Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia - threadbanned users in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

It happens on both sides but who illegally invaded Ukraine in the first place? Yes it was RUSSIA. They deserve everything they get.

Don't hide behind ambiguity. A cheap shot that could have been taken from Putin's playbook.

Link if you want to be taken seriously... if that's something you are accustomed to.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭Polar101

Spot on.

I've said it before, but Putin is the best spokesman for Nato membership.

In December (less than 4 months ago), the Centre Party in Finland said they are against Finland joining Nato - the party traditionally favours neutrality and good working relations with Russia.

Today's news: "The Centre Party on Saturday said it would support the Finnish leadership if it decided to apply for membership in Nato."

They say they don't expect good working relation with Russia are realistic in the near future.

Putin is a miracle worker - he's managed to get the Finnish people, the government, and all opposition parties to back Nato membership in Finland.

---

Can we get Vyborg back? My grandmother's old house is still there, when she had to flee the Soviet invasion in 1939 and leave everything behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,527 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Oh Vlad still trying to blame Ukrainians for what you guys do? Ie. Bucha

No, I mean Russia aren't the first country to attack women and children. I'd link but the children on this thread would invoke a technicality that this is the Russia thread.

Why are we going back and forward on this - because Cnoc... asked if anyone changed their minds about potentially triggerring ww3, because, shur we're all going to die sometime anyway.

• Advertisement

What are you dribbling on about, do please try to keep up. Now I know why the more serious posters have left the kiddy pool.

If they can provide anti ship missiles, they should supply better air defence systems.

Your dribbling whataboutism is cliche at this stage.

Thats why the comrades left.

Like paper won't refuse ink, you can write dribble on here. If you can specifically detail what you are accusing me of and give an example. I'll then happily correct you.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Try reading between the lines rather that go straight to butt muncher just because he's Russian. To be fair to that retired Kremlin advisor guy, someone who was verymuch on the inside, he was being more open and honest that the vast majority of Russian talking heads of late. It was clear he was trying say what he wanted to say while trying to avoid saying what he knows will get him in trouble. He pretty much agreed with the war crimes stuff, the "it's war that's what happens" angle, he also pretty much agreed this has no gone to putins plan and he gave the distinct impression that few were in on this initial plan. Sounds like he sold the inner circle on "just" and invasion of the "independent states".

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

What part of Russias 6500 nuclear warheads did you miss?Are you aware of the madman called Putin have threatened to use them?

Do you not think its enough killings in Ukraine or do you favor a nuclear holocaust instead with 4-5 billion dead and a inhabitable planet for survivors and generations to come in world war 3

I sure wouldnt gamble on it,would you

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Putin mad man = Check

Nuclear war heads = Check

Give him what he wants plea = Check

Putin bro detection rate high = High

To add. Putin has already committed Nazi level war crimes.

It's not like he's not a psychopath. One that's potentially dying.

At least some of the pro NATO attacking Russia supporters admit they are not too bothered about billions of children being killed horribly as long as Putin gets what's coming to him.

Nobody wants to give Putin what he wants, including possibly nuclear war so he can go out on a high.

Give Ukraine far better conventional weapons first. No, let's go risk ww3 as the next option so I can look like a hard man on boards.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭rolling boh

So frustrating to hear about Ukranian people speaking with family members in Russia who in turn simply refuse to believe what is going on .

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭goldenmick

Ambiguity? Cheap shot?

You're very adept at pulling the wool over your own eyes as well as others.

You know damn well I can't go back over 1200+ pages of the thread one by one.

You DID tell numerous people previously to go to the Ukraine and fight if they felt that strongly about it. And now you're denying it, which makes you a liar. And you're still continuing to spout the same nonsense in the last 2 or 3 pages. (If anyone knows a way to quickly pull up all of a persons posts on this thread, then please let me know).

People only have to read your posts for the last few hours on here to see exactly the type of person you are. Almost all of them are sneering at people, insulting, name calling, derisory and dismissive.

You clearly think you're something you're not. It's not clever or smart to continually talk down to posters, disrespect their views, be rudely dismissive and attempt to belittle them. You've done that to dozens of posters, and Boards is the loser at your presence on here.

Your opinion counts for nothing when you're continually trying to force it as the only correct view on people, and pathetically trying to back it up with your schoolboy sneers.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,574 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

This isn't just Russian media.

I was talking to an Irish fellow today who has somehow gotten himself exposed to all this online. Apparently this was wasn't brought on by Russia invading Ukraine. It was actually provocation by NATO and the US that forced Russia to go to war. All the civilian casualties in this war is just Western propaganda. The missile attack on a Ukrainian railway station was actually a false flag (if you hear anyone say these words, it should be a warning flag in of itself) the attack was actually propagated by Ukraine.

I am under no illusions that Ukraine is perfect, but compared to the totalitarian Russian regime, it's clear something that's worth supporting.

What part of Russias 6500 nuclear warheads did you miss?Are you aware of the madman called Putin have threatened to use them?

Did you count them all and confirm they all actually work? Because going by their military equipment hardly any or it looks decent and looks more like scrap than anything else.

Anyway Putin isn't going to use Nuclear weapons he knows he can't as there would be no logical approach or sense to use them and especially not in Ukraine. If he does Russia is also finished as a country. He is just flashing this card at the West because he knows they are weak and won't do nothing. He is ahead of them at present with basic strategies even if he's losing the war on the ground. The West are like a rabbit in the headlights not knowing what to do or handle Russia exactly.

sure wouldnt gamble on it,would you

At this stage we should.

Is that what you are relying on? What if he has only 500 functioning missiles. And you can be sure the subs are maintained at least.

Based on that alone your risk analysis is poor and I don't think you'll have convinced NATO to attack Russian forces.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭Curious_Case

No

He didn't condemn the rape and murder of innocents

He deserved a firm rebuttal for saying "ah sure that's grand if there's a war on" (my paraphrase)

Read between his lines? - cologne on a pig!

And you are willing to gamble 4-5 billions lifes over the nuclear warheads doesnt work and he wont use them because its no logic?

Is there any logic to invading a country to liberate it from Nazis that doesnt exist and murder and raping women and children in cold blood?

Is there any logic in defending war crimes even though the evidence is in front of you?

Is there any logic in sending your own troops as canonfodder telling them its an excersise?

I wouldnt trust a notorius war criminal and liar sitting on 6500 nuclear warheads,some he even stole from Ukraine to guarantee their security.

First of all where have I denied anything? You said I'm a liar because I denied something. That's BS for staters. Your coming across like one of the Russian presenters.

Point out where I denied saying those that think NATO should attack Russian troops should sign up. I didnt. Find it and I'll leave this thread for good. There's your incentive.

Away with you and your toxic accusations.

And you can click on my avatar and bring up my posts to speed you up.

Second, as succinctly as possible, tell me what kind of person I am?

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭ollkiller

Long time lurker in this thread. Just want to say thank you to everyone giving real time updates. Bullys need to be stood up to. F#ck Putin. To all Ukrainians you are the bravest people ever and the West should be doing more to help you. History will not be kind to our weak response. Just know most ordinary people in the West are there to help and assist any way we can. Praying for the day the invaders are driven from your country. To all you Russian bots. Hang your head in shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

That was a fascinating listen. Not sure the Russian minister was supposed to be that blunt about things , from either a Russian or west perspective.

I would worry about him saying that the Kremlin is convinced victory will be assured soon and Ukraines government will be gone. What does that mean? How does that happen given what we have seen? Is it WOMs? Covert killings? What could make russia think it’s gonna wrap things up in a few weeks?

The Russians don't maintain very little from what we have seen in this war. Have you seen the Russian military vehicles and tanks, many of them breaking down. Even their military trucks had cheap bad and defective rubber under them not fit for purpose. Some of their missiles didn't even detonate when fired. Who's to say that some of their nuclear weapons could malfunction?

Again in your world, NATO don't have to intervene in this war because of the sanctions they have introduced which you are getting a horn about.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Jeff2

I found the documentary," Putin's road to war" on RTE player. This is interesting and mentions the apartment block bombings.

I haven't watched this on player as I'v it recorded so I don't know how well it plays.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_apartment_bombings

I've no doubt a lot of their missiles won't work. The problem is that many will, and when a single one hitting, say, New York will kill millions.

It won't take you long to read back on my posts to see I support a lot more than sanctions.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,415 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭rolling boh

Putin will do what he thinks he has to before his big parade day next month that is someyhing to worry about he is desperate and that makes him very dangerous especially as it looks like nobody will stand up against him .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement