absolutely have got a 40.

Some pair from Dan/Adam/Sara/Rhys for the dance-off.

John and Johannes always dress too alike . It hard to separate them into two people . The tend to mirror each other every single week . In my opinion they need to be a couple with separate identities and not always mirroring the other .

Amazing group dance tonight.

Surprised to see Tilly in danceoff. I thought that her social media following would take her to the final. The right dancer was eliminated, however.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,558 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Pro dance was definitely the best of a bad lot so far this series tonight.

Still trying to figure out why the girls were dressed as Western bar wenches and the guys as Boston dockers though. 😂

Dan is still being desperately overmarked.

Tom's Paso was very very good despite the "oh no, I've stepped in dog poo" face

I was surprised to see Tilly in the DO, I thought her tango was quite good. Dan definitely had a lucky escape last night. I have to say I'm glad Adam is gone, there was something about their pairing that irritated me and his dances were very forgettable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭fits

I don’t like speaking badly of people in general but I didn’t take to them at all either.

I think Adam has a high opinion of himself and thought he was a better dancer that he actually was .

Another good night. I wonder will AJ be in the danceoff? Dan and Tilly should be in the danceoff, with either to go, but it could be anyone! Rose and Giovannis dance was spectacular. She brings out the best in him.

• Advertisement

I thought Sara's dance was fairly shocking. But not as shockingly bad as her dress! Talk abut unflattering....

I thought Tilly and Tom were very middle of the road - not bad, but not good either.

Rhys should NOT have got a 40, there was no way that was better than AJ's charleston! Although he and Rose were probably my favourite dances of the night.

Rose was just so beautifully elegant, I loved that dance - and it didn't feel "gimmicky" at all, which it easily could have.

AJ's was another middling one, not bad, but not very good either.

John and Johnannes - well, Johannes completely overshadowed his celeb for starters - there's no doubt he's brilliant, although he's not at all my cup of tea, and there was something slightly unsettling about that dance for me. I thought John was probably OK, but couldn't get a look-in for Johannes hip-swivelling all over the shop.

Dan still has a bit of a beginner look about his - his dances just don't flow like the better ones do, he's a bit stoppy-starty.

If it was up to me, Dan would be gone tomorrow night. Or Sara, but she has a bit more potential than him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭atilladehun

Yep, spot on. Marks were a little mad tonight.

Still, i had loads of fun.

AJ should not be in the dance off at all . The marking was all over the shop

I thought Rose and Giovanni were beautiful and the silence said a million words

I love John and Johannes but like Heidi said Johannes totally outdanced John and actually lost him at one stage . Johannes should be mindful that its not all about him

I just watched it back and I think Craig was actually sending Johannes a subtle message tonight. He said John was "sitting back" and needed to "push forward with the energy".... in other words, Johannes, let your celebrity shine.

Rose and Gio. What a moment. I love her and she does seem to bring the best out in him like Maryanne said above. What was it Craig said? Contemporary dances have to be what? I missed that point?

I loved Rhys' charleston. He seemed so light! It was one of those dances where we were here 'wowing' on repeat 😂

I have to say I missed the whole Johannes overshadowing John, I think my eyes are always on John any how 😳😂. But sometimes I get that he gets a bit complacent or something towards the end of the dance? Like they've over rehearsed it so by the time they're performing it in Sat night by the end he's just going through the motions? Like, hands go here, shoulders do this, legs go here, job done.

I take it there's no Blackpool this year because of Covid?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,676 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

I thought John was a bit awkward doing the samba but Johannes was also giving it his absolute all: he should have reined himself in.

Apart from Rose & Gio, who l loved (even though I normally hate w**ky barefoot contemporary dances), all others were a little flat for me last night.

Sara & Dan for the dance-off, with Dan to go? Tilly might be in trouble though.

Genealogy Forum Mod

How is Dan escaping? Both Sara and Tilly were brilliant tonight. Neither should have gone 😥

Dan is still hanging in there and thinking he is a good dancer

Delighted for AJ and Kai and now they can put it behind them hopefully

I have to disagree with Sara being brilliant!

Tilly I thought danced better than last night, but Sara was still shocking.

After Dan, she was the next weakest dancer left, so not too big a shock in my book.

AJ and the waltz should be a match made in heaven next week.

I worried for Aljaz’s manhood a few times tonight !! Those kicks were dodgy

• Advertisement
Advertisement