Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia - threadbanned users in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,389 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

The McCarthyist media is very successful in pushing that lie about no elections in Russia but the reality is Russians DO vote for Putin to stop this lot 👇 from getting into power.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

There only allowed to vote for Putin,

Putin decides who's allowed to run,

Democracy only for flat earthers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,424 ✭✭✭MFPM

Not a personal attack in sight, still making stuff up I see.

As I said my sincere sympathies to you at this difficult time...chin up, take the learning out of this and try apply it in the future.

Happy National Ukraine Unity day 🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦.

In other news ukraine is still surrounded by russian forces

• Advertisement

Many innocent lives have been lost in their pursuit of markets, many a dictator has been supported in the pursuit of same....I don't want this, you may, that's for you to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,947 ✭✭✭circadian

Where was the expected 1am invasion?

What's the new date and time?

I wouldn't be putting too much weight into Daily Mail reports of exact times. Misinformation is something the Russians are skilled at, moreso than any other nation.

If I were in their shoes I'd be leaking all sorts of silly **** like this too knowing full well the rags of the day will get a nice big shock headline out of it with no recourse.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭timmyntc

I though today was the invasion>?

The US were so sure about it? They'd hardly lie would they?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭fly_agaric

So you've over the top approach (Burger) flinging out the Dorks, Dildos and Cocksuckers to beat the band esp. at elected leaders of Western countries for some reason, never I think at likes of Putin or Chairman Xi. And the arrogant, sneering lawyerly posts (MFPM) - Show me where I said that, in post x line y you said z....! No U!

Pages upon pages of it. Just have to laugh at how absurd it all is. It's not going to change anyone's mind so only purpose is to discourage and spoil + throw up a cloud of dust. it's really just nihilism.

So the Russians are leaking directly to US/UK news media?

---> Conspiracy Theories is that way

They've been at it for decades.

"An article charging AIDS was the product of U.S. germ warfare experiments first surfaced in the Soviet newspaper Literary Gazette in 1985 and claimed the AIDS virus was created at a supersecret Army research laboratory in Fort Detrick, Maryland. The only source cited was the Patriot, a leftist Indian newspaper that, U.S. experts charged, was a favored conduit of the KGB for its disinformation campaigns."

It's a simple but very effective premise. Push the story in a small, relatively unknown publication where it gets picked up by larger publications (tabloids mostly) who's fact checking goes no further than "this publication is the source".

We see it on social media, it's much easier now. I could create a legit looking news site in a day, get a few people on board and start posting bullshit articles then the usual outrage merchants will pick it up and run with it.

Some of the lads here still itching for an invasion, struggling to come to terms how wrong they've called it!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,891 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Ukraine has a large corruption issue, no one is under any illusion, this is well known about. Like Russia, it's highly corrupt, and while many Western-centric neighbours have flourished it's economy has stagnated. The Ukrainians aren't oblivious to this, they literally had an uprising to get rid of their kleptocratic leader, unfortunately he was propped by Moscow, and Putin has been relentlessly punishing the country ever since.

Of course at the time, all the foaming-at-the-mouth anti-Western types blamed it all on Ukraine/the West, the uprising was an inside job, the Ukrainians were Neo-Nazi's, Putin was the victim, etc.

Nothing has changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭XsApollo

look Russia is wrong everybody knows their wrong , Ukraine is being used as a tool to beat Russia by the US, trying to fast track Nato membership and whatever else that should also be acknowledged.

yes Ukraine is free to do what it likes,

most people know it will piss Russia off,

now Russia has moved in to parts already and is threatening further invasion and everybody that has been pressing for Ukraine to be in NATO and the Eu and knowing the consequences of these actions RE Russia have abandoned them basically, evacuating embassies, any troops that were there , pretty much saying there will be no troops on the ground in Ukraine and they will basically have to fend for themselves.

the west encourages Ukraine to join and then abandons them when the repercussions arrive.

the same **** is happening with Taiwan, if the west gave a sh*t about that country then the would be a member of UN , and every other organisation there is and acknowledged politically by the countries that very much press for it without actually doing anything.

defacto embassy’s in most countries without actually calling them Taiwan embassy’s because they don’t want to upset the Chinese.

politicians apologising for even mentioning Taiwan.

Taiwan and Ukraine should be free,

The west encourages it and even helps enable them with weapons , but when push comes to shove the west run and leave the country face what Its facing now.

As has been pointed out US soldiers can't be shooting at Russian soldiers - that's a world war

Countries can help Ukraine with logistics or supplies or whatever, but they can't have any fighting forces there if Russia were to invade. Same goes with Taiwan.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,389 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

An election where there's only one candidate or the main opposition are barred from running is not an election

An election where anyone who tries to oppose you suddenly disappears is not an election

An election where the votes are not counted correctly is not an election

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

i was itchin for a fight, had the popcorn on the ready😕 kinda disappointed they were calling wolf all along

• Advertisement

Apparently asking posters to provide evidence when making allegations is unacceptable in the eyes of this poster!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭Harryd225

It was the CIA who told the media about the 1am invasion that was meant to happen last night, you know the same nameless faceless anonymous officials who told us the invasion was imminent and that Russia is currently planning a false flag attack against their own people as a pretext for the invasion.

Most of the fear being created over the Russian troops on the border situation is coming from anonymous officials in the CIA who cannot provide any evidence for security reasons, it seems obvious to me they are doing exactly as they have been doing for the last 20 years, telling the media what they want people to hear on the news in the morning.

@XsApollo look Russia is wrong everybody knows their wrong , Ukraine is being used as a tool to beat Russia by the US, trying to fast track Nato membership and whatever else that should also be acknowledged..

According to a few on here Russia is right to invade ukraine , Russia has the right to control Ukraine directly from the Kremlin,

There is no fast tracking Ukraine to join nato ,no discussion on it all , ukraine said in 1991 they wanted to join the EU and NATO here we are in 2022 and still haven't applied to join the EU ,they are due to apply for EU membership in 2024 so at least another 2 years and a whole 33 years after initially says they wanted to join the EU ,

And still haven't formally join Nato despite saying it 30+ years ago ,

So No Fast Tracking Ukraine into Nato .

So your saying what happening with Taiwan is bs but yet long standing agreements are in play with China and the US ,

But if the US said they would like Taiwan to join the UN , several countries would Veto ,mainly China and Russia in imagine that but then again if you had any real interest in Taiwan you would already know this ,

The same reason apply to how come Taiwan are not called Taiwan for the likes of the Olympics or other global events..

It's not because American it's purely china and Russia .

"The west encourages it and even helps enable them with weapons , but when push comes to shove the west run and leave the country face what Its facing now".

But they haven't run anywhere ,they are still supporting Ukraine they said they won't put boots on the ground , but if they did people on here would be crying illegal occupation no surprises there..

Most people just want to come on for anti American rants all while Denying Russia is doing nothing wrong...

Maybe you could explain the Genocide of russians in Ukraine Putin and others on here bring up ..

I don’t need that pointed out as we know that already, no amount of logistics , supplies and whatever will stop Russia taking that country if it so wishes.

Taiwan knows their are limits or certain ways of expressing itself as not to piss China off ( righty or wrongly)

so why encourage Ukraine to press ahead and arm them and whatever else knowing what the consequences are.

never ends well for the smaller country involved.

surely a less antagonistic way of enabling Taiwan and Ukraine is better than encouraging and arming at the behest of their neighbour , who gets pissed off ( rightly or wrongly) now they invade and the west runs.

Right or wrong , the country is up **** creek now.

and I fear Taiwan will go down the same road as soon as China sees fit.

In terms of Ukrainian EU membership, this shouldn't and hopefully wont happen. The Dutch already rejected it in an advisory referendum, the Ukraine–European Union Association Agreement. Although the Dutch government went to work on that referendum fairly quick to work around it.

The EU needs to stop it's eastwards expansion into Turkey as well. Again something supported by all Irish political parties and most mainstream EU parties.

One of the few good things Merkel ever did was her stance against Turkish entry. The British government could also stop their sh*t-stirring about Turkish entry into the EU, something they seem to be pushing more and more now that they have left and won't face any of the consequences of massive expansion into the middle east.

I am not interested in what a few on here say or do.

The US has pushed for fast tracking Ukraine into nato before, you know this.

what are you on about Taiwan and China in the UN?

taiwan was a founding member of that council and was subsequently removed by the council to appease China.

yes it’s purely China that wants what it wants in regards Taiwan.

why are democratic countries abiding by the one China principle on one hand and then encouraging on the other.

You see the part where I said rightly or wrongly in regards Ukraine?

ukraine is where it is rightly or wrongly , but it is where it is and the US has stated that it will not be putting boots on the ground.

So they are on their own.

All papers and media sources attributed the Wednesday morning invasion as being from US and UK intelligence sources. Unless you believe Russians are posing as US military to leak false stories to media to make them look stupid? Thats quite a jump, one with no evidence to back it up also.

Meanwhile both Russia and Ukraine and most of Europe have been downplaying the risk of invasion.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,511 ✭✭✭brickster69

“The earth is littered with the ruins of empires that believed they were eternal.”

- Camille Paglia

Do I think that Putin is going in? Of course not, but if I were a world leader it would be absurd to downplay this situation, it would only look weak and validate the aggressor, as well as hand them an advantage. This happened in 2014, no one warned that Russia would swoop in and annex territory, likewise no one properly preempted that Russia would invade S.E. Ukraine (by proxy). Lessons have been learnt.

It's important to preempt any attempts at subterfuge, false flags, incursions, etc. It prepares everyone for that eventuality, and if it does occur it removes any element of speed/surprise, which as we saw in 2014, was extremely powerful. Any intelligence on plans, whether they are intended to be carried out or not, must be treated as serious. Moscow engages heavily in hybrid warfare, propaganda and an information war. Other countries are forced to counter this. If a blind eye is turned, bad stuff can and will happen.

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement