Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inis Mor or Inis Boffin

Options
  • 24-06-2021 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭

My daughter and 2 friends are looking to hit one of the islands for 2 nights to celebrate finishing school. We are galway city based so easier to get to inis mor.
    Any advice on which would suit them best?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Both are nice but Inishmore would have more things to do and easier to get to.

Inis Oirr would probably be better than Inis Mor

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭secman

Boffin is like going back in time, totally relaxing and amazing people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Paddico

I say Inis Oirr as well, beautiful Island

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭john123470

Inis Boffin is the place. Perfect spot - walk or rent a bike locally and cycle the island.

Beautiful hills, a few beaches, 2- 3 places to stay incl a Hostel. Really picture perfect spot if you got the weather on side

Having stayed on all the islands, Inis B would be my choice for a few days.

You can take the ferry from Cleggan. Takes about 30 mins

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

Inis Oirr would probably be better than Inis Mor
    Paddico wrote: »
    I say Inis Oirr as well, beautiful Island

+1 for Inis Oirr. Fantastic place to visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Boardnashea

Inis Bofin all the way. A little longer to get there but more welcoming and not as many trying to fleece you (it's been a while - maybe its all different now). More space - used to be able to wild camp on the beach at eastern end of island.

Advertisement