Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold war on Virgin media Ireland

Options
  • 24-06-2021 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Absolute long shot here but is there anyone on virgin media broadband playing Cold War still.

When I unhide my geographical location it shows me located as Limerick instead of Dublin which is where I live.

Now this may be related to the head office being located there but just wondering if anyone could see the same in their game? And if that affects the experience in any way?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,975 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I'm VF FTTH in Limerick and it often show my location as Dublin. I wouldn't be too bothered by it, unless it's actively affecting you. On my work laptop, because of a VPN, it also shows my IP as being in Dublin. I think it's basically the ISP's not using correct info on the IP's and it results in a general area (in this case, Dublin) rather than a specific area.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Bigjez79

I called them and they made some change. It may have been only an address that needed to be updated but it shows correctly now in game.

Advertisement