Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flood damage

Options
  • 24-06-2021 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

A tradesman fixed an issue in our house over a week ago, unfortunately he did not ensure the new unit would work and turned out there was a blockage causing a flood.

Landlord lives overseas and leaves the running of the house to us, which is stressful as he wants numerous different quotes when something does go wrong.

He is not reflecting this in rent or in any other way which we do not mind.

Today, the tradesman sent a copy of the email their insurance sent to him, that is an assessor will be out to us “in due course”. The flood has damaged the sitting room floor to such an extent the doors won’t close, the walls are damp and the floor is uneven and soggy to walk on. The sitting room cannot be used.

The landlord is now frustrated that I am annoyed and has said he expected me to be more understanding.
    What would be a reasonable timeframe to expect to have this issue dealt with? We were told on Tuesday the company insurance assessor would be out either that evening or Wednesday, nobody came and now today it’s “due course”.

Any advice welcome

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

A tradesman fixed an issue in our house over a week ago, unfortunately he did not ensure the new unit would work and turned out there was a blockage causing a flood.

Landlord lives overseas and leaves the running of the house to us, which is stressful as he wants numerous different quotes when something does go wrong.

He is not reflecting this in rent or in any other way which we do not mind.

Today, the tradesman sent a copy of the email their insurance sent to him, that is an assessor will be out to us “in due course”. The flood has damaged the sitting room floor to such an extent the doors won’t close, the walls are damp and the floor is uneven and soggy to walk on. The sitting room cannot be used.

The landlord is now frustrated that I am annoyed and has said he expected me to be more understanding.
    What would be a reasonable timeframe to expect to have this issue dealt with? We were told on Tuesday the company insurance assessor would be out either that evening or Wednesday, nobody came and now today it’s “due course”.

Any advice welcome

Whether do you think yourself ? It normal takes time how much two weeks at least.

Advertisement