Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia - threadbanned users in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭rogber

A Russian friend of mine has been hosting a Ukrainian refugee in her very small flat for the last 3 months, others I know are doing voluntary work to help refugees. Takes a lot more sacrifice than posting tweets of bombs 25 times a day on boards. All are ashamed and disgusted by the war. There are exceptions. Not enough, but they're out there

And some more random Churchill quotes

“I am strongly in favour of using poisoned gas against uncivilised tribes. The moral effect should be so good that the loss of life should be reduced to a minimum. It is not necessary to use only the most deadly gasses: gasses can be used which cause great inconvenience and would spread a lively terror and yet would leave no serious permanent effects on most of those affected.”

Discussing the bengal famine he said he hated Indians, they were a beastly people with a beastly religion And deserved to die for breeding like rabbits.

”. I believe in the ultimate partition of China – I mean ultimate. I hope we shall not have to do it in our day. The Aryan stock is bound to triumph”

In May 1954, Violet Bonham-Carter asked Churchill's opinion about a Labour Party visit to China. Winston Churchill replied:

“I hate people with slit eyes and pigtails. I don't like the look of them or the smell of them – but I suppose it does no great harm to have a look at them.”

• Registered Users Posts: 13,818 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

No doubt Churchill was a bad egg but wasn't he correct that Bolshevism should have been destroyed in its infancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,397 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

It must be tiring keeping up this pretence.

Without Churchill there is a very real possibility democracy in Europe would have been extinguished for generations.

How many deaths is the USSR responsible for? To the closest tens of million?

How about condemning, without any excuses, Russia's illegal invasion of Ukraine and the war crimes they have committed there?

Strange isn't it, how you pretend to be neutral, yet all your posts come across as negative towards Ukranian efforts.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Another meltdown please try and it keep it together. Here’s the rest of Churchill quote that you conveniently left out in essence blaming the Jews

“There is no need to exaggerate the part played in the creation of Bolshevism and in the actual bringing about of the Russian Revolution, by these international and for the most part atheistical Jews; it is certainly a very great one; it probably outweighs all others. With the notable exception of Lenin, the majority of the leading figures are Jews. Moreover, the principal inspiration and driving power comes from the Jewish leaders.“

Although an anti-Semitic belief in an international Jewish conspiracy was not unique among British politicians of the time, few had the stature of Churchill. The article was criticised by the Jewish Chronicle at the time, calling it "the most reckless and scandalous campaign in which even the most discredited politicians have ever engaged".The Chronicle said Churchill had adopted "the hoary tactics of hooligan anti-Semites" in his article.

How exactly is posting some of Churchills sick and racist quotes against Ukraine? This thread has gone even nuttier if possible. The USSR was pure evil and killed millions of people, I have already condemned Putin and Russia and said he should be hanged, your brain just goes in default position and regurgitates the same old shite every time as you have nothing else to say.

And the latest gem is posting some of churchills racist and sicko quotes about India,Iraq and the Jews is against Ukraine? My god that is hilarious. Sorry your hero Churchill wasn’t that much different when it came to racism. He wasn’t too pushed about democracy in the empire he resided over so don’t be wet behind the ears. Those quotes show the man he was.

And please, The UK didn’t make a balls bit of difference to the outcome of WW2. The nazis would have lost with or without Britain being involved. Anyway continue with your predictable crap. The nauseating shite talk is out of hand.

• Advertisement

Reader, this is what a meltdown looks like.

Strange isn't it, how you pretend to be neutral, yet all your posts come across as negative towards Ukranian and Western efforts to assist them.

How about condemning, without any excuses, Russia's illegal invasion of Ukraine and the war crimes they have committed there?

Do you support Western powers in aiding Ukraine militarily to repel that invasion?

Do you support Ukraine's efforts to free itself of Russia subjugation and align itself with the EU and NATO if that is its democratic will?

Still waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭zig

While I agree that he’s playing a blinder with Russia, I would disagree that that is “despite” his domestic troubles. I’d be more inclined to think he’s encouraged because of his domestic troubles.

That said, at the moment, the West needs someone that is using as strong a language as he is, so I’m not complaining.

Predictable but sad that you had no retort so just reposted the same message. I have already condemned Russia and Putin several times, no excuses. The west should arm Ukraine to teeth to defeat Putin. You must have some impediment preventing you from grasping that.

Absolutely embarrassing. Maybe check the entire quote in future before embarrassing yourself posting Anti-Semitic quotes from Churchill. I’m sorry Churchills evil racist and sick quotes upset you so much. My sincerest apologies.

Your posts are utterly dishonest.

This is actually what Churchill though:

There can be no greater mistake than to attribute to each individual a recognisable share in the qualities which make up the national character. There are all sorts of men – good, bad and, for the most part, indifferent – in every country, and in every race. Nothing is more wrong than to deny to an individual, on account of race or origin, his right to be judged on his personal merits and conduct... It is particularly important in these circumstances that the national Jews in every country who are loyal to the land of their adoption should come forward on every occasion, as many of them in England have already done, and take a prominent part in every measure for combating the Bolshevik conspiracy. In this way they will be able to vindicate the honour of the Jewish name and make it clear to all the world that the Bolshevik movement is not a Jewish movement, but is repudiated vehemently by the great mass of the Jewish race.

Still waiting on you to:

Condemning, without any excuses, Russia's illegal invasion of Ukraine and the war crimes they have committed there.

I didn't ask if you had bashed Putin at some point, I asked for your opinion on that specific point.

Do you support Western powers in aiding Ukraine militarily to repel that invasion? You say you do, if so, why do you only post here on what you see as the negatives of that effort? Care to share your balanced posts on this subject?

Do you support Ukraine's efforts to free itself of Russia subjugation and align itself with the EU and NATO if that is its democratic will?

Here it is again because you obviously have something wrong going on… Here’s the mighty Churchill being anti Semitic and the Jewish chronicles reaction. It’s not my fault you aren’t educated on the disgusting things Churchill said and I included the rest of his quote on the subject that you left out.

“There is no need to exaggerate the part played in the creation of Bolshevism and in the actual bringing about of the Russian Revolution, by these international and for the most part atheistical Jews; it is certainly a very great one; it probably outweighs all others. With the notable exception of Lenin, the majority of the leading figures are Jews. Moreover, the principal inspiration and driving power comes from the Jewish leaders.“

Although an anti-Semitic belief in an international Jewish conspiracy was not unique among British politicians of the time, few had the stature of Churchill. The article was criticised by the Jewish Chronicle at the time, calling it "the most reckless and scandalous campaign in which even the most discredited politicians have ever engaged".The Chronicle said Churchill had adopted "the hoary tactics of hooligan anti-Semites" in his article.

I’m still waiting on you to read my post where I have said 10 times I support Ukraine, Russia and Putin is evil. The west should send more weapons. Russians have committed war crimes. I don’t see how educating you on Churchill after you quoted him is against Ukraine. You have nothing else to say so will keep regurgitating the same old shite. Scary the mental health crisis that is gripping the country.

• Advertisement

You seem not to have even bothered to read what I posted about Churchill but you obviously have formed certain biases about the UK which have nothing to do with this topic and are just venting.

Do you support Ukraine's efforts to free itself of Russia subjugation and align itself with the EU and NATO if that is its democratic will?

Biases about the Uk? God more shite. You are completely ignoring Churchill blaming the rise of communism in Russia on the Jews, the Jewish chronicle criticised him for it and you still ignore it. Amongst all his other horror quotes. He said them, but I’m the bad guy for pointing them out.

Please drop the self righteous bs when you won’t condemn Churchill anti semitism quote and choose to gloss over it. And I have already said yes 10 hundred times.

You are deliberately quoting Churchill out of context. It's utterly dishonest and I have provided the full context. To suggest he was an anti-semite when he was one of the strongest supporters of the Balfour Declaration is likewise utterly dishonest.

Do you support Ukraine's efforts to free itself of Russia subjugation and align itself with the EU and NATO if that is its democratic will?

If you have already said so, you can refer us to this earlier post.

“We will fight until the end, at sea, in the air. We will continue fighting for our land, whatever the cost. We will fight in the forests, in the fields, on the shores, in the streets."

• President Volodomyr Zelensky, echoing Churchill, in his speech to the House of Commons

It would be rather strange thing to do if your allegation had any merit.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

This thread is not about anyone's opinion on Churchill, the Shah of Iran, the Holy Roman Emperor Charlemagne, or indeed any other historical figure.

Calls for posters to condemn him are so bizzarely off topic that it's hard to know where to start.

Out of context your arse hole. You’re purposely ignoring it because you can’t bare to process he was a racist. Was him saying 4 million people deserved to die because he hated them and they were a beastly people out of context too. Get an absolute grip.

I would rather if you were referred to a doctor. I have said yes, you are rather deliberately trolling or having some kind of episode. Most likely the latter.

What's Churchill got to do with the price of turnips?

Get on topic or start a thread on Churchill quotes so you can jump up and down there.

No doubt you’ll quote your mate and say the same thing seeing as he first brought up Churchill with one of his half baked anti semitic quotes. Didn’t think so.

Obvious attempts at deflection! You have thrown insults at me as a smokescreen in the hope I won't notice your pretty obvious attempt at dodging the question:

Do you support Ukraine's efforts to free itself of Russia subjugation and align itself with the EU and NATO if that is its democratic will?

If you have already said so, you can refer us to this earlier post. Actually, you said you already have done so repeatedly, so one of these earlier posts would be even better all round.

Lets not let the thread be waylaid by any individual. Plenty to discuss on Ukraine.

"At the three-day meeting they are expected to promise further military support for Ukraine and impose more sanctions on Moscow."

I cannot see how the West can let Russia win.

• Advertisement

Superb article… behind a paywall, but good interview with Ukrainian special forces and their attacks into Russia. They are called the Shamans.

I believe these were the sabotage teams brought to the US and trained by the CIA over the last half-decade or so. At the request of the US, they were quarantined away from the rest of the Ukrainian army to mitigate against intelligence leaks to the Russians, and are commanded by the very top of the Ukrainian military apparatus.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,492 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

6-8 week will not see winter neither will 10-12. There is about 15-18 weeks before winter hits.

Between now and then it's a case of what amount of weapons that Ukraine gets. Already there is a move by the UK and other NATO countries to train Ukrainians as soldiers which will probably be with European and US technology as well.

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭electric_sleep

……

whats with all the anti Russian hate speech? Calling them orcs?

There are hundreds of millions of people in the world with Russian ethnicity, including many many Ukrainians. The vast majority of Russians, especially Russians who made their life in the west, are not responsible for the actions of the Kremlin. Many have never voted for Putin, nor even lived in modern Russia.

Boards.ie stop allowing Your site to be used as a platform for hate speech or I’ll be making a complaint to the Gardai. I’m not joking. There are laws protecting people from this you know. There are tens of thousand of Russians in Ireland and they don’t need to be referred to as orcs, nor do they need to read calls for their mass deportations.

They don’t need to explain, they don’t need to feel ashamed, they’ve nothing to do with this war other than sharing an ethnicity with Putin by an accident of birth.

You hateful people disgust me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,818 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Is this the latest? A soapy appeal against alleged 'racial prejudice' aimed at Russians?

Check back in with us after you call Store Street Garda Station. I'm sure they'll put their best detectives on the case.

*checks registration date of account*, February '22

Be honest with us here, how many sock accounts are you running?

Ordinary Russians (not employed by the Kremlin) legally in Ireland don’t need to explain themselves to you or anyone else. They’re not responsible for this war anymore than your average American was responsible for Vietnam. Publicly calling for mass deportation based on ethnicity or nationality is pure bigotry on your part, and I’m pretty sure it’s a hate crime

• Registered Users Posts: 18,511 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

I've never used the word here, but I assume 'orc' or 'ork' has primarily been used by posters about the invading Russian military in Ukraine. To my knowledge, it's not meant to apply to ordinary Russian people or civilians.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Ork

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,802 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

And the ones adorning their cars with Z symbols and driving in a convoy supporting the Russian invasion of Ukraine along the M50..... should they explain themselves?

May I ask you, who do you feel is responsible for this war?

And a follow up, who do the 'Ordinary Russian's' feel are responsible for this war?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement