Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Syrian refugee opens pharmacy in Carlow village

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

This guy should be set as an explain. Syria was a well educated country before things kicked off. Im sure there other others that have the skills and qualifications we are short of here esp in the IT and healthcare settings. I hope he has many years of success

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭The Mighty Quinn

it's also instructive that they chose a story involving a Syrian man who could pass for European.

What are you saying, if he was more "middle Eastern looking" that the story wouldn't have been published?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,223 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Since people are in the know here, or seem to be...can someone answer this for me?

Say I was a carpenter from say (pulls country out of backside...) Cameroon and I had run my own business successfully, but for some reason wished to relocate my family to a rain sodden island in the North Atlantic, allowing that I would have some funds from selling my business plus skills, is there a legitimate* way I can do that?

*without claiming to be a refugee/asylum seeker which I clearly am not.

spurious wrote: »
    Since people are in the know here, or seem to be...can someone answer this for me?

Say I was a carpenter from say (pulls country out of backside...) Cameroon and I had run my own business successfully, but for some reason wished to relocate my family to a rain sodden island in the North Atlantic, allowing that I would have some funds from selling my business plus skills, is there a legitimate* way I can do that?

*without claiming to be a refugee/asylum seeker which I clearly am not.

Yes.
    You must apply for a visa. Depending on what it is you want to do here, there are different visas available.

Advertisement