Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia - threadbanned users in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭Harryd225

What kind of rubbish is this? Numerous posters on here seem to just be making up crap that no one believes in an attempt to deflect from the valid points that are being made.

There has been war in Donbas for several years, no one is denying that. If anyone tries to deny that I will happily call them a moron. Ukraine have been downplaying the recent American intelligence of imminent full scale invasions and all the other crap, they have not been downplaying the situation in Donbas that has existed for several years. Nobody has.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Derkaiser93

But Ukraine, who's statements you take as gospel have also just said Russian secret service is behind these attacks to provoke a war. They also just said there's over 150k Russian soldiers on their border. You're tying yourself in knots.

You called Pro Russian seperatiists, backed and armed by the kremlin ,Ukranian citizens in a spin move. Yet when Russia invades Donbas you'll say they're bringing peace to pro Russian areas. So basically you trust the Ukranians word over anyone when it suits but when they say the Russians are orchestrating this you don't believe believe? Ukranians are attacking Ukranians even though the Ukranians are denying it, and then the Russians will go in and bomb East Ukraine to protect the ukranians from themselves... Great story.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,892 ✭✭✭✭listermint

You are being hilariously selective.

Do you not see the irony in your supposed aha! Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,282 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

I hope you are right. But what matters is whether it secures Putins grasp on power and the wealth that brings him and his cronies. Russias general economic health can dip or slow secondary to that.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Derkaiser93

Russia are trying to provoke Ukraine to attack them and today's events were false flags. A Russian incursion into Donbas is an INVASION OF UKRAINE. even if it is only limited to that region, although it may be larger. Just as the annexation of Crimea was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,947 ✭✭✭circadian

Aye dead on. Some craic so ye are. Goin on about "appointed authority" wise up and wind yer neck in. Confused me hole. Ye do what yer "muckers" tell ye tae say coz yer ascared of them. Amount of shite comin outta year bake, I'm scunnered for ye.

Catch yerself on, addressed shite so ye have. Saunter on hi.

The Americans have been claiming Russia is planning on invading the whole of Ukraine including the capital Kyiv, the Ukrainians have said this is very very unlikely to happen, this is how the USA is exaggerating and stirring up the conflict, I've always said an invasion of Donbas is a realistic possibility.

Do you have a source for the Ukrainian intelligence claim? I'm not saying it's not true I'd just be interested in reading it, I had a quick look and couldn't find anything. I found some recent reports from Ukraine intelligence saying "The Russian military contingent near the Ukrainian border is insufficient to carry out a successful large-scale armed aggression against Ukraine," the report said Instead, Ukrainian intelligence believes that Russia has focused its efforts on "destabilizing Ukraine's internal situation" using punitive economic and energy-related tactics, as well as cyberattacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,969 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Usual false equivalence stuff from you Harry.

Ukraine can downplay western sourced intelligence to avoid a panic, but still believe it absolutely and act on it completely.

And they are doing. Military reserve training and upskilling on the western provided hardware continues apace, as well as civil defence drills throughout the Country. Also, the head of their counter-cyber organisation gave TV interviews last night reporting a clear pattern of attempted attacks leading up to what looks like a critical mass point.

This tallies with the amateurish false-flags and propaganda nonsense emanating from Donbas being carried out by Russian backed stooges.

Don't think for one second that the Ukrainian Govt are not preparing for a potential all-out attack by Russia as if it weren't very real and very imminent.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Shao Kahn

Why would Putin commit to a large scale invasion?

Some of you guys are so wrapped up in the sensationalist news stories, that you haven't even taken the time to engage your own brains on this. That is of course, assuming any of you even have the critical faculties to pull that feat off.

Putin is achieving largely what he wants / needs without bringing large scale troops across the border. The Ukrainians have been suggesting as much, and cautioning against the dangerous American rhetoric. Which is potentially doing huge damage to their country.

They have their foot on Ukraine's throat, and they can pretty much keep it there indefinitely until they get some concessions out of the west.

America seems to want and need the entire tinderbox to be set on fire, so they can convince the Germans to abandon the pipeline. And other objectives too. I would be surprised if Putin falls for this strategy. It's far too obvious, and the propaganda is not having the effect that they thought it would. (apart from with a few naive people on forums like this one)

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives, and it puts itself into our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday." (John Wayne)

The US has always warned of the “very distinct possibility” of a Russian invasion of the whole of Ukraine, just last week Biden claimed a Russian invasion is likely to happen in the next few days, potentially involving an overwhelming attack on Kyiv, and told all remaining Americans to leave the country in the next 48 hours.

They are stirring up the conflict for their own gain, Ukraine doesn't believe a full scale attack against Ukraine is a realistic possibility. They have always said this is extremely unlikely, it's almost as if the USA want things to escalate so that they have justification for introducing sanctions against Russia. The Ukrainian president speculated on the reasons the USA might be stirring up the conflict, the president of Ukraine said it may have something to do with Nordstream, the pipeline between Germany and Russia as many gas producers in the USA are in direct competition with Russian producers. Although he stressed this was just speculation and he was unaware of the real reasons he was doing it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭MFPM

Joe Biden, due to have a press conference to tell us what he told us last week and week before, invasion is 'imminent', 'highly likely' etc, etc. He plucked Kamala Harris from relative obscurity too to send her to Munich, in fairness her poll ratings are lower than JB so good move to get her in on the act and try give her a boost.

Ok so let me just get this straight so I can understand you all better, some people here believe that an invasion of Donbas is possible but disagree with the US narrative that they are planning an all out invasion against Ukraine like what Biden said just a few days ago would include an overwhelming attack against Kyiv the capital. Can one of you please explain to me so I know exactly where people are coming from?

When the USA said a full scale invasion is imminent, Ukraine have always said a full scale invasion is very very unlikely

What gain is that. Biden wanted to normalise all international relations after the last **** show.. But your bro and I say that with a smile because you defend murderous dictators who cling to power for decades. Doesn't want normality. He wants a weaker Europe.

Biden no more wants a conflict in Ukraine than a hole in the head.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭MFPM

Sky News 'Security and Defence Editor' Deborah Haynes...'this is what we've been told by Western officials to look out for'...not an ounce of interrogation, not a single question raised...this isn't journalism, this is propaganda..

You go on a whole spiel which really just amounts to weasel words about the difference between a "large scale" invasion and an invasion. Nothing to see here no sirree.

Where did my post mention a full scale invasion?

Where does the Ukranian president say there is no chance of a invasion by Russia which has already invaded Ukranian territory?

It is Russia which has set this tinderbox up. Any explosion will be triggered by them. And all culpability.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭shillyshilly

Give Russia 1 a go, a lot worse being said on there.

I guess you should know propaganda seeing as your posts are pretty obvious conduits for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Snooker Loopy

Russians look to have blown up a major gas pipeline now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,947 ✭✭✭circadian

Stop watching sky news. I know I made sure of it when they immediately started suggesting that the Irish were behind 7/11 when that happened.

There are plenty of factual, reputable sources of news out there.

OK so we are all in agreement then that the US narrative of a full scale invasion is a load of crap? The USA has always said that the imminent invasion meant a full scale invasion of Ukraine. Biden said just last week that we would likely see a full scale invasion of Ukraine in the next few days that would include an overwhelming attack against Kyiv the capital.

Finally we are getting somewhere on this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,571 ✭✭✭✭Sand

The current Ukraine crisis is just the latest episode in what is really the long running Nordstream 2 crisis. Various hawkish factions in the US, backed up by factions in NATO (i.e. Poland and the Baltic states) are obsessed with preventing Russia selling gas directly to Germany. Some of the motivation is financial (no middleman fees for EE, no sales of LNG for US producers) and some of the motivation is Russophobia. It has to be remembered too that the Biden family has a lot of personal investment in Ukraine too.

The whole Navalny "assassination" was an earlier attempt to browbeat the Germans into cancelling the project. Of all the countries in the world, Navalny was sent to Germany to ensure a reaction (i.e. cancel NS2) to that "assassination" was a front and centre issue for Germany.

The problem for those manufacturing these "crises" to manipulate Germany, is the Germans - however browbeaten and down at heel they are naturally - realise easy access to cheap Russian gas is an existential requirement for Germany in the light of the extremely dumb plan to cancel nuclear power. If NS2 is cancelled, Germany ceases to be an industrial power. This is why the Scholz-Biden press conference was so entertaining - Biden literally treated Scholz as a vassal state - setting German policy on NS2 as the US overlord - whilst Scholz desperately attempted to disagree whilst not being seen to disagree with his liege lord.

The US is really reluctant to sanction Germany, but don't be amazed if it does just that when the Ukrainian war scare fails to motivate Germany to cancel NS2. There are factions in the US and NATO which are that irrationally hostile to NS2 that they would risk a sanctions war with Germany, and by extension the EU.

The thing is though - while factions might enter a conflict with certain motivations, things can rapidly go out of their control or aims as other factions react and take advantage. The assassins of Archduke Ferdinand were hardly motivated by dreams of a global conflict afterall, but they set the stage for others to act. Hardliners in the US and NATO might be motivated by a dream of making NS2 untenable, but by ratcheting up tensions and rhetoric they could be setting the stage for other factions to take control.

No not at all. Those are the shapes Russia are throwing.

Whether it comes to pass or is a shape they are throwing as a prelude to an incursion is Russian tactics.

The US arent inventing a threat. The response of Ukraine and NATO is a factor in what Russia thinks it can get away with.

It's a possibility, the Ukrainian president himself speculated in an interview that this was why the USA was exaggerating and stirring up the situation in Ukraine.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

@sand that's some waffle

Its like the cobble together of gobbledy gook.

Posters who used to be legit falling down the social media rabbit hole. Reminds me of a few medium profile loopy loopers on Irish Twitter. People that were for all intent and purpose normal 5 years ago. Down a trump, covid and now Russia rabbit hole. Soon to be followed up by climate agenda.

Genuine bang of adhd off it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Snooker Loopy

The road paved by Gemma O'Doherty has had many people follow her down it.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭BurgerFace

I thought false flags were the stuff of conspiracy theories.

• Advertisement

What are you even talking about, you just said in your previous post to another poster "when did I mention a full scale invasion" implying you don't believe it.

Please clear this up for me, so you and a few others in this thread believe an invasion of Donbas is very possible, but disbelieve the western narrative about a full scale invasion that Biden said just a few days ago would include an overwhelming attack against Kyiv the capital.

Are we all in agreement that the Western narrative is rubbish?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement