Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia - threadbanned users in OP

Options

Comments

De-escalation is good. Leaders of all these posturing countries on both sides are twats. They’re not the ones who have to go to work wondering if this is the day they will senselessly die for their country.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭TheTruth89

Where did the hysteria originally come from? what caused this discussion in the first place?

Why is Putin meeting with western leaders over a military exercise in Russia?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Liberty_Bear

Obviously you dont as the World Bank link above adds up to 30bn in 10 years so I have no idea where you got that from.

In your response reference a link to back up your assertion and we can go from there

I know what I said and stand by it .

No point you trying to split hairs ,

At least your original but it's not required

• Advertisement

Ive pulled you up on information that is not factual. You can refute it if you like and Im quite happy to engage.

Not going to split hairs with you as there is a good degree of what you posted I can agree with but at least have the decency to to try prove me wrong.

No your trying to split hairs .....

I don't need to prove you anything , I've nothing else to add.

Bidens speech ....

He said he wouldn't put American boots on the ground but then added this

And make no mistake, the United States will defend very inch of NATO territory with the full force of American power.

"An attack against one NATO country is an attack against all of us."

Has Biden confirmed nato membership for Ukraine .....

I like how he added that neither America or Nato has missles on Ukrainian soil and there was never plans to do so .(despite what was claimed here )

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭BurgerFace

Cork lads also see Kerry boys as the enemy. But they aren't going to look at them as invaders if some gang of outside clangers tells the world that's how it is.

But they Forced Putin to change his plans ,

Imagine that a few lads from Cork and now Ukraine , what next for putin ,

Tell us more about these Ukrainians you have been meeting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,389 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

You're talking absolutely shite

I know lots of Ukranians and not one of then wants to be ruled by the dictatorship in Russia

Even the most pro Russian of my Ukrainian friends know that putin is trying to bully Ukraine with the threat of an invasion

As I have said before, Russia is NOT going to invade Ukraine. Why would they? To re-establish the USSR? Then would Russia not have started with Uzbekistan and Kazakhstan and a few other places to fill the belly of the Red Army before turning west?

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Derkaiser93

No sign yet of any significant withdrawal of troops from the border. In fact several trains and trucks en route from locations throughout Russia to the border. Maskarovka in full swing. The usual suspects will deny this because "putin said so", yet will refute everything any media outlet, analyst and expert or politician says. Cause we all know Putin is more honourable and trustworthy than anyone.

He would start in places that are for all intent and purposes Russian satellite States ,

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Canadians and Americans differ but they see one another as "connected". The Dutch and the Belgians.. likewise. They may differ but they have more in common with each other than someone such as you who thinks that they should fight.

Do you know any Ukrainians? Do you know any Russians? Have you ever been to either of these countries? If not, fine. You could actually go online and maybe connect with some people from both parts of the world. It would be a better use of your time than pretending that you know how they live.

It isn't difficult to connect with anyone so why don't you try to get the odd opinion from those on the ground?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,424 ✭✭✭MFPM

Anti imperialism you mean, try get it right. My sympathies to you at this difficult time, I know how much you were hoping for a conflict from the safety of your couch.

'Significant' withdrawal...you have to lovd yhe word play of up boys. No invasion incoming, I know it must be devastating for you..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,433 ✭✭✭jmreire

So from the Russian Ambassador to Ireland himself this evening on RTE1, Quote "all going well , within 3 to 4 weeks, the Military will resume normal locations and operation. ". So folks, there you have it, in 3 or 4 weeks it should be all over bar the shouting. Now , when I see all the Russian forces back at home safe and sound in their "normal" bases, then I'll say, Yup. Its over ( Thank God ) And that will be that. But, until it happens then as far as I'm concerned, it ain't over until that happens.

My neighbors are Ukrainian another is a former KGB officer from Moscow ,and so is my brother in-law(Ukrainian) ,I've been to Ukraine twice as well as all the now independent states formally occupied by russia , very little consensus to be Russian ,some might speak Russian but that's about it , shared history they were forcibly occupied by russia since the end of ww2 , Czechs , Slovak, poles , Lithuanians , Latvians , the list goes on .

What site are you speaking to Ukrainians on that you based your opinion off ,

Nothing to add just a point to prove

Your credibility on this topic is getting less and less

• Advertisement

And that is your right but for those of us who stood square against the 'imminent' invasion rhetoric of US 'intelligence' parroted here uncritically notably by those who 'spent time' in the East and 'knew better' than us philistines the current and ongoing withdrawal is vindication.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,678 ✭✭✭✭briany

Two questions -

Wouldn't Russia invading Ukraine just eventually move the line of contention to Poland and Romania, who are actually in NATO, and Russia would start complaining about that and issue threats?

Second question - if it were not worth it for NATO forces to fight Russian forces in Ukraine because of the potential for that to escalate into an truly disastrous war, at what point *would* it be worth it to fight Russia, if ever? Could they attempt to reestablish the Eastern bloc and meet no resistance other than local, due to the abject fear of sparking WW3?

Nice try it's been done before ,

Anything else to add ,8 + years of Ukraine and Russian threads I think I know what I'm talking about ,

Nope clearly directed Anti west Anti US/UK, Pro Russian propaganda thats all your peddling, your mad now so your attacking personally.

Did i hit a nerve by exposing your anti west pro Russian propaganda?

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but.....

THEY ALREADY HAVE INVADED THE UKRAINE IN 2014 THIS IS A FACT.

"Ruled by the Russian dictatorship"

Can you ask your friends who wanted them to be ruled by a foreign power?

Nobody wants to be ruled by a foreign "dictatorship"...who the hell would.?

Ask them a real question...are they as hateful of Russian people as you are?

Tavistock clinic..........

Ahhh so that's what's this about 😂😂😂

Remind me are we still on ukraine

• Registered Users Posts: 8,433 ✭✭✭jmreire

So, according to you and those who stood square against the imminent invasion rhetoric (etc) are convinced that its finito...all done and dusted, finished ? End of story in fact?? Well, I hope that you and the other's who stood against the imminent invasion will prove to be correct, quite incredible though it may seem, but having spent time in the east, ( your words ) I've been far to close to front lines for comfort and have no wish to hear or see any more of them, anywhere. So, as I have already mentioned...I would not consider it as been finished yet. And neither does the Ukraine Ambassador to Ireland according to her interview on RTE, so I'm in good company.

Germany doesn't want to lose the Nord Stream pipeline.

America wants Germany to not accept Russian gas via the pipeline.

Olaf Scholz doesn't want to suck American dick anymore

America wants to topple things by constructing a bullcrap possible war in Ukraine.

The Chinese BRI is already on its way to connect Shanghai to Genoa.

America is finished.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Derkaiser93

The Russians are still on the border. Still approx 150 000 of them that is a FACT

This information is confirmed and collaborated not just by your boogeymen US , UK and NATO but by Norway, Germany, France, Ukraine and Baltic nations. By independent analysts. And is clear for all to see. And there is yet to see any clear evidence they have left. THIS IS FACT

Russia has already invaded part of Ukraine in 2014. THAT IS A FACT

Russia supports seperatist militants in East Ukraine and today has just recognised these jurisdictions as legitimate independent republics. Which I repeat are part of Ukraine . THAT IS A FACT.

Ukraine themselves are taking this situation extremely seriously , arming themselves to the teeth, arming and training citizens too. FACT

None of these can be disputed. Russia may certainly invade or they may not. But they are a threat to Ukraine and until these forces and equipment are removed from the border the threat is high. Now give your head a wobble and grow up.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement