Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia - threadbanned users in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭BurgerFace

According to you, Russian fighter pilots have to go to a shop and get a cheap GPSthingy, gaffer tape it to the dash of their fighter jets. If that is the case, then what do we have to worry about??

An EXCELLENT question.

And I commend you for asking such.

NATO, allegedly, serves to defend Western Europe from the terrible menace from the East.

Why have the the attack on Afghanistan and Iraq been effected under the auspices of NATO? I never thought that NATO had to defend me from Pashtuns.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Phil.x

Looking from the news footage putin has a bad case of small man syndrome.

You have a problem with a country making their own decisions?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

We've seen the evidence in Syria , probably explains why they couldn't find isis 😂😂😂😂,

Must have been a russian bank holiday ?

• Advertisement

And you think that you you or anyone else has a right to sniff around in someone's country?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Why? In 2003, NATO took command of anti-insurgency combat operations *at the request of the Afghanistan government and the United Nations*

Read that back a couple of times.

The second Iraq war was not a NATO operation. NATO participation was strictly non-combatant (capacity building, training and advisory) and very small in scale at that.

Why would a defensive pact be involved in a military operation many thousands of miles from the land that that pact is deigned to defend?

Actually...I would like to know what exactly I have to fear from the Russians.

If I can have that explained to me then I would most appreciate it.

Ukraine is recognised as an independent nation and Russia have honoured that. Russia has also honoured the independence and sovereignty of Latvia, Estonia and Lithuania. If as so many morons on here try to maintain, i.e that Vlad is trying to re-establish the USSR then why the **** has he not gobbled up the easy targets like Uzbekistan and a few other stans before going for the little bits in Europe? I certainly would if I wanted to recreate a massive empire.

I've got all these nukes and all this **** and I want to rebuild the USSR...BUT...I'm not going to take over Kazakhstan or Uzbekistan or Tajikistan ...where all the oil is and the best way to defend my empire. No...no, **** that I will just piss around with a bunch of twats in Ukraine because that's the way to rebuild the USSR.

Such bollocks.

• Advertisement

Because the Afghanistan government requested them to, and NATO members assesented to their request.

An appropriate article on Khazakastan's 'Russian question', some of the noises from Putin's party about Khazakastan's territorial integrity, and Putin's coy stance on the matter.

Basically, the noises are the same about the Khazakastan as the Ukraine. Russian nationalists say that Khazakastan's existence as a state was a benevolent gift from within the walls of the Kremlin, and what was given can be taken away.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭BluePlanet

The "Afghanistan government", haha, that's a good one. You must be referring to the Karzai admin that the US installed after they invaded.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,350 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Little off topic but Russia has had more than a million excess deaths since covid began so the Russians are massively under-reporting their numbers.

Because they found the cure in Sputnik ,

Apparently 😂😂😂

But they don't report much of anything like there military deaths in Ukraine , Syria , Libya , Africa ,all were made official state secrets the first publised deaths in Ukraine and Syria were chalked up as either suicide or accidents.

the Kremlin controls all of the media they only report Putin is good and he's defending Russia from hoards of NATO surrounding the country,

Latest Russian statistics, it's a dying country, although the same could be said about most of the West including America where they are on the verge of population decline, even including current immigration levels.

Russian statistics for the year up to November:

Births: 1,284,888

Deaths: 2,229,980

Easy to cherrypick. Let's see s map of the bases.

Pretty stark figures, I must admit.

Are many countries depleting in such a manner?

• Advertisement

Italy and Spain are similar, along with East Asian countries, like South Korea, Taiwan, Japan, China etc. The rest of Europe is only a few years behind. The UK was essentially at zero natural growth last year I think. Poland is expected to start their decline in the next 5 years.

To be honest outside of Africa and some central Asian countries most of the world is starting on this journey right now. There has been a precipitous drop in fertility worldwide since 2015 for some reason, including in Ireland. Worldwide fertility is about 2.24 with a long term stabilisation rate of 2.1 to 2.2 needed to maintain population.

Perhaps falling populations will put an end to military aggression or maybe it'll go the other way and make some countries lash out as they see their window of opportunity closing.

Lol @BurgerFace .

Put down the cheap booze ,

"The Russians are NOT bluffing. If they do not get a security guarantee then they will act unilaterally and there is nothing that the West will be able to do except trawl their usual pot of propaganda and bitch tricks."

"There will be NO conflict over Ukraine."

You seem completely confused about this .

I see Estonia is selling Ukraine new 120mm howitzers and javelin antitank missiles , along with several other countries

Post edited by Gatling on

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Stanley 1

Putin wants access to markets and Ukraine is part of that just like he used Syria for air bases and a port in the Med.

There are a lot of Russians living in pockets of the Ukraine and provide enough cover for Putin to say they need his protection.

All those Stan countries have oil buy they need Russian pipelines to get the oil to market and Putin makes them pay.

If Putin gets control of Ukraine he sends a big message to former USSR that anytime he wants he will just come marching in.

He needs to see off NATO far away from his borders before he goes on the offensive.

Russia honours nothing, they have always spoke with forked tongue and Putin is a master at it.

Russian women had got far more independent and will not allow themselves to be continually knocked up by Russian men, in particular the drunken louts that pass as armed forces.

Gatling, put down the painkillers and try to breathe.

America's attempts at ruling the world have been not only a disaster but an embarassment.

The US and their NATO puppies have embarked upon several "wars" in the last 20 years. All of them have been catastrophic failures.

Right now, America is limping and 30 years of chest-beating and trying to piss on others is coming home to roost.

The US is now being either ignored or laughed at. You can plank on about rifles or rockets or jets. None of that means a thing. I'm looking on TV right now......an American retard who is trying to explain the ethnic makeup of Ukraine. And these are the kind of idiots who slammed into Afghanistan and said "let's give these people peanut butter...they'll love us and then let us occupy their country"

The US is not going to have a chance in Europe. Biden has already copped on to that. Russia in 1991 asked for a security agreement. Their requests fell on deaf ears as Wall Street pushed another bottle of vodka down Yeltsin's mouth and they moved in to rob the country blind.

There are now 90,000 Russian troops on the border of Ukraine.

You better listen NOW.

Are they being raped? Do Russian women just get knocked up without a choice?

Call it what you wish, rape by intimidation, by force, by society acceptance, same rule of law does not seem to apply, there is a lot of backstreet abortions.

😂😂😂😂😂

What are you talking about?

Russia and China are in the ascendency and the US and the UK is in decline. This isn't an opinion, as if my football team is coming good. This is a fact.

The US has been flailing around in Eurasia for the guts of 25 years and they have made an utter balls of everything they have done. The job was to control Eurasia. They botched that up because nobody likes American assholes coming in and telling them how to live.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,658 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Russia is a country that's literally dying suffering a catastrophic loss of population each and every year.

It's economy is smaller than Italy's.

It's not a power at all.

Take off your anti-American goggles.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement