Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eFootball PES 2022

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,747 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Can't believe the mess that Konami made here, it's honestly a disaster.

Legitimately two years to overhaul the PES series and they ruined it. I can accept the free-to-play model but Gameplay/Graphics still have to be the essential part of the game, and both are a borderline disgrace.

I don't think there's any going back from here on the 2022 version of the game anyway for them. It's like a useless TV show, once people tune out, they aren't just going to come back willy-nilly.

A proper statement would be needed here stating that they made a large mistake with the marketing of the game and the game itself. If you were someone that pre-ordered a player pack or one of those things, you'd be disgusted right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,960 ✭✭✭✭briany

Looking at the history of poorly-made video games, there's usually more of a story to it all than mere incompetence, and a common story is management interfering and telling the developers what they want rather than just letting the devs to it in order to make the best game possible. I wouldn't be at all surprised if there are some ructions at Konami HQ. My personal theory is that the devs shat this out at the last minute to spite their bosses who were pushing for a mobile-centric platform, and force the company to change tac due to the backlash.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Acosta

Yeah I'm sticking with it too. Currently on my 9th season on Master League. I've had to raise the difficulty level. I thought about giving FIFA a chance, but i watched videos and it looks rubbish. Its about the gameplay, not having all the club and player right.

Actually when it comes to the rights with PES, I found the lack of stadium's more annoying than clubs. I find myself trying to remember before moving to a new club if they play in that bloody Konami stadium or not. The lack of stadium variety in some leagues is really annoying also. You could be playing the same master league every night for over a year and move to a new club in a different league and suddenly play in a stadium you've never seen in the game before.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭mossie

Played a few games of the new game last night. It's a frustrating experience. I haven't experienced any of the major glitches but some minor annoyances. The ability of the AI opponent to intercept passes is unreal. Referee is (as always with Konami) crap and it's so slow to respond to commands that you need to anticipate what you want to do well in advance. If they could sort out these and a few other issues it would be playable but still need huge work to improve the visuals etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,638 ✭✭✭dasdog

Winning Eleven on the PS1 was a better game. It's as dreadful online as against COM and will not be fixed with a patch.

• Advertisement

Version 1.0.0 pushed out to spring now

Absolute fck ups

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭brianregan09

They be better off remastering one of the old games now from the ps2 era and just update the teams i'd be happy with that as they were brilliant

They should have cut their loses ages ago, listened to their customers and just released a PES 22 update.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭tigger123

They've pushed the 'fix' to January 2022. At this stage, it won't even be playable until its time for eFootball 2023 next September.

PES 2021 all the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,040 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

They're done. There's no way back from it. If they needed two years to produce that excuse for a game, a few extra months won't make a change.

I've FIFA 22 and love it.

• Advertisement

Hadn’t played any PES since the initial disgusting release of 2022

Been playing FIFA the last few months instead

Had local game with brother of WEPES 2021 there. The gaming experience is so, so much better than FIFA. It actually makes FIFA gameplay look like garbage.

So sickened what they’ve done with the game

A question, as I've not had a Playstation since the PS2.

If i buy a new PlayStation, download PES 2021, can I still download all the fan made updates for clubs and stadiums?

On PlayStation, you can download updated kits and squads as well as classic teams if you want. Stadiums can't be edited but can be "renamed".

I download this recently but when I get to the home screen the only two options I have are; play online or play vs. computer.

All the other options are greyed out. I can't click into MyTeam for example - the option appears onscreen but is greyed out.

Any ideas what's going on? Am I missing something right in front of me?

Not missing anything. Version 1.0 (the actual game) hasn't been released yet.

This is one of the biggest failures I think I've ever seen in video game history (especially given the size of the company/game historically).

Ohhhhhhhh. So that's what the (in)famous Version 1.0 is.

I presumed it was just a few important patches of some sort. I didn't realise the full monty hadn't been released yet.

Fuck me, that's bad alright haha.

Cheers for the reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

my god im shocked at these reviews

then again i havent played it.

Pes 21 is an excellent game that im playing everyday on the PS5, not a bother on it

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Is anyone actually playing this or have people switched to FIFA?

They're actually onto EFootball 2023 now

As my comments previously in this thread have noted, they've absolutelty ruined the franchise. There's nobody playing it - If they are, they're in denial

Everything about it is a mess

• Advertisement

I played it yesterday (as it updated itself to 2023 rather than being a new game in the true sense).

I can't stress how disappointing it was.

Essentially the game is now all about Dream Team which is the equivalent of EA's Ultimate Team. Then there is one other gameplay option which is a one-off friendly game between 2 of 25 teams. And that's your lot. Gameplay is fine albeit of a lesser quality to efootball 2019 yet feeling surprisingly empty. The responsiveness and general flow of playing is fine offline but it utterly shíts the bed online.

I'd be surprised if the franchise is not dead in two years at most.

Ya it’s ruined - Completely based on the mobile game

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Not being able to skip opposition celebrations is reason enough to uninstall it

Advertisement