Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia - threadbanned users in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Snooker Loopy

This will be the annexation of the DNR/LNR, which was nominally a Communist motion in the fake parliament.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,571 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Whose Gemma O'Doherty? Honest question. I see certain types quote her a lot but I they seem to be Twitter types.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,892 ✭✭✭✭listermint

I've at least three high profile examples of it. Former journalists. Non Gemma and others who used to be relatively sane.

Something snapped in them now they're on a mission. It has definite symptoms of a condition off of it. There's no other explanation.

Right, they're lunatics and you believe in a contagious mind virus. Maybe you have a lot in common?

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Enter name here

Watching the senile old man reading from a teleprompter, the world is truly fucked. Putin must be sitting back laughing his arse off at the state of america currently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,282 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

I didnt mention a full scale invasion in the post.

But seeing as you asked me I answered.

Nowhere did I say the Western narrative was rubbish. Its calling out Russia as it quacks like a duck. Of course that may be a feint. But so might the Western response to it to deter it.

If you want to talk about a rubbish narrative look at the propaganda lies coming out of the Kremlin and their stooges in Donbas.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭Harryd225

Has the Ukrainian president also been influenced by Gemma O'Doherty? He also made the exact same speculations as the poster you're referring to.

Doubt it. As pointed out again and again, the DNR/LNR serves Russian interests far better as a controlling factor in Ukrainian politics. For people who have a fantasy about an evil Russian empire, you're not half enough cynical.

If the DNR/LNR is ever annexed to Russia, it will be when Russia has given up on influencing Ukraine as a whole.

It's also worth noting that domestic Russian politics is full of lunatics whose only purpose is to make the ruling regime look statesmanslike by comparison. There are Russian "domestic" politicians like Zhirinovsky who called for nuclear waste to be dumped in the Baltic states and Alaska to be reconquered from the US so Ukrainians could be deported there. Again if you're cynical enough, you realise these guys are only tolerated by the ruling regime in Russia so they make the regime look sane. The end result is you cant read anything a domestic Russian politician says as being indicative of what the ruling regime thinks.

Very vague answers to a simple question, do you think Russia is going to invade Kyiv the capital or not? The Ukrainians have always said it's very very unlikely although Biden said just last week it will likely happen in the next few days.

Contagious mind virus?

Let me look back over my posts.

Nope,

Wait

Just checked again there.

Nope.

Definitely didn't say that at all, anywhere.

You wouldn't be one for the oul hyperbole and obfuscation would ya.... Nawww... Not you...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭BurgerFace

Ukraine has been occupied by the Russians all that time?

What is your agenda with these weasel words?

An attempt to destabilise Ukraine with such an attack is within the capability of the forces Russia has amassed threatening Ukraine.

The US in warning of this attempts to deter it. It may be a feint by Russia but it is not a US invention. It is part of the Russian campaign v an independent Ukraine

Any invasion of Ukraine is completely wrong and in violation of treaties Russia signed and unjustifiable. Agreed?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Yes I agree completely, apart from a couple of points, Ukraine intelligence said just a few days ago that "The Russian military contingent near the Ukrainian border is insufficient to carry out a successful large-scale armed aggression against Ukraine," the USA invented a narrative of a full scale invasion against Ukraine, they didn't invent the narrative of an incursion into Donbas.

I'm glad now we have finally gotten somewhere on this thread, American propaganda is getting weaker by the day. People on this thread now agree with the Ukrainian government that a full scale invasion of Ukraine is very very unlikely.

Biden claimed just last week there would likely be a full scale invasion against Ukraine in the next few days which would include an overwhelming attack against Kyiv the capital.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,969 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Nope.

You're in agreement with your own contrarian head. Nothing more.

Maybe grab a Ryanair flight to Kiev (you still can) and have a go an convincing the locals of your theories. See how far it gets you.

I would have no problem doing so, they already believe it. Ukraine have always claimed an invasion of Kiev is very very unlikely.

Okay, well then you might have to come to grips with the reality that people other than yourself might interpret a complex situation - which none of us have control over - differently than you do yourself. I'm perfectly comfortable with you being wrong. I still believe in the existence of non-malicious uninformed people. It's very telling that the copes from you and others are to do with social media manipulation (I honestly do not have a twitter or any other sort of SM account) and trolls/bots/government agents.

Lets face it - the Russian invasion was supposed to have started Wednesday. Is there any rational thought process going on in there that maybe things are not what the TV told you?

At this point it is like an end-of-the-world cult which predicted the world would end yesterday. You and other true believers are now left with the bitter hardship of trying to figure out what to do tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,817 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

From TV coverage I’ve seen they seem of the opinion they hope it doesn’t happen but are prepared should it come to pass.

Lol.

Putin was caught with his pants down. The whole thing made public so he had to revise and rethink. He's obviously decided to go ahead anyway.

Quite telling the two. Videos. We're recorded on Wednesday isn't it. Don't you think.

• Advertisement

You are more upset by what you see as American propaganda than Russias actions versus Ukraine in violation of treaty and international law?

The US have said they have the capability for a strike on Kiev. They do. How successful it is is a factor of Ukranian response and the logistics support they receive from NATO. Do you expect the Ukranians to say we couldnt stop a strike and it would easily succeed? Wouldnt that just encourage one? Or like Biden says they will pay a heavy price? And would not be successful as the Ukranians say?

Lots of military offensives fail and yet those who launch them must have thought they could succeed or fulfil some political end.

No propaganda explanation needed.

I think you need to recalibrate your moral compass, or like Russia have you dispensed with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,264 ✭✭✭Cody montana

So many posts in this thread are going to age badly.

Just today Ukraine's top security official Oleksiy Danilov said a full scale Russian invasion of Ukraine was very unlikely.

While at the same time today Biden said he is “convinced” that Russia’s Putin has made a decision to invade the whole of Ukraine.

Asked how he had come to that conclusion, Biden told reporters: “We have a significant intelligence capability”.

I'm not like other people I don't blame Biden for this, he's just a senile old man just like Bush who is being told what to say by the intelligence people.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭MFPM

Pot, kettle and black springs to mind reading that response, at least you didn't dispute my point!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭MFPM

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭DontHitTheDitch

Do you feel used or are you just a willing dupe?

Okay, so that is the cope now? The evil empire was simultaneously intimidated by the brave defenders of middle earth and will still invade the shire?

I know you think you're being realistic but you are not. Putin can be an evil scumbag - and likely he is - and still have little to no interest in invading Ukraine. It gains him nothing he does not already have. He has his Black Sea naval base. He has his frozen conflict with Ukraine. He has his veto on Ukrainian membership of NATO. If you were Putin why would you further invade Ukraine?

Stop - think above the level of because Putin is evil, or because all clay belongs to Mother Russia.

LOL - do you get paid for this or do you just enjoy the taste?

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭DontHitTheDitch

I’ve always wondered about people who really, really fall for it though, do they know or does it make them feel superior to be a dupe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

forget about the impending invasion more importantly how do you pronounce Kiev

is it key'av or keev ? 😶

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement