Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia - threadbanned users in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭animalinside

Supporters of Biden in general were yesterday saying his diplomatic tactics had worked and he hadn't been drawn into escalation or a war with words.

Don't be ridiculous. Stating a world leader will not be allowed to continue as they are is tantamount to a declaration of war.

Beasty you can stop private messaging me, I don't hold your opinions in high regard and will not alter anything about what I post based on what you send me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,580 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

I changed the wording of that post the moment after I posted, I don't want to get drawn into beligerent posting myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Economics101

From CNN: "Ukrainian Foreign Minister Dmytro Kuleba today criticized Russia's strike of a Holocaust memorial site near the city of Kharkiv. "Why Russia keeps attacking Holocaust memorials in Ukraine?" Kuleba asked in a tweet, adding he expects Israel to condemn what he called an act of "barbarism." Russian shelling damaged a Menorah monument dedicated to "the memory of over 15,000 Jews murdered by the Nazis," the foreign minister wrote. Earlier this month, Russian air strikes hit the Babyn Yar Holocaust Memorial Center in Kyiv, where an estimated 70,000 to 100,000 people were shot by the Nazis."

So much for de-nazification! And all the useful fools here can do is attack Joe Biden for a piece of righteous indignation against a murderer and gangster.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,712 ✭✭✭✭briany

No, it isn't, and furthermore Biden is one hundred percent correct. That paranoid little man is a threat to world stability. Putin won't listen to reason anymore because he's gone down a megalomaniacal rabbit hole, and he probably can't even hear his advisors from the far end of his ridiculously long meeting table. The ones he's allowed to remain alive or not under some sort of arrest, I mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Best description of putin I've seen so far " poundshop adolf" ! 🤣

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

It was also one of the nicknames of this WW2 brute.

A Stuka divebomber with two dirty great anti tank/flak guns strapped on with gaffer tape and prayer. Now to be fair, being German it was very good gaffer tape and very precise prayer. 😁 In the right hands it was a very effective anti tank/transport/emplacement/shipping weapon(as the Stuka was in general). It was one of the main inspirations for the American A-10. Post WW2 and with the newly minted threat of the Soviet Union rolling masses of tanks into western Europe, as part of the brief for aircraft(and other things) they turned to the only people who happened to have engaged with rolling masses of Soviet tanks before, even if they'd been on the wrong side(then again without a certain W Von Braun and his friends that One Small Step for a Man, would have been a lot longer. Some selective amnesia required...). Though outclassed by single engined fighters even at the start of WW2, it was one of the more survivable bombers and before more advanced post war aiming systems, far more accurate than pretty much anything, could sustain crazy amounts of damage and keep flying, could take off from a ploughed field in a remarkably short distance and was easier to repair than most and easier to fly. As the war went on the Germans added more and more armour around the pilot, not unlike the armour in the A-10. A relatively slow, ability to loiter, hard to kill with a big gun and plenty of bomb racks scalable and an ugly but purposeful airframe was one of the things that gave the world the USAF A-10.

As I noted earlier about that many kilometres long Russian convoy in Ukraine, if a squadron of the above Stukas had seen a Soviet convoy like that in 1943, or had flown through a time warp they would have thought all their Christmasses had come at once and would have had a field day. At the time that did worry me for the Ukrainians as a target that big not being blown to bits suggested they were fantastic at defence, but offence was lacking. Where were their artillery, tanks, flanking infantry and so on. Thankfully that really seems to have changed since then and they are pushing back against the Russians remarkably effectively. They seem to have kept their powder dry until they knew the lay of the land and with that knowledge are kicking their enemy's arse. 👍️ Long may they continue on that course and kick their arse to the fúck off back to your now economically, militarily and politically fecked craphole negotiation table.

/Aside

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Check the list in the first post in the thread,the putinbots as some call them seem more determined than their armed forces at least to continue their valiant struggle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭supersaint3

I'd have loved to have seen Biden go to Kiev to make that speech, announce it in advance, dare that fuckin bollox to do anything about it...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Which tells me at least RG, they're either utter morons, which I don't believe, or they quite simply couldn't. That's actually worse. Morons can learn from their mistakes, if the enemy gives them time to, if they don't have the means and ability to do that now pretty basic stuff, it shows how lacklustre they truly are.

Earlier the question was posed what if the Americans had tried to take Ukraine and how that would have panned out(very bad in the short term for the Ukrainians), but if we swing it around and ask what if the American forces, or the Brits, Finns, Polish French and Germans for that matter, had gone in as defence in the first week? I am quite sure the Russians would have faced a withering defeat in short order. It's pretty clear now that the only sabre the Russians have to wave now are their nuclear weapons. Without them they're in the tupenny hapenny place and this landgrab war they kicked off has made that crystal clear for the world to see. They're the shouty bully in the schoolyard who bawls his eyes out when he gets punched in the nose by the scrawny kid and screams through tears "I'm telling my dad!!".

This must be getting through to a lot of ordinary Russians back home, at least more than putin wants. And fears. Hopefully and sooner rather than later the Russian people start to ask questions of those pirates that have raped their nation and other nations and became monstrously wealthy on the backs of that and ordinary Russian men and women and made them thank these bastards for scraps from their table. Russia and the Russian people deserve so much better. Another 1917 revolution is long overdue.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭Polar101

Russia has a fairly low life expectancy as well, especially for males - it's around 65 years, which is quite low when compared with most Western countries (Ireland's is around ~80 years for males, I think). Russia's population today is roughly the same as it was 30 years ago (talking about the Soviet state of Russia, not the whole union).

• Registered Users Posts: 17,922 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Fast approaching 2,000 Russian pieces of equipment and vehicles confirmed destroyed, abandoned or captured (he has a bit of a backlog also)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,303 ✭✭✭liamtech

I dont disagree with your assessment of the convoy - certainly easy pickings - just wondering if you ever watched this epic take down of the A10.. i used to love the plane myself - my plane-crush lol - but Lazerpig disillusioned me somewhat -

Genuinely you should check it out @Wibbs - even if you disagree with his assessment, LP's take down videos are a treat for people with an interest in military hardware! (i actually watched this a while ago and enjoyed a pint of craft stout with it - it was bloody good fun may i say)

Enjoy, love to hear what ye think!? i only have a passing interest in military tech myself..

Sic semper tyrannis - thus always to Tyrants

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Panzerknacker might have been a nick name applied to the G series Stuka but it was originally coined for this bad boy:

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭kingstevii

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,303 ✭✭✭liamtech

Sic semper tyrannis - thus always to Tyrants

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭JoChervil

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭JoChervil

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭flanna01

Watching the news and reading this thread is depressing.

Man's inhumanity to man knows no boundaries.

Why does a supposedly world leader think he can just roll into a sovereign country and flatten it??

If the counts are to be believed, there is over 135 known children killed...??

How can a world leader lie straight in bed knowing the blood of at least 135 children are on his hands?

The Americans are no different either by the way. Biden and his Family are as corrupt as they come, nothing but money grabbing thrash.

But still.. After hundreds of years of evolving civilization, here we are.. Committing the most appalling atrocities against the our fellow human beings.

The amount of people on this thread getting their rocks off on this war is unreal. Armchair Generals - That's all you are!

To think that a select few on this planet, have the capability to eradicate all life as we know it on this planet, at the touch of a button is truly frightening.

I think a previous poster touched on the Engineers that concocted and designed nuclear weapons, they should have been drown at birth!

I'm not a tree hugger, nor a save the world knob. I'm a realistic man who is sh*t sick of the people who think they can end the world on some power trip. What right have they to make that decision...???

• Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Here is an eye opening account of what the Russian troops/conscripts were like when they were supposed to be in training for this invasion and for me, it explains a lot:

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭TheTruth89

The auld tanks will be Abit sparse for there next military parade 😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

For sure it shows the Russian military up. That should never of been the case, but you have the people in power just syphon off the money that was due to go there and not giving their armed forces the proper training and up to the standards tht they should of been. Its showing up tragically for the Russian military and it shows that a smaller nation can once it hs better tactics and armed better and has superior intelligence they can over come a larger army. Its not over by a long shot and the Russians would want to do something fast in regards to this which I'm sure they can but would want to do it soon because if Ukraine get 2 or 3 large numbers of prisoners say 5k to 10k Russians each in 1 go i can see the Russian army collapsing then. Being on the defensive might be the best thing for them as they don't have to move their armour etc. around and get blown up, the Ukrainian army will need to dislodge them now. So it depends if the Russians can inflict enough pain on the Ukrainian military now to slow them down and for the Russians to properly regroup and make a proper plan of action for what they are doing and give them some breathing room to regroup.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,907 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Armchair encyclopedia is what you are. I'd suggest you research Biden outside of Facebook, 4chan and reddit.

You might surprise yourself with factual information. And I mean that with all due respect.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,322 ✭✭✭prunudo

Whats this bs of the Whitehouse back tracking on Biden saying Putin needs to go. He has invaded a peaceful sovereign country, killed civilians, destroyed cities and spread lies, why would you want him to stay in power. He needs to go straight to the Hague. Half the reason we are where we are with Putin is because the west have pussyfooted around him for 20 odd years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Asdfgh2020

There is a theory that Putin has connections to the infamous ‘Rasputin’ …..the mad monk guy who escaped many assassination attempts……Putin dropped the ‘Ras’ from his names due to its negative connotations

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement