Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia - threadbanned users in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭shivaz

The war is turning modern in favour of Ukraine.Ukraine will need less ammo to take out targets which makes logistics easier.

The PZH 2000 is supposed to enter the battle next monday,unless scholz does another uturn.

Regarding the change of tone,Zelensky is walking a thin line and he is doing it very well.He was born to do this but he didn't know it nor did anyone.

Too much winning from Ukraine and we get Macron and Scholz worried and too much losing is bad for morale.There are many aspects to war and I think Ukraine are playing a great game with the hand of cards that they have and we have seen Russia can only play snap.

I like this little cartoon

• Registered Users Posts: 3,743 ✭✭✭zv2

Most likely the key to start them is made in Switzerland and they won't release them.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” — Voltaire

• Registered Users Posts: 11,038 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

I'd like to say the Swiss should hang their heads in shame, but we aren't much better if at all.

There are 5 coming from the Netherlands and 7 from Germany so there will be a least 5 next week and these will do a lot of damage to Russian artillery

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,743 ✭✭✭zv2

If they get a lot of ammo + long range rockets it will not be necessary to defeat the Russians comprehensively. A few more thousand casualties and they will cave in.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” — Voltaire

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭victor8600

I would guess most of these fires are inside jobs, started to cover up for the loss of equipment or material that was stolen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

Wait till you see, the German one will have some mystery ailment that won't allow it to work.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,439 ✭✭✭jmreire

Another Maguire & Patterson job so.... Good, the more the merrier, and if it was winter, there would be lots more..... 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Addmagnet

... unless scholz does another uturn.

I hope Germany have hooked him up to their power grid, so they get free energy from him as he spins!

• Advertisement

I think there is an awful lot of nonsense being spouted over the last couple of pages.

Obviously Putin is evil and should be in The Hague. This constant France and Germany bashing is getting a bit old. The Kyiv independent for example(which is often posted on here) had a tweet the last day about Germany increasing imports from Russia by however many hundreds of millions this year. No context was given. The comments all lapped it up. In reality Germany has decreased its imports from Russia considerably it was inflation that pushed the figure up. Just one example.

To macrons comment about not humiliating Russia, IMO Russia deserve all they get. Perhaps Macron meant in the context of how Germany was treated after ww1 with the treaty of Versailles.

And talk of Eastern Europe taking over from Western Europe is just nonsense. All those Eastern countries in the EU are getting richer and more advanced every year because of western eu taxpayers. They get more than what they pay in. Poland the biggest country in East bloc has gay free zones, cracked down on press freedoms, removed independent judges and filled with government stooges. Hungary similar. They have a lot more in common with Putins government than the west do so please spare us the nonsense takes.

I also think Zelensky is an incredible mouthpiece. There is such a thing as saying too much , your words lose weight and I mean that in the context to how he is always complaining about the west and demanded this and that. Never thankful for what he has gotten. At what point do the western nations of Europe who constantly get criticised ,get fed up with it? They’ve already f up their economies in support of Ukraine, welcomed Ukrainians refugees , sent weapons etc. They should send more weapons without question but this constant b I tching is wearing thin.

Zelensky demanding to join the EU is another absolutely ridiculous take. Their country is at war, we don’t know what will happen. A Russian puppet regime could be in power next year, they could destroy the EU from within. It would be Poland and Hungary on steroids. It’s utterly dumb to support them joining while a war goes on. Their citizens already have unlimited access to the EU for at least the next 3 years. Not too mention the cost, a poor war ravaged country with 40m plus people joining the EU giving the current economic circumstances is just la la land stuff. I wonder does he still stand by his tweet supporting Israel for levelling Gaza now Russia is doing the same to his country. He’s an absolute dose. And no I’m not a Russia bot as I will be accused of for dare criticising Zelensky. I think Putin should be hung.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭seenitall

Absolutely heartbreaking. They are just numbers on the screen to us, but these 100 or 200 dead soldiers IN A DAY, they are someone’s sons, brothers, husbands, fathers. Most of them healthy and handsome young men that will now never get to come home because one murderous lunatic needed to be appeased in exchange for gas and oil.

My heart already broke for all the raped and murdered, poor innocent little children, but this will mean the destruction of the very fabric of the Ukranian society. Women will again (as in any war) be left behind alone, widows and mothers, and generations of young women who will now have no one to marry or have a family with. At least it will mean good business for the Western mail-order bride and surrogacy industries. 🙄

Just devastating. They seem to be an incredibly resilient nation, though, so I hope they prevail over the orcs, heal and rebuild in the end. But to say it will take a long, long time would be a spectacular understatement.

Slava Ukraini, heroima slava.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,879 ✭✭✭✭josip

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,586 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

There is one side making continuous gains and it sure ain't Ukraine.

This isn't even true, given the Ukrainians are making gains near Kherson. However, the idea that they will lose Odessa when at current rate of advance it would take Russia about 60 years of non-stop war to reach it seems to rather fly in the face of reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Field east

There is one piece of the ‘jigsaw’ that you have not considered and is as follows:- given the impact that The Russian invasion has/ is having on world order re scarcity , price increases, uphevel of lives , impact on production, refugees, , national security and Putins/ Rushians intention to confiscate ‘MORE LAND ‘ on a continuous basis , AREYOU not concerned about this is going to pan out in the future. And this is only a small war Ie trying to take over a little bit of a neighbour

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

RUSSIA

Best before.24:02:2022.

continued use after best before date may cause delusion and denial.

Please throw away product 8 months after bb date.

Were you in a coma for the last few months?

Continuous gains? - they have been at a snails pace since the first week almost. Had to revise their plans numerous times.

Odessa? - not a chance. They are losing ground in that region.

Kherson? - see above.

Russia may finish this war with some extra land. But they will be a much poorer country, isolated and cut off from the western ideals they hate so much, but which also keep them afloat.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,088 ✭✭✭threeball

You're back with your ravings again. Who were they going to negociate with exactly? You've proven you know less than zero about how the wind is blowing either side of the Atlantic so I'd give up now if I were you. Go back to masterminding Donnies political career. Hows he getting on in The White House btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

? Dnipro and Odessa are under very little threat and if Putin wants his army to collapse I'm sure Ukraine will invite him to try take them. Kahrkiv appears to be a bridge much too far as well.

I don't know what war you're watching.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Hobgoblin11

Dundalk, Co. Louth

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

Is Biden distancing himself from Ukraine and Zelensky debacle before elections? I doubt this is a truthful statement from Biden anyway, Ukraine were heavily preparing since last summer.

https://www.businessinsider.com/biden-zelenskyy-didnt-want-to-hear-us-warnings-russian-invasion-2022-6?r=US&IR=T

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Nope, just stating a fact. Very few anywhere believed Putin would do it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,586 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

US intelligence were one of the only ones saying an invasion was imminent (and were relentlessly mocked publicly for it).

Ukraine have been preparing for years but it doesn’t appear that they genuinely thought Russia were going to do it when they did.

That's old news.I remember Zelensky saying in jan/feb that the warnings coming from the US were raising tensions

• Registered Users Posts: 18,499 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

No, I think he was just throwing an aside out there. It wasn't meant to be a key observation on the war - if he wanted to heavily criticise Ukraine or Zelensky, he would be coming out with far stronger stuff than this and it would be related to what is happening right now, not to events from before the invasion.

Old news. Though funny enough I'm pretty sure it was somewhere on this thread in the last few days someone posted a quote from Zelensky for a couple of places not being properly defended at the start, simple things like blowing bridges. There was a frenzy at the end but easy to see why things would get overlooked in a panic, particularly when the fuckers went straight for Kyiv.

Zelensky didn't want to believe it (he's no dope, he knows he's in the middle) and publicly played things down to avoid panic but that last week or two must have been mental. Easy to forget collaborators as well. Couple of people close to him apparently were caught but Christ knows if they've even got them all (just in Kyiv) at this stage. Out where the battles are it's easy to think of say, 20 people preparing an area for an assault by 1000 people, would just take one of those 20 people to skip a few steps and make a couple of extra things duds to completely ruin effective preparation. And of course there's incompetence. 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 13,879 ✭✭✭✭josip

Surprised that his Russian stooge replacement hasn't been killed yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,448 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Trumplodytes can't handle a US president that actually doesn't lie by default. Just doesn't compute for them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement