Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia - threadbanned users in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭ronivek

"Russian sentiment"?

I'm literally advocating for sending increased types and numbers of weapons to Ukraine to prevent further destruction of Ukraine and killing of Ukrainians. Which part of that exactly is displaying "Russian sentiment"?

Reminder: Putin is a ****

Also worth a reminder that Russia did not liberate Europe in WW2. It replaced a murderous regime with another murderous shower.

They also started WW2 with the invasion of Poland WITH Hitler.

Shower of ****s

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭rgossip30

You preach democracy but would happily see any dissent silenced hollow words .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭rgossip30

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Addmagnet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

Putin was fully aware of how weak the West political systems were before this invasion. He will get what he wants. History will not look kindly at the West when this war ends for not making a stand to Putin. The nuclear card is an excuse for the West not to get involved and their sanctions are a joke just to be seen as If they are doing something. If Putin attacks the West then they deserve everything they get for not having the balls to stand up to this bully and end this horrific war in the first place. Putin will split the East of Ukraine and then the war will be over and Europe/ US will stop the sanctions to Russia and life will return to normal. Europe will continue to pay for Russian oil and Ukraine invasion was thing of the past. What a corrupt world we live in. We are going nowhere with people like Biden, Stoltenburg, Ursula Van der Leyen, Macron, Johnston, and Scholz involved all as useless as each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭purplepanda

QPR a proper traditional club without any fascist criminal money laundering credentials & wanna be posh attitudes. 😎

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Translation..

Odessa businessman Andrei Stavnitser sacrificed his Kiev home to destroy Russian troops.

Near the house, he saw 12 units of enemy military equipment on a webcam and reported the coordinates of the Armed Forces of Ukraine.

“I will rebuild the house, we will rebuild the country, the main thing is to save as many lives as possible.”

I wonder could Anonymous or any other tech savvy people do the same with peoples webcams?

If any were still working I mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,909 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Listen Richard, you've had your say on Twitter. That's your space.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,407 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Been saying this for a long time- so many of these cretins move here, openly despise us and our values. But want to benefit from our superior freedoms and standard of living. Time the west cracked down on these lot and fcuk them back to where they belong. You don’t like what we stand for? Here’s your deportation order back to where you belong. The west has been far too weak for too long, time for reality

I'd find it hard to find a post I disagree more with.

Russia is goosed now and in the future. The west have woken up from placating Putin to fighting a proxy war with him. There is only one long term winner here.

You are either defeatist or nuts to think the West will be happy to deal with Russia/Putin if Russia take Eastern Ukraine. You've spectacularly misread the room if you think this.

As for Russia attacking the West... have you been following the war at all? A determined former soviet country has bogged down Russia and exposed them as a paper army.

The only way Russia sends troops into the West is if they defect.

Also worth remembering which other nation has targeted NGOs, academia and the LGBT community. Hungary, the Russian playbook of an evil west is somewhat active in some EU states unfortunately and anything that goes against them is propaganda.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

I'd be a bit less concerned about Hungary now. Once the EU start to turn off the money tap it'll soften their cough quite a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Just because things don't seem to change instantly is no indicator that there is no movement happening. Russian energy supplies are done in Europe apart from whatever Orbán wants to do but that will not be seen for a matter of months.

As for history well he's heading for infamy himself, right up there with the really bad boys and quite probably abject political failure. There is a stand against him, but obviously not the bad Hollywood script you seem to favour and it's not just the EU. It serves absolutely nobody to widen the theatre of war here as it will bring a lot more pain to the rest of the world.

Russia is goosed now and in the future. The west have woken up from placating Putin to fighting a proxy war with him. There is only one long term winner here.

Tell me one thing, the West are doing to stop this war? Please don't say sanctions because we all know Putin is a step or two ahead at present against the West on this.

You are either defeatist or nuts to think the West will be happy to deal with Russia/Putin if Russia take Eastern Ukraine. You've spectacularly misread the room if you think this.

What did Merkel do? She bought oil from Russia despite them having a very modern history of starting wars. Chechnyia, Georgia, Syria and the annexing Crimea from Ukraine 2014. The EU were happy to continue funding and supplying incredible wealth to Russia and one of the main reasons now that Russia is able to fund this brutal war. Europe messed up and I'm not foolish to think that when this war ends, that assets, trade and cash flow will be more important than the lost lives in Ukraine and the destruction caused there.

As for Russia attacking the West... have you been following the war at all? A determined former soviet country has bogged down Russia and exposed them as a paper army

Just reminding you that this war isn't over yet and with a new general in charge of the Russian forces, this can change overnight, the Russian forces are weak now at present but the failure of the West to finish the job will come back to bite them in the ass. If the Russians are a paper army why aren't the West prepared to wipe them out? Because we all know there is corruption involved and the West need Russia again once this war is over. Politicians and political systems are simply corrupt. All for their own interests.

Russian energy supplies are done in Europe 

Don't take that for granted.

It serves absolutely nobody to widen the theatre of war here as it will bring a lot more pain to the rest of the world.

So you are happy for the Russians to kill innocent children and rape Ukrainian women and loot and destroy everything in Ukraine once it doesn't go outside their borders. And I'm guessing you are happy for genocide to happen in Ukraine too once it doesn't go outside its borders. Typical West approach.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

• Registered Users Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭threeball

His is the typical Western attitude which will see our undoing. There is a golden opportunity to finally put Russia back in its box whilst simultaneously saving countless lives and limiting further destruction of an entire country. But the west will sits on its hands for fear wemight have to take some pain ourselves.

Happy to do the bare minimum in case we impact our economy while at the same time ignoring the cost to rebuild Ukraine, deal with the millions of refugees, the resulting food shortage from no harvest which could extend into years, the list goes on and on but we'll only worry about our own half acre for now and **** everyone else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭rogber

That's simply not true. Zelensky's platform and power are tied to one of Ukraine's wealthiest oligarchs with a big media company and whose money by all accounts is far from clean.

Look, I think Zelensky has done an amazing job these last weeks and I am hundred percent in favour of Ukraine moving towards EU membership, but corruption is rife there and the blame can't all be put on the Russians.

There is a lot of work to be done. But first things first, this war needs to end

It's a beautiful sunny day, I'm not going to get into debating such a poor understanding.

You think Russia is going to sweep across Ukraine and into the West. Gotcha.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,826 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

This, Communistic hate Nazis so much because the more close the relationship, the more bitter the break up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭Raoul Duke III

You're inventing your own narrative here but I can see there's no dissuading you so let's not let facts get in the way of a good rant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭Mecanudo

Its exactly what the Nazis did to children in the countries such as poland which they invaded

Looks like Putin is a big fan of Heinrich Himmler text book of invasion and ethnic cleansing

• Registered Users Posts: 13,826 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

I'm taking the Ukrainian narrative, not my own, it's reflected in German society and international media.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Snooker Loopy

• Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Someone is in pain. Bring it on.

All the people who are prepared to trade moral principle for comfort and safety; I wonder have they really thought about what MAD really means? While it seems terrible that mankind gets wiped out, I don't think it is. I used to think it was the worst possible thing imaginable but now I don't.

Every one dies at some point. Some get minutes to live while others get over a century, but all lives end, and at the moment they do, the world ends - not only does the entirety of humanity end, but the whole universe does as well. We all get to a point where everything ceases to exist and whether humanity falls or continues doesn't matter, it's no longer a concern or issue. Bringing forward every humans event horizon of existence so they they are more or less congruent, is just a matter of changing the timing of the inevitable, which is random anyway.

Putin reputedly has 7 children, and at least one or more grandchildren, I think. I don't believe he is willing to deliberately kill them all and wipe out the very Russia he says he's doing this all for. He's bluffing, and even if he isn't, I doubt the chain of command to the keys turning would all carry out their orders to exterminate their own families. The very frequency and willingness to wave this threat around so often and with such abandon, should be enough to tell people it's an empty threat. 'She doth protest too much, methinks.'

I think we have already gone past the red lines of assistance Putin originally voiced at the very outset. Many people are worried about Putin's red line being real, despite his history of a torrent of lies and deceit. His modus operandi is to lie about everything. I doubt there is anyone who could add them all up and provide a figure, so numerous and endless are they. It's simply illogical to give this threat any credence in the face of Putins relationship with truth.

Here's a good one everyone should remember when they are worried he might not be bluffing: "President Vladimir Putin said on Saturday that Western sanctions on Russia were akin to a declaration of war."

Oh look, we're all still here, seems it was an empty threat - no surprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭Mecanudo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Hobgoblin11

one could say we are now entering the real fighting months in the Donbas war, historically speaking, since 2014 the separists have bunkered down in the winter months trying to survive and feed themselves and the war reignites in spring/summer months so the fireworks will be flying for the next 5/6 months and on and on

Dundalk, Co. Louth

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement