Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia - threadbanned users in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Unfortunately most people are too scared to protest, for obvious reasons.

Pity they banned foreign adoptions. Exported their unwanted babies for filthy lucre. Sounds a bit familiar? Another country did similar.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,310 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Oh, I'm sure the figures for losses are fairly accurate. My observation is that they were far, far higher than they needed to be because of sabotage by Stalin. Had the Soviets been competent from the beginning, they wouldn't be able to say "We took 20 times as many casualties" as a badge of honor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭Harryd225

You are talking absolute nonsense, you are just on this thread constantly trying to spread Biden propaganda. The US led coalition in Iraq has compensated the families of just 14 victims in Iraq since 2014 despite thousands of dead civilians mostly women and children.

The only hope for most victims families is a “sympathy” payment from the U.S. military that does not acknowledge responsibility for causing the deaths.

At an earlier stage of the 9/11 wars, the U.S. and its allies did pay compensation to civilians. By 2007, the U.S. had paid at least $32 million in compensation for civilians harmed in Iraq and Afghanistan,

This is no longer true, In Iraq, where U.S. operations were primarily conducted by air, only around 14 payments have been made since operations against ISIS began in 2014, despite thousands of dead civilians who are mostly women and children. In 2019, only six Iraqis received sympathy payments, in 2020 no sympathy payments were issued globally. Most ex gratia payments are small — usually between $2,500 and $5,000. One of the condolence payments issued in 2019, for the death of a child was only $131.

And your trying to tell me these payments justify all the dead children 🙄

Care to remind us how many civilians and non-combatants Saddam Hussein's regime murdered, for balance like?

And if you have figures in relation to the compensation made available by the dictatorship to the families this would be helpful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Shao Kahn

Putin did say he had no plan to invade...

It reminds me of that quote from a few good men: "Walk softly and carry an armored tank division, I always say!"

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives, and it puts itself into our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday." (John Wayne)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,434 ✭✭✭jmreire

Bring in laws forbidding abortions., I don't thing that would work Danzy ..Why do you think that there are so many Abortions in the first place??? Could it be anything to do with the fact that Women, unable to change the rotten society they live in, decide that they will not be part of bringing more children into it? The fact that 1/3 of all pregnancies end in Abortion is an absolutely staggering figure.....and add to this figure the Nrs on birth control. And don't blame the women,,,blame the absolute corrupt society that exists that drives women to abort perfectly healthy baby's rather than give birth, and the mental effects this has on them afterwards. If there was one single thing to drive Russians into open rebellion, I'd say that a law banning abortions would be it.....and what then? Another Law compelling Women to restore minimum average of 2.6 Baby's per woman?

Actually, I'm pretty sure that Vladimir has already thought about that as the answer to the falling Russian birthrate, and decided not to go ahead with it for the very reasons I outlined above. But with Vlada, you never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭blackcard

Is this a coded message? I tried to decipher it but had to admit defeat?

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Shao Kahn

Apparently, Putin has a much more refined sense of humor than Hitler had... that's what I've heard anyway.

He's also a big fan of gas too! 😅

I'll get me coat...

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives, and it puts itself into our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday." (John Wayne)

Where am I spreading Biden propaganda? Seems that anyone who does not share your anti-US opinion, is a rabid pro Biden follower. Sorry that's not me. And according to your post, the US have paid out 32 million, with cases still pending. OK, good, now do you have the figures for how much isis / al-quaeda et al. have paid out? Because they have killed thousands and thousands. I put this in for balance, as you are so sympathetic to the innocent dead. So keep up your posts about the death toll, but at least include ALL of the killers, and you can include Russian bombing in Syria too that has killed thousands of civilians, and what compensation they have paid ....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,947 ✭✭✭circadian

That's the end of Macron I guess, unless he has an ace up his sleeve. Putin is clearly just saying whatever he needs to get rid of him. He already said their last meeting was "torture". Russian diplomacy in this matter was designed to fail and was in complete bad faith.

Stalin was a bit paranoid about those around him, which led to frequent purges of anyone who he perceived as a threat, which in turn led to many capable and intelligent military officers being "Removed with extreme prejudice " , something that afterwards, caused many deaths amongst the badly led Russian Soldiers.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Because America supplied them with food and material to keep fighting and the Germans ran out of ammo before the Soviets ran out of human sandbags.

And yes, the Sturmgewehr 44, which the Soviets copied two years after the end of WW2 to create the AK47, was one of the the best firearms ever made.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,425 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

German tank production increased by over 300% after the US entered the war. Despite the allied aerial bombing campaign.

US truck supplies to the soviets we’re essential in getting the, mostly Soviet produced weapons, armour etc to the front.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭political analyst

US citizens in Moscow have been warned by their embassy about a possible terrorist attack in the city.

What terrorists would have motive for perpetrating attacks in Russia now? Chechen militants haven't been active for years.

If excessive Russian casualties in WWII were entirely due to the purge of the Red Army before the war. What explains excess Russian deaths in other conflicts from the Crimean War, First World War etc.

There are many other factors at play.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Hobgoblin11

why did the USA allow itself to have less Nukes than russia? in a shoot out Russia wins as they will have the last men standing

Dundalk, Co. Louth

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

There will be nobody standing if we go nuclear ,

But it's not a case of who has the most but who has the ability to put those Nuclear weapons on target first and before someone else can launch,

I'm sure they are more than happy to see the Russians blow money on it. Won't make any difference in a nuclear war.

But seems that the Moscow apartment bombings which propelled Vladimir to power ( plus he was Yeltsin's protégé) were not in fact carried out by Chechens, but by KGB / FSB operatives. So maybe this time round it will be blamed on these murderous Ukrainians?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,804 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

No matter who launches first, the ICBMs will be detected while they are in the air and a counter attack launched before a lot of them even hit their targets.

There are enough nuclear weapons on both sides to hit all the major cities, you get to a certain point where you have enough nukes to do the job any any more are just dick waving.

Libya paid $1.5 billion to the victims of the Lockerbie bombing. As part of the agreement the US was supposed to pay the innocent civilian victims it had killed in its 1986 bombing of Libya $300. Needless to say they didn’t pay anything to their victims. Nor did the compensation paid by Libya prevent western regime change in their country.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,768 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

The deeper the relationship. The harder the breakup

• Registered Users Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

It's hard to type when you're busy packing the market stall trolleys with bananas and apples.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

How are we fixed for iodine tablets? Surely the job for another Wickla TD.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,451 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

Because the Czar's like Satlin and ever other Russian leader have believed human life is expendable. The Czar's general's send soldiers into the battlefield with only one in two or three with rifles. Rifles cost money.

Stalin in 1939 did a deal to split Poland with Hitler. He butchered 20k+ Polish Arney and civil leaders. Hitler delayed the invasion of Russian in 1941 by 5-6 weeks because Italy could not defeat Greece.

Even then when he invaded he did not set specific targets. They neither went for Moscow or the oil fields. He got sucked in to capturing Leningrad ( St Petersburg) and not constentrating on Moscow. As well by late 1941 it was obvious they were facing a winter war he refused to equip his troops with winter clothing.

In 1942 he became obsessed with Stalin's name ( Stalingrad) and allowed 758-860k of his army to be killed or captured there along with massive amounts of materials. It interesting because while Russian losses were more at 1.2-1.3 million they were not substantially more.

Most Russian losses were because of massive amount of the Russian army that were captured in 1941 3-4 million and in the summer of 42&43 another 2+million, 60-70% who starved to death in German POW/slave labour camps. As well you had the massive slaughter of civilian population by the Germans that added to the Russian deaths.

But even after all that, even when the Allies told Stalin he could capture Berlin he scarficed 500k+ of his own troops to make sure he got there first.

Sorry for being a bit long winded. But I wanted to clear a bit of confusion. Putin is just another autocratic prick in a long list of Russian autocratic pricks

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭TheTruth89

Oh the irony 🤣🤣 Russia were a meat shield that if the threat of the us or other allies wasn't there they would have been ground into dust by the Germans.

This whole the Russians won the war is nonsense they had a big part to play but by no means did they win the war on there own.

As for you asking someone why they are deflecting 🤣🤣🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Hobgoblin11

russia is a like the bully who straddles the wall that is between Europe/Asia or EurAsia, it pokes all those who try to pass on either side of the wall

Dundalk, Co. Louth

The bananas have over ripened and need to be disposed of 🕵️‍♀️

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,266 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

the country of Russia, it is 11 % of the landmass of planet earth… the largest country in the world… a nuclear superpower who have now exhibited evidence that they are a danger to their neighbours as well as countries further afield, including those in the EU…and those who seek membership of the EU…ie. Ukraine…

they are a bully, a potentially dangerous and volatile country led by an unhinged, paranoia riddled, egotistical loose cannon who in a time of a global pandemic is pulling this shît….

The militarised west will have fûck all options if Russia attempt to launch an invasion into the Ukraine… which is maybe going to happen so…WW3 is likely and it will be not a fight that M4A vs AK47 is going to have to win…

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement