Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia - threadbanned users in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,088 ✭✭✭threeball

With all the people Covid killed its a disaster that it didn't take this cnut. There could at least have been one upside.

I said back on the first week of the war that the west need to support Ukraine properly and put this lad back in his box or he would be emboldened and take the fight elsewhere. Cue all the hand wringing about nukes and other waffle. But the fact is, the longer this is left continue the closer we come to a head to head conflict of nuclear armed states and then we do have an issue.

It's been 4months now. No excuses left. Send your best equipment and grind these fcukers into the ukranian dirt with a show of force that let's them know, never to raise their murdering, thieving, raping, paedophilic heads again.

Great, the mask has completely slipped. Has anybody asked Daly and Wallace their opinions? They'd be the first to run the Russian flag up in government buildings.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭shivaz

The latest info

Kadiivka (Stakhanov): destroyed base of operations for 🇷🇺 Wagner group and Rosgvrdia [link]

Kherson Oblast: Bombing of 🇷🇺 positions, 2 generals killed – one military, one FSB, organizing referendum. Bombing of 3 🇷🇺 ammo/fuel warehouses, detonations for several hours. Chkalove: Confirmed kill of Arabic (possibly 🇸🇾Syrian) mercenaries fighting for 🇷🇺, over 200 killed [link] Partisans destroyed UAZ vehicle with 🇷🇺 colonel and 3 solders. BM-21 Grad “broke down”, before reaching attack position

Sievierodonetsk: 🇷🇺 has reinforced only artillery, trying to focus on capturing Siversk, to block Lysychansk, as well as get to Sloviansk. In many places situation is changing fast, often recaptures, but small distances. Recon unit of 🇷🇺 Akhmat regiment destroyed completely. Most 🇺🇦 attacks with 155mm artillery, need twice as much, to be really effective. Due to artillery working well, no significant 🇷🇺 movements. There is a lot of conflicting information, any news about recapture shouldn’t be celebrated, because situation is changing a lot. Tactical progress should be evaluated with minimum period of 2-3 days, Operational progress within 20-30 days

🇺🇦 is losing 100 solders every day, this has been constant since beginning of war. 🇷🇺 losses were 1000s/day in first 20-30 days, right now in order of 200-300/day. Today was exceptionally good 🇺🇦 artillery work, about 600 killed 🇷🇺. Losses are expected to continue 1:3 to 1:6 in favor of 🇺🇦, but it’s still large losses

https://wartranslated.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 13,800 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Communist Russia Invaded many countries, for decade was brutally repressing cultures, committing genocide, Killing tens of millions, deporting entire nations.

Very very few on the left gave a shi7 at any stage.

Russia was the mother ship in the battle against capitalism and the West. Didn't matter that it was the most murderous society in existence.

That sentiment is still there for too many.

Unfortunately the losses are not going to favour Ukraine. An advisor to Zelensky said Ukraine is having 200 dead and 800 injured soldiers a day, 1k out of commission. 30k a month.

Russia is not losing 100k to 180k a month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭shivaz

Severodonetsk is responsible for these high numbers.The battle probably won't rage for a month but if it does continue with high numbers then Russia will have losses of up to 90k because of the 3/1 ratio+cannon fodder tactics.6/1 ratio is not a monthly estimate so 180k is fantasy

There are questions at the moment about even that loss for the Russians as they are pounding areas from far.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,040 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

That pair should be run out of this country when they dare come back. Let them feck off and live in Moscow for the rest of their miserable lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,708 ✭✭✭✭briany

Clare Daly and Mick Wallace are a complete irrelevance to this whole mess at the end of the day. A couple of wingnuts in the EP. There's no reason to rush to hear their opinion of Putin's words when you could be asking what Marine Le Pen and her ilk think because it's her and her kind who are knocking on the door of political power in Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,339 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Have been saying this.

People under the illusion Ukraine weren’t loosing many at the beginning.

They have taken huge losses all throughout and I’d fear they will run out of properly trained experienced personnel soon.

The weapons been supplied won’t be enough for Ukraine.

• Advertisement

Why bother with them, Putin has Scholz, he had Merkel in his pocket.

Quite a few countries and leaders in positions of power.

He isn't too concerned if Le Pen makes it in 10 years or not.

What is your assessment as to what Ukraine should do based on your diagnosis of the respective military’s?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,339 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

They need long range artillery like what Russia are pounding them with.

And proper air defence missiles.

Goals have been defined – to win 🇷🇺 army within 🇺🇦 territory. The military assistance received is weird, does not match goals. Why it comes in such small amounts? 6000 anti-tank missiles are great, but they can’t do anything against long-range missiles. If 🇺🇦 had 3x as much artillery as now (which is not unrealistic to supply), 🇺🇦 would solve all 🇷🇺 attacks. All targets are known.

From above link.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,743 ✭✭✭zv2

The head of UA intelligence said Putnut is sick and I tend to believe him. He would hardly, in his position, descend to tabloid nonsense. He also said it is his job to know these things. Putnut could be propped up with drugs for public appearances and if that's the case his demise will be sudden.

I read recently artillery guns burn out and at the rate the Russians are using them they might start having problems soon with replacements.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” — Voltaire

• Registered Users Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Just wondering in regards to Russia are they releasing videos etc of attacks on Ukrainian positions and aircraft etc. Just with it on this thread we see tons of the Ukrainian attacks on armour and aircraft and soldiers etc.

Agreed. I think they have some of the long range with more incoming (pun not intended). I suspect(hope) Ukraine are painting a bleaker picture than actual so western powers don’t slacken and provide what is needed to win the war and keep troop losses to the minimum.

More are they releasing videos etc of them taking out Ukrainian military just all the videos etc. I see is opposite way round. Is it just Ukraine is more better in this regards to video propaganda and Russia aren't

• Registered Users Posts: 3,743 ✭✭✭zv2

Russia are cannibalizing parts for their stolen planes and the planes are now no longer legally safe or useable by the west

Post edited by zv2 on

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” — Voltaire

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭rogber

And I thought the Russians would take the country relatively easily while killing countless thousands. Thankfully I was wrong about the former, unfortunately not about the latter.

But I think most of us don't view this thread as a "competition" of right and wrong predictions and we're all ultimately on the same side

This thread, for understandable reasons, posts lots of videos of Ukrainian military successes and very few of Russian activity unless it's war crimes. I suspect the Russians have similar videos out there of military "success" for those who seek them

• Advertisement

Thats probably because russias success usually consists of sending missiles and pounding villages and cities with long range artillery

• Registered Users Posts: 19,395 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

The Golden Horde? I didn't know they were big in Russia. Great tune below though

No i understand its more Ukrainian videos and that's understanding. I am all pro Ukraine here. It's just to see a more balanced approach to this here. I just think when people see all the videos here of Ukrainian damage and success on Russia people can't understand how Russia are still in the game as it seems to be all the losses are on the Russian end.

I agree. We all understand emotionally why the articles and footage posted here mainly emphasise the positives for Ukraine, but there is of course another side and it's not pure Russian propaganda. This guardian article sums it up very well and offers a more balanced picture of the horrendous losses on the Ukrainian side too and morale and ammunition problems and I don't think it's wise to ignore it:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

Hope the senseless killing of Ukrainians and Russians ends soon with peace talks. There is an unverified government document circulating now that Ukraine military wants women to replenish their ranks. On pro Russian telegram but shocking if true.

Unfortunately the Russians government still might try to link up to Transnistria before going to table with the upper hand they seem to have. That would be the extent of it I would guess as holding onto non Russian speaking majority areas the more east you go is just going to be savage in medium to long term.

The US elections in November might be a key pivot point for ongoing foreign support. The whole situation is grim.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭fly_agaric

Don't think he looks too good at all in these videos + appearances, but he is pushing 70 now (?)

Even if he's in poor health, I'm sure he gets the best of care and attention + some of us posting here who are alot younger may be pushing up daisies before him!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭JoChervil

This TV appearances only prove that Russia is losing. The more one loses, the more grandiose speeches one gives. And all his puppets jump the wagon at once to claim victory. They would like to enchant the future outcome with it...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,506 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Yes, if anything, the tone on Solovyov and Skabayeva's shows has become increasingly hysterical in the last eight weeks. A definite hint that all is not well within the regime.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,708 ✭✭✭✭briany

What if the only kind of peace Putin is interested in is a Roman one? You can't negotiate towards that at a table. By definition, it has to happen on the battlefield.

Even if Russia were to sit down to peace talks, their conditions would be all of Donbas, keeping Crimea, demilitarisation of Ukraine, Zelenskyy gone and handed over, the southern coast to Transnistria (including Odesa) and full reparations toward the Russian government for their military losses. Total subjugation and surrender. Nothing less. In Europe, in the 21st century, by a power who has signalled they want more. Let's all sleep easy on that thought. I suppose it's grand for us, just so long as it doesn't come to our own doorstep.

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement