Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sum over 21000e allowed on Debit Card?

Options
  • 24-06-2021 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭

Hi there
    Is it possible to use my Debit Card to make a payment of over 21000E?
    I will need to do this next week and need to make sure I can before I go to complete transaction

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Aisling

Hi There,

Thanks for getting in touch with us today on Boards.ie. 

You can certainly make this transaction on your Visa Debit Card. So long as you have cleared and available funds the transaction should be successful. 

Sometimes, retailers can have a limit set on their card machine. If this is the case, they may need to call the number on the back of the machine to increase this limit. 

Also just to mention, our Card Security Team may be in touch should they deem the transaction to be suspicious. If they do send you a text, you can simply respond with 'yes' to the message and the transaction should go through as normal. 

Thanks, Aisling

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭youngblood

Thanks Aisling, great to know, thought I might need to authorize something prior to the transaction, great to know

Advertisement