Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards 50 euro league - we go again

Options
  • 24-06-2021 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭

Hi fellas,

Surprised that they have opened up the FF site so early, especially with the Euros ongoing but sure no harm in the added mental torture time pre Gameweek 1.

Congrats to the winners of last season, it was top class scoring and to finish top 3 was a hell of an achievement for the winners.

As usual, I'm running this seasons competition.

Rules the same as usual, 50 eur to enter, can pay via revolut, bank transfer, paypal, and league capped at 40 entrants.

Payout will be the usual 70%, 20% and 10% for 1st, 2nd, 3rd respectively.

PM for details and best of luck to all.

Paul

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 fergalc

Nice one, sign me up..!!

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭supasoumi99

Count me in again too! Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

Just bumping this thread following all the messing about with Boards refurbishment !!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Thanks for running, count me in! Sent 50 there via bank transfer

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭BoysNoize

Thanks again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭McBain11

Fair play for running again 👍️

Count me in.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Markx

Alright Mir - I'll throw my hat in the ring again

Hi all,

Numbers creeping up now after the cluster fook of the Boards.ie "upgrade"

Still room for a few more, drop me a PM if interested.

Hi mirwillbeback,

you may not have seen the discussion on the general chat thread but there are concerns that boards may not be alive by the end of the season or even by the start of it.

gubu.ie has been mentioned as a place that the community could still exist, if boards does disappear, and it would be good if all the users, that run money leagues, could confirm they are happy to bookmark it in case of emergency

No way Klopp - that's mental. Is this because of upgrade?

I'm no way techi, but could they not revert to previous version ? What a clusterfook.

If anyone in the league hasnt got my phone number I can send on and can provide name and address if you need to send the heavies around for payment!

That's madness about boards potentially finishing, that's really shocked me - thanks for letting me know though.

• Advertisement

Also lads, if you wanted i could set up a whatsapp group for us to keep in contact throughout the season ?

I wouldn’t sweat it with sharing your details.

we all just need a contingency plan and I reckon if this place was closed overnight we’d find ourselves again on Gubu or discord.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

I'd be happy with a WhatsApp's group, just in case...

But I'd forum closure actually a possibility?

Lads - 16 in so far.

Still room for a few more but get entries in quick in case Boards has issues and PMs or posts arent seen. Closing date is strictly 6pm on Friday week so it's up to you!

If under 20 the payout will be 70% / 30% for 1st /2nd

If over 20 it will be 70% / 20% / 10% for 1st / 2nd / 3rd.

Best of luck to all.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭BoysNoize

This could be good craic if you / people were up for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭TaytoCrisps

Sign me up, I'll feed the kitty 😉

Last call to those interested in a season long competition with a decent prize pit to reward skill / judgement/ luck.

drop me a PM for details, entries close Thursday @ midnight, no latecomers.

Lads, to all who have entered, on the risk that boards might yet fall over before May 2022, do you want to send me a PM with your name and phone number, I can add it to a whatsapp group for the league so that i can communicate the result and be able to make sure the winners get paid regardless of the boards set up.

Such a shame with how boards has gone, I'm no computer whizz but i can't understand for the life of me why they changed it.

Good luck to all for the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

• Registered Users Posts: 12 FPL48

Hi, I would be interested also, if not too late. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

Also would like to join again this year. Not sure whats happening with boards, haven’t been on much lately it will be sad if it goes

xx

Post edited by mirwillbeback on

• Registered Users Posts: 12 FPL48

Sent by Revolut, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭fennor72

Money sent through revolut thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

hey mirwillbeback i sent a pm am hoping to join if it's not too late 😬

The guy leading this, Damjan, has been impeccable. 

What’s his handle on boards ? 

Everything he does has been gold and not one bit of luck from what I can see. 

A superb TC last week and a great looking FH this week. It made me smile to see him use his FH this week. I think it was a great use of the chip and gives him back Fernandes and the United striker for Watford next week. Bravo. 

Been keeping a close eye on his moves, as we’ve all been chasing him, and he isn’t putting a foot out of place 

His strategy has been really impressive so far. 

It’s great watching someone play the game so well. 

Think he’s currently top 2k overall too. 

Hats off.

edit - I just copied and pasted this from a different thread as it’s relevant for this league too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭Dearg81

He's got a nice little lead but he's played 4 chips like myself so the chasing pack could reel him in. It should be a tight league to the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Some of the scores in this league today were ridiculous! I didnt get the James memo obviously.

The standard of this league has been incredible- im 27th of 32 and think im having a brilliant season!

ill be in touch with the winners the day after the last day of the season, will be keen to stop the cash burning a whole in my pocket :)

im looking to run another next season, hopefully everyone enjoyed the ups and downs of this years fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,575 ✭✭✭patmac

Mad week, outscored him by 77 to go top but don’t expect to stay there, as I have no free hit left, exciting times all the same.

Advertisement