Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia - threadbanned users in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭ronivek

So you're saying that you've personally seen Polish and US helicopters flying over the Ukrainian border and into Ukraine regularly?

I mean obviously you're going to see and hear helicopters if you're anywhere near Rzeszów; in fact there was a US Black Hawk flying around that area over the past hour or so. There have also been medevacs confirmed as you say; but flight data shows they landed next to the Ukraine border or at clinics in Poland close to the border: they didn't actually cross the border.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭GM228

"You and those like you won't be satisfied until NATO escalates thing into WW3, while you lay safe behind your keyboards pledging support over something you had near zero clue about a scant few months ago awaiting twitter feeds for numbers and memes as a distraction and something to talk about."

Don't worry, they are well prepared for WW3:-

If real would appear to be not using as big a bomb as expected?

They might not be using the big FABs yet; I'm not even sure if they have that many of them. There were a few claims made about Russia trying to reactivate some FAB-3000s specifically for Azovstal:

Also there are more aircraft than the strategic bombers operating; could be just standard munitions or smaller FAB-500s.

I'm also wondering if Russia will be willing to sacrifice men to try and capture some Azov troops to parade around; so maybe they'll only use them tactically as they advance... who knows.

I'm just hoping Ukraine have managed to keep a Buk or Osa or Strela or something hidden somewhere so they can shoot down a Russian strategic bomber or two... that would really get their blood boiling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭ZX7R

I don't live near rzeszow it's an hour and a half drive away ,I'm 5 minutes walk from the border

The attached photo grey roof in center of picture slightly above is a row of lights that is the border crossing.

It is due east anything that flys over that is in the Ukraine.

All flights I saw flue due east and didn't deviate there flight path while in sight.

They fly directly into the Ukraine.

I see: is it possible you were seeing Ukrainian helicopters? It would make a bit more sense if Ukrainian helicopters were crossing into Poland for medevac flights and so forth.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 michaelvvmoreno

This dog "Patron", who serves in the subdivision of the State Emergency Service in Chernihiv, has already found about 90 mines since the start of the big war with Russia. 

• Registered Users Posts: 19,399 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

They might be Polish Helicopters with Chinese Ukrainian flags painted one them. Stable geniuses could have come up with a cunning plan like that.

https://i.imgflip.com/1j6813.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Medical helicopter is what I'd describe as a Russian type make red and white ,but they always come from the direction of inland Poland.

The black Hawks I've seen are dark military green or black coloured no visible numbers underneath them.

I'd say there is more things going on than were are publicly told, sorry if that sounds like conspiracy talk.

• Advertisement

I'd say there is more things going on than were are publicly told, sorry if that sounds like conspiracy talk.

Now now, I'd doubt very much if any of those people make any decisions without checking with us here on boards.ie first.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,518 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

It's certainly plausible. The Russian air force certainly aren't operating as far west as the Poland - Ukraine border, meaning it's anyone's guess what is happening there and just what type of flights are being allowed in by Ukraine.

I would just be very surprised to see any US assets in Ukraine given everything we've seen from the Biden administration until this point. Russia is doing everything it can to frame the conflict as a war against NATO and not just Ukraine; and Black Hawks over Ukraine would just give them more fuel to dump on that particular fire.

As for Polish aircraft I would be much less surprised I suppose; they have been giving SPGs/MRLs/tanks to Ukraine if the reports are to be believed so a few medical helicopter overflights wouldn't really be any more escalatory than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭goldenmick

@Wibbs - The West's inaction. Would you ever give it a bloody rest with the hysterics. We're not watching the "certain death of billions now or in future war to come". FFS, what are you smoking?

...any other impotent ploy you wish to attempt to deflect from the hysterics of your position.

Fine talk from a Mod who should be setting standards. I've seen people banned on here for less.

More people support military intervention IN UKRAINE (I never said Russia) than oppose it. Numerous surveys have been done. So by your reckoning that's an awful lot of hysterical people smoking wacky substances out there.

Billions of people WILL die in wars, from now and all future wars. That's a fact. Unless we prevent it. What part of that is hysterics?

Why do many of your long-winded replies tend to focus on deriding and trying to belittle people, when you are the one in the minority. Do you also cut and paste your rhetoric to send to all the Generals, senior war strategists, government figures and many others who believe intervention to be the best option?... I Think not. You'll just spew it out on here in the ignorance of your self belief that you're smarter than others on Boards.

@Wibbs - Over a half a million people have been killed in Syria in yet another proxy war with both Russian and Western involvement and I don't recall you clutching your breast too hard about that...@Wibbs

I thought this was the Russia thread.

Would you prefer it if people derailed it with Syrian content? As a Mod would you then berate them?

@Wibbs - You and those like you won't be satisfied until NATO escalates thing into WW3, while you lay safe behind your keyboards pledging support over something you had near zero clue about a scant few months ago awaiting twitter feeds for numbers and memes as a distraction and something to talk about.

And what exactly makes you think I had no clue?... because I don't pontificate and write reams of self-indulgent essays on here as you do? Because I'm not sanctimonious and condescending as you are, and don't profess to be the fountain of all knowledge as you do?

For your information I didn't pledge support, so you're wrong there.

For your further information I don't use Twitter at all, don't wait for "numbers" and "memes", and any opinions and views expressed are wholly my own. So you're also wrong there.

The fact you don't agree with me is irrelevant. This is after all a discussion board

The fact that you are the hysterical one speaks volumes.

Some Mod. You're a disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭Field east

I thought that Mariopul was levelled/scorched/ etc,etc. how come that the street looks as if it has not been touched by war - no burnt out cars,etc- two buildings are still standing - no sign of being bombed - and the trees seem to still have all their branches. WHATS GOIN ON ?

Red and white sounds like Ukrainian Ministry of Emergency Situations helicopters.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭Field east

Have you told the Russians yet about all these movements!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,518 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Good in depth article from Julia Davis about how the state propaganda machine is spinning the war in general and the latest developments. They all sound barking mad essentially and fit to be sectioned. Solovyov is claiming 50,000 Ukrainians have been killed, all caused by the "criminal" Zelensky (I'm assuming he means Ukrainian soldiers, as the regime would never admit to killing civilians).

Not really sure what you're trying to say here.

I mean I can't say for sure if that is Mariupol but I don't see why it couldn't be. Not every single building in the entire Mariupol area has been destroyed; and in particular this area would be on the outskirts of the suburbs by the looks of things. Much of the fighting has been in the urban areas from what we've seen.

Also it's not as if we can see much detail beyond the two buildings closest to the camera anyway.

• Advertisement

Fine talk from a Mod who should be setting standards. I've seen people banned on here for less.

You must be new around here. Wibbs is the Putin of boards. Don't mess with him unless you are thinking of taking up window-skydiving-without-parachutes as a new hobby.

I almost contradicted him once but saved myself with a ninja edit.

Bomb Kyiv "once and that's it", well there's only one type of bomb that would only require a single once off bomb, is that what he is hinting at?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Second British soldier captured in Ukraine.

Article reads...

A second British soldier who was captured fighting with the Ukrainian army has been paraded on Russian state TV.

Shaun Pinner, 48, was seen in a chilling propaganda video released Saturday NIGHT.

“Hi, I’m Shaun Pinner, I am a citizen of the UK. I was captured in Mariupol. I am part of the 36 Brigade First Battalion Ukrainian Marines,” he said in the video.

“I was fighting in Mariupol for five to six weeks and now I’m in Donetsk People’s Republic.”

In the clip, the soldier was wearing a blue hoodie and had no visible bruises but appeared tired.

Pinner — who is originally from Bedfordshire, England, but had been living in the Ukrainian city of Donbas — had been fighting in the besieged city of Mariupol alongside his friend Aiden Aslin, 28, the Guardian reported.

Aslin — was the UK’s first known prisoner of the war — was also filmed for a propaganda video released last week on Russian state TV. In the clip, he was asked if he was responsible for any killings.

“I don’t know,” he answered nervously in English. “I did not do any fighting.”

The Kremlin has claimed that 1,026 marines fighting for Ukraine — including 162 officers — had surrendered “as a result of successful offensives by Russian armed forces and Donetsk People’s Republic militia units,” referring to the pro-Russia rebel Ukrainian forces.

Russia has claimed that 1,026 marines fighting for Ukraine have surrendered.

Pinner had previously expressed fears about his capture.

“I fear for my life. The Russians will treat us differently if we are captured because we are British. This is always on my mind, that I will be captured,” he told the Mail on Sunday in January.

But he said that he felt an obligation to fight on behalf of his new home.

“I am here defending my family and adopted city. Russia started this war. It’s funded by Russia and driven by Russia, but we will fight them, make no mistake about that.

Article and interview in the link.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Hobgoblin11

Dundalk, Co. Louth

• Registered Users Posts: 8,444 ✭✭✭jmreire

In Damascus, you could clearly see the area where there was intensive bombing, hard to find anything except ruined shells of buildings ( and people still trying to live there, in basements etc). and in other areas, to all outward sign's, life went on as usual. Sure there were lots of bomb and bullet damaged buildings, but the trees grew in the parks and on the streets, traffic moved on the streets, restaurant's and supermarkets were open. Of course, beneath the surface, Life was far from normal, but to look at it from pics etc. it looked OK.

Russia's default may result in European hyper inflation and Europe's own default, eh.....ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭goldenmick

@Donald Trump - You must be new around here. Wibbs is the Putin of boards. Don't mess with him unless you are thinking of taking up window-skydiving-without-parachutes as a new hobby.

I almost contradicted him once but saved myself with a ninja edit.

I'm not new on here by any means. I used the forum for years but drifted away about 6 years ago. Lost my login info so re-registered again.

I have to say that the pomposity and arrogance of some is tempting me to "accidentally" lose my login info again.

Of course: angry middle and old-aged Russians have been crying for nuclear escalation since the first few days showed the Russian Armed Forces up. I don't think they can face the realities of "modern" Russia.

I'm also not sure the EU/NATO would even do much about it should it happen; which is the more depressing part.

Ah no. Wibbs always makes good points. I was only joking about the windows.

If you go missing, we'll know it's because you lost your login details and not because you've taken up self-defenestration as a hobby

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Hobgoblin11

Dundalk, Co. Louth

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement