Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loan denied as I’m on maternity leave?!

Options
  • 24-06-2021 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I’ve just been told over the phone with bank of Ireland that I can’t be granted a car loan as I am on maternity leave. I am a permanent member of staff in a hse hospital getting the state maternity leave of €245 a week and the HSE is topping up the rest of my pay (so I am on my full pay). The advisor on the phone told me that because I’m receiving social welfare they can’t take this payment into account and will only go by what the HSE is paying me at the moment. This to me is discrimination against someone who is on maternity leave. This is how maternity leave is done in the HSE. How can I be discriminated against for this? I am on full pay.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Aisling

Salima wrote: »
    I’ve just been told over the phone with bank of Ireland that I can’t be granted a car loan as I am on maternity leave. I am a permanent member of staff in a hse hospital getting the state maternity leave of €245 a week and the HSE is topping up the rest of my pay (so I am on my full pay). The advisor on the phone told me that because I’m receiving social welfare they can’t take this payment into account and will only go by what the HSE is paying me at the moment. This to me is discrimination against someone who is on maternity leave. This is how maternity leave is done in the HSE. How can I be discriminated against for this? I am on full pay.
    Hi Salima, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie. 

I'm afraid we wouldn't have account access here to review your application. You can certainly link in with our Lending Team on 0818 200 420 and one of my colleagues will be more than happy to go through the application in detail with you. 

Thanks, Aisling

Advertisement