Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia - threadbanned users in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,512 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

That Putin supporter is wrong on Mariupol. Although the city is Russian speaking and its citizens are ethnically Russian, all the anecdotal evidence suggests that people there were enraged by the Russian assault on their city and now regard Putin as the scum of the earth.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭RedXIV

I thought so but he was pulled up on it by a few colleagues and replied to some of them, and it seems legit from his own thoughts. It's weird as hell, I really looked up to the guy when I worked with him so I think that's why I'm having trouble with it. I'd freaking love it to be hacked but he wrote it in the same style he'd send emails and everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Add to that this:

I said at the very beginning that the nuclear bluff should be called and troops, missiles and planes should have been sent into the south to free up Ukrainian forces to head for Kyiv and that doing so immediately would save lives and prevent atrocities. Had that been done, many, many people would still be alive and some of these war crimes would not have been committed.

I'd just like to give a big shout out to Mr Cool-heads shi​tface in Austria and chairman Butwhataboutmyshekles in Berlin for their continued robust support for the women and children of Ukraine.

Post edited by cnocbui on

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Which hospital did he attack ?

Am I seeing a skull and crossbones "Totenkopf" type symbol on his shoulder ??

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭zv2

Ukrainian foreign minister says Mariupol is worse than Bucha.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” — Voltaire

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,883 ✭✭✭fly_agaric

You never know (imo). Can be a bit like turning over a rock and disturbing the insects underneath it? Maybe no reason for the extreme nationalism/fascist views of a foreigner living here (or I suppose anyone else in fairness) to expose itself outside of kinds of events in the news at the moment, likely to invite comment. If you are just a work colleague or something + not close enough to discuss politics and religion and the like completely openly with them, would it come up?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,712 ✭✭✭✭briany

How much ammo does the Azov brigade have, I wonder? If the city is cut off, it can't be indefinite. And do they know that there is no hope of victory, or is it even conceivable that Ukrainian forces could make a beeline down from Dnipro and relieve the pressure? It's just that it would be a huge pity for Ukraine to lose what's looking to be some of its hardest fighters.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

Just in from work and totally lost for words listening to some of the atrocities carried out in the Ukraine. I agreed with keeping the Russian embassy open for the reason of trying to find a diplomatic end to this. Now the embassy should be raised to the ground in every country and the staff deported asap. Total animal scumbags who carried out these atrocities.

They're probably using the kill-a-Russian-and-take-his-gun tactic.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” — Voltaire

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

Stick to your covid, lizard people conspiracies.

This is about real people.

Some people are really up there own ass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,923 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

• Registered Users Posts: 33,907 ✭✭✭✭listermint

What is this person adding to the conversation. They've been here all day calling fake news . Are the Mods on ?

The Russian embassy is of no value to this country. The ambassador and all in it should be expelled immediately. It would be a massive statement from Ireland. And would echo. We're a small place with a huge profile.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

For Nazi symbols, just take a look at the Wagner group:

Had Putin said he was invading Ukraine in order to Nazify it, he would have been more truthful.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,440 ✭✭✭jmreire

They will have to travel back to the time when KAMAZ and LADA were kings of the Russian roads.......and everyone who drove them had to be a mechanic...... 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭Slava_Ukraine

That point is both funny, and interesting. When I first visited Ukraine back in the day the LADA (and similar Scooby Doo type vehicles) was the dominant car everywhere. That continued for years until maybe 5/6 years ago when the LADA type vehicles started to disappear. In conjunction with that, one could also see how Ukraine was improving and maturing (rapidly) as a country and more resembling how we live in Europe and the "West"

Post edited by Slava_Ukraine on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Northernlily

Nuke the kremlin to kingdom come I don't even give a **** any more

*Bit of an outburst there but the images are absolutely horrific from Bucha.* :-(

So hopeless

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,407 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

I disagree, the Russian embassy is very valuable. We'll, very valuable land. Could build fair few apartments there.

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Northernlily

Honestly, if more images emerge it may get to the point where Russian diplomats should leave for their own safety before the local population trash the place.

Ireland has the 3rd biggest Russian embassy. There are blocks of apartments on the land that should be given to Ukrainian refugees.

Fuck them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭seenitall

The power of ideological brainwashing. You just can’t beat it. I also have an acquaintance or two like that. The horrible absurdity of it is that one of them is truly a salt of the earth woman who’d give you the shirt off her back if you needed it, yet there is a complete and stubborn blind spot when it comes to Russia and Putin. Cursed “anti- western (especially anti-American) means-it’s-good” ideology. Not that I am a special fan of the USA and their conduct internationally. But I also know not to get swallowed up by any ideology in particular. I abhor them.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

There are also vids on youtube that have residents of Mariupol putting the blame on Ukrainian forces, at least regarding the damage to their city. I did note questions and answers about who was to blame for the overall conflict were lacking...

Though unlike places in the north and west like Kyiv I suspect the more mixed Ukrainian/Russian areas in the south and east will have a similarly mixed allegiance to "their" side.

Kinda like if say the British had invaded the North of Ireland in 1971, kept going into the Republic and laid seige to Dublin killing nationalists as they went. Reporters would have a near 100% "Fúck the Brits!" outside Ulster, but within Ulster it would be more mixed respponse depending on area and background.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,948 ✭✭✭circadian

Currently observing the chat in a WhatsApp group between a few mates and one of them is constantly going back to the US bad, making stories to get into war type stuff. It's the left wing equivalent of feckin pizzagate.

I know some of the images posted above aren't confirmed and I believe the one with the young naked girl might actually be from a shelling strike but there's absolutely no reason to not believe that children have been abused. The Russians have ticked every other box in the list of atrocities, I can't see them suddenly deeming the last few beyond the pale, it's only a matter of time before there is proper verification.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

They know that they will be executed or worse if they do surrender and that is a mighty incentive to keep fighting.

That is the type of incentive that means even dying soldiers boobytrap themselves to take out as many of the enemy as they can.

And maybe the guy is just one of these patriotic types that wants glory for mother Russia and is pro Putin ??

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Indestructable

I used be the most pro EU person imaginable but I'm beginning to become ashamed of the organization.

Bloody Austrian and German bean counters.

Napalm the Russian troops. That will do the job nicely.

Probably propaganda. I find it hard to see how the Ukrainians could do so much damage without sufficient artillery. It would also be a very stupid move just when the Ukrainians have the civilized world on their side. At any rate, bombing cities for a mere propaganda return, is a waste of ammo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭ronivek

Except they can't because Ukraine has managed to keep enough air defence intact to prevent that from being an option. Early in the war Russia did send bombers into Kyiv; and it started losing several per day so gave up that approach.

The problem now is that other parts of Ukraine (such as Mariupol) where Russia is now focused do not have such protection.

Also as time goes on Ukraine's ability to maintain air defences will degrade enough so that Russia will stop fearing it; and that will be a big problem for Ukraine.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

I've personally tried to avoid this thread for a while, as keeping up with everything was getting hard. But I'll be honest, Reading and seeing what has happened in Bucha has been on my mind all day. I am actually finding it hard to process some of the stuff.

I think it would be perfectly understandable for the Ukrainians to execute every Russian they find. I mean, the savagery is hard to fathom.

How can there ever be peace now? Entire families eradicated, mutilated, abused by the these **** scumbags. Then they have the bollocks to turn around and say its all fake? How do they stand behind an army of rapists... Child abusers... Murderers.

There is a special place in hell for that **** Putin. Hope he dies roaring the absolute wanker.

Presumably it's utter devastation. It has also had those Chechen and Wagner animals running riot for the past weeks; I can only imagine some of the things that happened. The problem of course is that Russia has been disappearing witnesses; either killing them or sending them to remote areas of Russia where nobody can communicate with them.

I'm also pretty sure the only "journalists" in Mariupol are Kremlin/DPR/Kadyrov spokespeople who can be trusted about as far as their neckbeards are long. Contrast with Bucha where any and every journalist in Kyiv has been allowed out to the area and yet pro-Russians are still talking about crisis actors and **** moving hands.

• Advertisement

Ukrainian refugee centre surely. Or approve the planning permission Russia lodged, let Ukrainian refugees build it, and move the Ukrainian embassy in there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement