Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia - threadbanned users in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭Curious_Case

Tucker and his amazing facial expression - monkey see, monkey emulate.

I haven't stopped laughing since noticing your post, I might even read it some day.

Your crusade evokes images of serenading a brick wall with a flacid organ.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,050 ✭✭✭timmyntc

Sure the Russian economy is on the brink of collapse (since March), they have run out of ammo and missiles, over 100k casualties

I'm surprised they managed to sustain the fighting this long given how often they were predicted to only have "2 more weeks" left in them. It's been a long 2 weeks if thats the case

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Possibly,but then again if the rocket explodes hitting the bucket the tank should in theory survive along with it's occupants depending on what way and where the rocket hits

• Registered Users Posts: 82,974 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Just imagine if the US Iraq Surge was headlined by the US Gravy Seals and Meal Team Six.

People would be talking about the US falling apart.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,053 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

I don't follow any, they are in Ukrainian or Russian and a mix of both: Оперативний ЗСУ https://t.me/operativnoZSU is the UA mil channel and another which you might say has slightly more societal/political stuff is https://t.me/+m9oCMA-UjbwzZjEy .

The telegram phone app lets you tap on most text and that brings a popup with a translate option that works well. If you view those channels in Microsft's Edge browser, it can auto translate most of the content very effectively. I use it on an xbox on the main tv and it's very convenient.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

They are surviving of the thoughts and prayers from the small percentage of people that are paedophile, murder, rape, and genocide supporters.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Most neutral military analysts recognise this.

Name some

• Registered Users Posts: 7,050 ✭✭✭timmyntc

surviving of the thoughts and prayers

Ah the soviet ESP and mind control units are finally being put to good use

Sending thoughts and prayers to the military

So with winter coming, who is going to cave first:

Russia with hella oil

Russian conscripts with no winter gear

Ukranian forces with hella winter gear

Ukraine

EU/NATO with oil shortages

• Registered Users Posts: 20,053 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

'Misinforming' - easy mistake to make, but still...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,024 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

@Run Forest Run "You do realise that only roughly about 20% of Russia's military has been involved in this conflict, right?"

• Registered Users Posts: 17,984 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

This is like reading a Boards version of Clare Daly, so much distortion.

The invasion group (Russia) was exponentially stronger than the defending military, which is why almost every analyst predicted that Ukraine would fall within weeks if not sooner. What wasn't predicted was the level of the Ukrainian will to fight and cohesiveness of their leadership, as well as a national determination not to be subjugated by a brutal occupying force. You may not have a clue about Russia and Russian occupation, but they do.

On the flipside, many Russian soldiers thought they were on a training mission, riot police found themselves on the front-line, soldiers were dying in the radioactive Red Forest because their maps were from 1985 (which didn't include the 1986 Chernobyl disaster) - despite have numerical and superior military hardware and tech, they were highly disorganized and had significant leadership and logistical issues.

It's obvious the Russian leadership overestimated the situation, they thought they'd do significantly better, they were booking restaurant tables in Kyiv, picking out which apartments they would claim in the capital, packing parade uniforms with front-line troops. They even wheeled out their puppet Yanukovych to lead the newly conquered Ukraine. They grossly underestimated the Ukrainian military's hit and run tactics, they underestimated the international reaction, they underestimated European cohesion and response, the international flow and volume of defensive arms, they underestimated the sanctions.

This is all symptomatic of dictatorships and autocrat regimes. They are corrupt from the top down, the rot permeates all sectors, the leadership are surrounded by YES men - all of which leads to errors and miscalculations and gross over-estimation of abilities.

The Russians have lost elite units, high numbers of regular troops killed, injured, missing, deserted, the flag ship of their Black Sea Fleet, shiny new T90 tanks, 40 million dollar Sukhoi jets, thousands of their military vehicles have been captured and reconstituted into the Ukrainian military. They have had to resort to scraping the bottom of the barrel to get mercenaries from all parts of the world to fight for them. All that said, they are still very potent, but currently they are unable to make much progress.

"But Russia could really flatten Ukraine if they wanted"

They have already systematically annhilated cities like Mariupol, it doesn't really achieve much for them. In terms of randomly bombing other cities away from the frontline, they've already been doing that. Their pilots are scared to fly because of decent AA defenses, the tiny Ukrainian air force is (miraculously) still somewhat intact. The Russians are running low on cruise missiles. They've resorted to using drones more and more. Putin repeatedly said he wasn't going to be targeting civilian infrastructure. Due to battlefield failures we've seen they have changed tack on this recently.

It's been repeatedly pointed out that you are parroting generic pro-Putin propaganda, always with the same edgy generic narratives that Europe and "the West" are the real villains in all of this, that they control the world's free press, that they manufactured this conflict, all the while being careful to window-dress all your tirades with some fake criticism of Putin. Congratulations.

A totalitarian country is invading Europe, and European countries (and allies) are doing what they can to stop it, because we've been here before. You might want to switch off your Alex Jones club for a moment and actually listen to Putin, to Medvedev, to Russian prime-time television, to what they are saying - the talk of attacking Poland, other European countries, the constant persecution complex, the Russian helicopters with "onwards to Berlin" written on them..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭zv2

Like the fellow went bankrupt: At first, slowly, then fast.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” — Voltaire

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭EOQRTL

Neither side will "cave". This war will still be ongoing this time next year long after the Ukrainian flags have disappeared from people's windows and people move onto the next attention grabbing international event

Putin will still be "two weeks from deaths door" with cancer/MS/AID's or whatever else the posters on here where telling us back in March/April because they read it on Twitter. China/Russia/Iran/NK etc... axis of idiots will be still hoping they can drag the world back into the 15th century and Putin will still be threatening anyone who looks at him sideways with nuclear bombs.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,024 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Well, the important thing is that you've found a way to feel superior to both sides.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭fly_agaric

Listened to a few mins of Tucker + Fox off the link posted up there and whatever he's doing it is not "giving the news" as we (still) know it over here lol, no wonder he may appeal to Forest...

Calling Russia a "Christian country with traditional values" that's facing US led "jihad" against it in Ukraine ("World War Trans"!?) to destroy it...how do you deal with that level of insanity?

The youtube closed captions gave me my giggle for the day at one point, struggling with his mangling of "Jihad".

So wait, the Ukrainians are trans muslim nazis? I had no idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,102 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

The only way that's true is if they are trans-dimensional and Tucker has come from an alternate reality.

10% of Russian population is muslim. I think he mixed up his countries there.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Don't forget the Devil-worshipping & witchcraft etc. (though Tucker did not bring that up in section I listened to). Perhaps that will rear its head if he's got a direct feed from Russia's own propaganda nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,669 ✭✭✭storker

Ah, so the name of that middle-east terrorist group must have really been "Icelandic She Hog".

Every day's a school day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭LastFridayNight

I think Fox News itself views Tucker's slot as entertainment, rather than news. Fox legal team have stated  “his comments cannot reasonably be interpreted as facts". So you might was well get your geo-political news and information from strictly come dancing.

Fox views the slot as money. His is a model that turns victimhood politics into a real cash cow. Oh advertisers leaving in droves because of antisemitic remark, well here comes mypillow money to the rescue.

Until the day Fox isn't utterly Scrooge McDucking in 'anti woke' money they will keep milking their sacred fratty cow. No shortage of money to look forward to there either, there will always be advertisers around who will fund his show just to 'own the libs' and drive their talking points.

Sean Hannity used to try and describe himself as a balanced journalist. Now his nightly shows are softball hour with Republican candidates, stumping for republican candidates, and even being given an honorary award from the GOP for his political activism.

But somehow, they've managed to convince the rest of the world that really, CNN and MSNBC are the filthy and biased ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭wassie

We've really never seen anything on this sort of scale before...

Actually, I think you missed the only thing we havent seen on this scale before is war crimes being committed by the so called Russian army on the civilian population, including;

• Raping women & children
    • Mass torture
    • Mass executions
    • Widescale theft
    • Human trafficking
    • Deliberate targeting of civilian infrastructre.

But perhaps its too convenient for you to not address this in your rants and whataboutery.

I don't want to waste too much more of this thread or bore the reader further by analysing that rubbish, but he was just using it as a generic, a spicy term for a holy war against moral Christian Russia I think which might fire something in the brain of his audience rather than implying any Islamic character...!

Not a discusion for the thread, but I watch that and it has the form or character of "news" as we know it, but it is poison. Just distorting and lying if it suits & pushing doom, fear and hate to give a bit of dopamine rush and get eyeballs to get money. It does have an effect and it is disturbing to think we've had decades of that dross piped into the USs population now (and beyond), as they seemingly cannot or will not regulate this area properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Addmagnet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Putin is ready to resume negotiations with Ukraine and the United States.

I sawed it on the news.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

• Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭vixdname

• Registered Users Posts: 30,102 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Resume negotiations? Which ones... the last time was pretty much a demand for unconditional surrender. Not really negotiating.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement

This is his last best shot, at scaring Europeans who worry about freezing to death this winter.

If the war actually drags through the new year though it might be a lot of Putin’s conscripts who freeze to death, lacking any basic supplies or cold weather gear.

Europe is in the position to say piss off, weather a harsh winter, and come out racing to the energy transition as it has been.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement