Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Loading bay parking ticket.

Options
  • 24-06-2021 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭

I have a Van and today went to cork city center to collect a cabinet.

I drove around a few times to find a loading space free but couldn't find any as they were full and half of them were taken up with not commercial vehicles near the shop i had to collect the cabinet from. After driving around a bit i found a space on corn market street and parks there even though it 5-10 mins from the shop near Patrick street.

I goes to the shop to measure the cabin and bring it outside so i can throw it in the back if i stop in the middle of traffic. I goes back to the van less than 25 mins later and see a ticket for "unlawful parking of a vehicle in a loading bay". Looking at the time of the ticket the van was not even there 10 minutes before they gave me the ticket and the car(non commercial) in front and behind my van had no ticket.

WTF is going on here my van has valid, Tax, Insurance and DOE and i still got a ticket. Are the rules after changing in regards loading bays as i would always pop in to do maintenance before in cork city and never got a ticket. I would say something if i was parked there hours but it was less than 10 minutes there from the time on the ticket. Where are commercial vehicles suppose to park these days in town the van with the roof rack is too big to fit in a car park.

Is this even worth contesting and if i do will i have to go to court as if i do ill be down a days wages then.

Any help or advice would be welcome and thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

You have to be **actively** loading.

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭mondeoman72

That is a strange story. My van never had this issue. They see it is a commercial vehicle from viewing the disk in the windscreen, some vans are not commercially registered.
    I would appeal like hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Victor wrote: »
    You have to be **actively** loading.
    ...or actively unloading.

...or actively unloading.
    If he has a commercial van, he could have loaded up his trolley and been standing in a goods inwards waiting to be checked in. This whole story is wacko.

Appeal it. Unless you were to be seen going into or doing something not compatible to this, like going into a bookies....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭joeysoap

I have an electrician friend, few years ago couldn’t find a spot to park (near Parnell street, Dublin) and was working nearby when a friendly passerby mentioned to him that his van was clamped, and was being towed.

Cut forward a few months and he was again working in Dublin ( this time in a pub on on the quays) friend advised him to be brazen and open the back doors, throw a few wires around and park on O’Connell Bridge.

And guess what. No ticket, no clamp and massive disruption to traffic. Guards and busses drove around his van.He laughs about it to this day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭grimeire

Thanks for the replies everyone. Good to know im not mad.

any body know what the appeal process is like?

Last thing i want is to appeal and lose and have to pay more money or lose out on a days wages as i have to go to court.

Worse thing here is i could of parked for free if i drove in a car but then. would not be able to collect the cabinet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Buffman

It's normally 30 minutes in a loading bay unless they have some local by-law or something.

grimeire wrote: »

any body know what the appeal process is like?

https://www.corkcity.ie/en/council-services/services/parking-services/faq-s/

Appeal Form: Parking Fine Appeal Form
    Appeals must be received on or before the 14th day from the date of issue of a Fixed Charge Penalty Notice. This date will be stated on the Fixed Charge Penalty Notice. If payment is not made in the first 28 days after Fixed Penalty Notice been issued than the cost increase by 50%.
    Parking fine appeals queries can contact 021 492 4555
    You can email parkingappeals@corkcity.ie or download the form and post it to:

Parking Appeals,
    Room 332,
    Parking Division,
    Operations Directorate,
    Cork City Council,
    Anglesea Street,
    Cork
    T12 T997

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles to avoid the DRS fee.

A suggestion, in the absence of official guidelines here, is photocopy the ticket and your tax and CVRT disks onto one page.
    Send it in and explain you were collecting a load in such an address and you would like the ticket cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭grimeire

I appealed it and got this response. Knowing my luck i will be paying an increased fine.

Thank you for your email / Go raibh maith agat as ucht do r-phost.

In order for your appeal to be logged you must:

Be the registered owner of the vehicle in question
    Submit your appeal within the 14 day deadline set out in the Fixed Charge Penalty Notice

Your appeal will be logged, and you will receive a reply by email once a decision has been made. (A notification of the decision will only be sent by post on request.)

Below are some reasons which may not be considered as valid grounds for appeal:

Motor Tax Disc received and not visible/displayed at time of alleged offence.
    Disabled driver permit not visible/displayed at time of alleged offence.
    Parking disc/residents permit/work permit not visible/displayed at time of alleged offence.
    Failure to see/read signs.
    Parking fee Paid using Park by Phone app or Phone Service after the time of the alleged offence
    Parking a non-commercially taxed vehicle in a loading bay.
    Commercial vehicles exceeding the maximum set-down time in a loading bay.
    Parking disc not filled out correctly.
    Incomplete resident parking permit application.
    Medical emergencies not supported by relevant documentation.
    Mechanical issues with the car that are not supported by relevant documentation.
    Vehicle declared “off the road” but parked on a public road.

Please note that if your appeal is unsuccessful, you will be liable for any increase in the penalty irrespective of any delay occurring during the processing of this appeal and you will be open to prosecution.

Refunds in respect of penalties paid will not be made in any circumstances.

Advertisement