Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia - threadbanned users in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭opinionated3

Two weeks ago the Russians were more concerned about their new Macdonald's opening in Moscow, rather than their war crimes, not to mention the tens of thousands of their own soldiers dead as well.

Tells me all I need to know about these people.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭shivaz

This is written by Igor Girkin.He is a russian terrorist that has a lot of blood on his hands but he gives a view of the war from the russian side without much propaganda so that is why I'm posting the words of this enemy.

"The current battle is ending with tactical successes of RF AF, but strategically, in general it is unsuccessful since by the 5th month of SMO the group of UAF in Donbas is still not defeated, likewise it was not pushed out of the majority of its positions."

"In July-August a lot will be decided after deployment of reserves from both sides. The time is working both against the so-called “Ukraine” and the RF. But against the RF, the time is working harder. Especially considering how the Russian political authorities seduced by local (and very expensive) successes are critically slowly realising the necessity of putting the country’s economy onto “war rails”."

more here....https://wartranslated.com/igor-girkin-overview-of-the-ukraine-frontlines-as-of-27-june/

• Registered Users Posts: 40,007 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

It pretty accurately hit the packed shopping centre.

I see absolutely no reason to give these genocidal war criminals the benefit of the doubt either.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Are you even aware, or more likely, do you even care that the Russian state is committing atrocities as we post. We ,as in Europe, are effectively at war with Russia and if that means expelling Russians who are not prepared to condemn the atrocities then so be it. You obviously disagree as is your right but I happen to believe we are at war with a better armed version of adolf Hitler and everything needs to be used against such tyranny.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,743 ✭✭✭zv2

Some Kremlinites-

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” — Voltaire

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,424 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

I've heard this call to put the country on war footing a few times from talking Russian heads. What is the likely next move from Russia or will they continue with a war of attrition and shadow conscription?

Speaking of conscription. This is an interesting way of punishing curfew breakers -

Living in a different world to the front line soldiers. Until now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,712 ✭✭✭✭briany

I think Russia will attempt to continue concentrating artillery fire on small areas of land, backed up by less frequent airstrikes and missiles. By Russian standards, it's working. Shelling a city for weeks on end until it is a wasteland of smouldering buildings and scorched earth sounds like a bit of a pyrrhic victory IMO, but that's me...

Anyway, Ukraine needs the better long range weaponry and in volume, and ASAP. If Russia's artillery advantage can be neutralised, a big element of Russia's ability to prosecute the war goes with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭dennis72

This latest attack means Russia needs to be wiped off the map

If Russia wins they will keep going what is not to understand here

Russia has time on its side with quantity NATO has to go in

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Good hit, no indication of a kill. Ka-52s are armored, they're a little tougher to kill than some helos.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭shivaz

Putin can't put the country on a war footing as russians will watch the war on tv but will not go or send their men in enough numbers.Putin needs to send these men to defeat Ukraine.Depletion of equipment and quality munitions will effect russia in the long term.Santions may affect public opinion in russia but russians don't have rebellion in their DNA.Santions will affect russia in replacing modern war equipment.

If/when this battle moves out from Lysychansk,it wont move past the Bakhmut/Kramatorsk line.Russia will have not have the men and combat power to move any further.Ukraine can win this war but it may take 2 years to allow all the above to take affect.It could also end quick if russian troops decide to end it and go home but that requires the rebellion DNA which is lacking.

• Advertisement

Russia is too big and armed with too many nukes to be wiped off the map by a hostile military force. Wiping it off the map in that way might lead to the same fate for the attacker. We've been over that one since this thing started, at least.

The only safe way to knock Russia out is to bring Putin's regime down from the inside. It's pretty much what Russian trolls have been working to do in the West for the last decade and it's not been without its successes. The idea of another civil war in America no longer sounds like some far-fetched idea, and if America ends up going further down its current trajectory of infighting, I worry it may become an unreliable partner in the NATO alliance, and if Russia thinks that America wouldn't react to an incursion on NATO territory, it's real squeaky-bum time for the Baltics.

So for the political instability Russia is causing with trolling and the economic stability its causing with this war, it does need to be taken out. It just cannot be through direct military action.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭RedXIV

I have to admit, I have lost faith in the US for many things over the years, but I don't believe yet that they will falter from a military perspective, it just seems to be fanatically built into them, and given how history has told the story in the past, an external enemy unifies factions within the country. If any NATO country was tasked to put boots on ground, I'd bet a significant amount of money that US would be the first

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭nigeldaniel

Two missiles are now confirmed to have hit the shopping center. Clear as day a deliberate attack. If that is not a definition of terrorism I don't know what is. Time to call a spade a spade and ban Russia from the united Nations and everywhere else.

Dan.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,427 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Every claimed or suspected russian poster on this thread posts that they hate Putin and hate the government, hate their system.

Just wondering if Putin was to drop dead tomorrow would they consider it wrong for Irish people to drive on the M50 with Russian flags or would they join in?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Asdfgh2020

Will he bring his ‘shite’ collecting buddies with him in case he leaves any trace/evidence of what his health issues may be…..?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,343 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Can’t see peace any time soon.

It will escalate more and more.

Today NATO putting 300,000 troops into battle ready mode.

Then Russia bombs a shopping centre.

Something is brewing.

It's been good to see that support for Ukraine has gotten some amount of bipartisan consensus in the U.S. where I wasn't sure if that could agree on what colour the sky is. There are still weasels like the Fox News anchor Tucker Carlson who've been running contrarian views about the war in Ukraine up the flagpole but they don't appear to have gained as much traction as he'd hoped. Plenty of Americans still around who remember the phrase, 'better dead than red'.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bennyineire

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Unfortunately I don't think that would have any impact whatsoever. The UN only works because it includes those who you disagree with and Russia wouldn't care less about being there or not. They would just claim that the UN and Nato are the same thing and have always been against them or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,511 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

The regime are of course claiming that the attack on Kremenchuk was carried out by Ukraine. How they could possibly know this when they have no presence in the city or region and would have no access to info on the nature of the attack if they were 'not' responsible is anyone's guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,511 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Many people pointing out this evening that Russia can effectively be called a terrorist state - deliberately targeting a shopping mall in the middle of the day in the hope of killing many civilians marks them out as ISIS or Al Qaida with suits on (and the order for the attack may well have personally come from the Bin Laden wannabe in the Kremlin).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭Curious_Case

This is just a Channel 4 news piece. Personally I think Russia needs to be destroyed from within, in a way that leaves Putin not knowing who to blame.

https://youtu.be/1w6CWXyAegQ

• I think the situation in Lithuania, could be what gets Nato involved if somehow Russia decide to strike it, at the moment they are not happy with the blockade of certain goods going through, if Lithuania doubles down will be intersting to see how it escalates

• Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭Polar101

This might have been posted already, but it's a pretty comprehensive read for us armchair generals re: what is happening on the front.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,680 ✭✭✭eire4

It would certainly seem that it is quite likely that it was done intentionally as a threat to those at the G7 meeting. Either way it is yet another in a long and lengthening list of utterly repulsive Russian atrocities.

Post edited by eire4 on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,680 ✭✭✭eire4

Sadly you may very well be right. This has escalated already to a level where the west has no choice but to make sure Russia is defeated. The genocide that the Russians are conducting and the clear and present danger they present to democracy and to our free and open societies is plain as day to see.

Yeah, it’s effectively a criminal outfit masquerading as a country. Nah, the elite are a bunch of scum. Just because you get to the top positions in a country doesn’t automatically grant respectability.

Just because people bow to the mafia gang lord doesn’t mean the mafia gang lord isn’t beyond contempt.

The Russian people are beaten down, just like those under the influence of mafia type gangs.

It makes it all the more despicable that those outside the Russian mafia state display support for the regime by displaying Z symbols or claim ‘what about…’ through some perverse sense of national pride.

They need to be in no doubt they are the bad guys.

As for OUR national embarrassments Moscow Mick and Commie Clare… these need to be kicked out on their holes the next chance the electorate get a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,963 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

Michael Clarke suggests it was targeted at a army depot nearby, just shows how badly inaccurate their missiles are

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭rogber

You say this like it's some new discovery. The Russian government has been deliberately targeting civilian infrastructure since the war started, this is just one among dozens of such atrocities

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement