Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reminder - Turn Off Auto-renew!

Options
  • 24-06-2021 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭

Anyone who bought ps plus in the sales recently, check your account.

Auto-renew (AKA stealing hundreds of future euros) was turned back on AGAIN without my awareness.

Spread the word.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,807 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I'm sure it's in the T&C's that it activates it any time you renew.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Metroid diorteM

I'm sure it's in the T&C's that it activates it any time you renew.

Silly me! Fine print absolutely negates deception. Please continue to support the destruction of consumer rights in the name of fandom.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Silly me! Fine print absolutely negates deception. Please continue to support the destruction of consumer rights in the name of fandom.

Xbox do it also?

And pretty sure Nintendo do to?

It's a rolling subscription, it's up to you to cancel it...

I tend to cancel mine after applying my membership to avoid what happened yourself....

• Registered Users Posts: 28,794 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Nothing to do with fandom when I say this but when I went to buy PS Plus through the app during the Days of Play sale, before I purchased it it said that If I proceed with buying, it would be scheduled to auto renew in November 2023 which led me to ask here if dates were in US or European format.
    I didn't go ahead with the purchase as I could wait another year but it didn't bury it in the Ts & Cs for me anyway.

Anyway, yeah it's best just to check if auto renewal is on or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭shawki

Just to add, even if there is a discount on PS Plus at the time, It will auto-renew at full price

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,807 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Well, it's not deception if the information is in the T&C's. You can give out that they're 'hidden' in the T&C's, but it's still up to the consumer to read and agree. Can't blame Sony for people not reading T&C's. Even my car insurance auto renews unless I cancel it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Doodah7

You obviously have never heard of personal responsibility! This is not deception by any means but your own carelessness!

Advertisement