Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Camera with wide angle lens for 300 mark

Options
  • 24-06-2021 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭

Is it possible to get a camera with a wide angle lense for around the 300 mark ?

I've been using my phone which has a wide angle lens of 119 degrees. It's ok for basic stuff but I need something that will take in more light and more detail.
    It doesn't have to be an SLR, a good basic camera that will do the job better then my phone will do. There is a few options in Argos but I don't really know what is good and what it not.

Any suggestions ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Is it for stills or video?

GoPros have a pretty wide FOV. The Hero 7 has up to 122 degrees (horizontal): https://gopro.com/help/articles/question_answer/hero7-field-of-view-fov-information?sf96748270=1

But they're obviously more suited as action video cameras. They'll take stills, but aren't really optimised for them (in terms of ergonomics or features).

Point-and-shoots tend not not go very wide, but maybe someone else has experience of a model that does. Otherwise you're probably into interchangeable lens camera territory. In which case, since you have to factor in the price of both a body and a lens, your €300 budget would be most likely pushing you into secondhand gear - and even then your options will be limited. Maybe there's adapters/filters that could get you there with gear cheaper than a dedicated UWA lens.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,695 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

How wide do you need to go, and in what context? Is this for a one-off project, or do you need to shoot several different locations/subjects? Are the shots intended to be "artistic" or "technical" - a wide-angle lens may give you "more light and more detail" but with more and more distortion as you go wider.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

DELETED

Advertisement