Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia - threadbanned users in OP

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,392 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Might be surprisingly well. Most countries don't have an equivalent to the Assault Breacher Vehicle for example.

However, the question misses the point. The US operates as a joint force, and is organized and structured to fight that way. Along how the US Army would perform without air support is kindof like asking how another army might perform without reconnaissance units or tanks. Its a part of the system.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,053 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Of course, any country would ban them after being caught red handed, the way they were.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,520 ✭✭✭jmreire

And rightly so Grumpy. Zelensky specifically mentioned Russian influenced Churches in his new law. Kirill Patriarch of the Russian Orthodox Church (and as big a gangster as Putin) claimed in the early days of the invasion that he was Patriarch of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church as well but was told to go home and mind his own business as he has no authority over the Ukrainian branch, no more than he has over the Serbian or Greek Orthodox Churches either. He is not 100% supported by the Russian Orthodox Church either. There are many priests there who disagree with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭xxxxxxl

• Registered Users Posts: 5,827 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

You're scraping the bottom of the barrel again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭Polar101

There is a war ongoing, and Ukraine is trying to reduce the ways the invader can influence them. Seems like a very necessary strategy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

Ukraine apparently has completed testing of a long range drone. Meanwhile a Wagner source confirmed that NK are sending artillery shell's while China is sending trucks and medical aid through a type of lend lease.

America must be delighted seeing NK, Russia, China and Iran emptying reserves. I know China don't officially but they likely do through NK.

Russia's only big advantage on the battlefield is their ability to cover large areas under not stop artillery fire. If their stocks are already low how long could NK keep shipping before they say no. Another year?

Estimates have Russia firing between 40 and 60k shells per day. If that output was to drop below 10/20k next year they'd be in big trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭xxxxxxl

They can get all the shells they like they cannot replace the lost artillery pieces and spent barrels. No one seems to be handing them over.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Rawr

The North Koreans themselves are sitting on a lot of decaying Cold-War era kit. Much like Russia has shown to be.

To their credit, Pyongyang have a knack of being good at keeping old Soviet kit in working order (they’ve been caught before smuggling MiG fighters from Cuba for repairs). But even that will go so far until they run out of usable gear. Also, they dare not say no to one of their few allies in the world, but eventually they’ll eat into stocks that were meant for a War with South Korea (which I’m guessing is looking increasingly less likely with Russia’s disintegration). Russia has the potential to sink NK with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,623 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

There's no liberation of the left bank, so I don't know what you're talking about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,623 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

There's a fundamental issue to why it's almost impossible for Ukraine to secure the left bank amphibiously at this stage. Logistics.

If you want to think that raising a flag in a swamp in the gray zone invalidates my statement, be my guest.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Russian airbase hit 1000km from Ukraine last night, several TU95 bombers damaged , ukraine recently tested a new drone with over a 1000 km range carrying a 75kg warhead,

This could be a game changer

• Registered Users Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

• Registered Users Posts: 17,570 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Could? Will!

Belgorod is no longer the most dangerous place in russia

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Only an incredibly stupid person could not know what he's talking about.

Don't see a full on landing happening myself anytime soon but as has been pointed out you let yourself down with your original tone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Cordell

Russian Orthodox Church should be banned in Ukraine simply because it's an agent of the enemy. And this doesn't affect religious freedom in any way, Orthodox churches are free to practice the Orthodox faith as independent churches, just as Orthodoxism prescribes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,513 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Just to prove RuSSia lives in their own little (they think is insulated from the real world and consequences) bubble.

We've had the sledgehammer to the head broadcast and the delivery of a sledgehammer to EU offices.

Now we have on social media the hanging of Ukrainian collaborators in occupied areas and the pictures shown with signs on their bodies warning to Ukrainians in occupied areas. Zero fukks given.

I won't show links. It's easy found. All it shows is desperation by the Rashist forces and more evidence to sink the sh1thole of a country back to their isolationist wishes.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mike3549

everytime UA hit something huge, ruskies lose their sh!t.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Hobgoblin11

Air defense is active in Dnipropetrovsk region amid new Russian missile attack

Dundalk, Co. Louth

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

Maybe they need to go really big next time and give Grumpy here something to worry about.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,520 ✭✭✭jmreire

So now, with Ukraine having developed its own long range drone system, Ruzzia can no longer play the NATO, we will start www3 card, Ukraine is free to fire at will? No NATO/US/ UK etc weapons being used.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭seenitall

They can play any card they want, that is so frustrating. If not that one, another made up one will do just as well. All arrogance, delusions, dissimulations and lies. While Ukraine under ruthless attack has to be seen to “play fair” and not do this, that or the other lest they provoke an escalation by the bear, hurt their international standing, and what have you. Ukranians are bearing up amazingly well under the double standards of this situation.

At least they are now striking more targets inside Russia so hopefully the situation is slowly changing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,467 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Those new drones only have a 75 kg warhead , there's a limit to what they can do,

although every airbase,and military facility out to about 1000km from Ukraine now needs air defence , pulling them away from the front ..

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Cordell

Russia blamed NATO and the west even though there were no NATO or western troops, so why stop now? They can still claim the drones were developed with NATO assistance, western know-how and components.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭greenpilot

Re: Airbase Blast.

Here is some interesting footage of the attack. You can clearly hear a Jet Engine riar overhead and, around 12 seconds later, the blast is visible. The engine sound may or may not be related, but as someone who spent a lot of time over the years around Mil jet engines, that sound lacks the high-pitch whine of a small, cruise-missile-type turbofan engine. I'll ask other aviation nerds on here what they think, but to my ears, that's a pretty powerful sounding either twin-jet or single engine on full mil-power. ( without afterburner).

Secondly, the latest Ukranian-developed drone, recently tested by Ukraine, carries a 75kg warhead. That blast, from what I can tell and what other observers have commented on, is significantly larger than 75kg.

Here's my theory. It's not beyond the bounds of possibility, that Ukraine may have launched either a Mig-29 or member of the SU- family, having converted it into a drone-ship filled with explosives. They have an excellent aeronautical engineering industry quite capable of doing this and it has precedence. Converted fighters were used extensively by the US for both as targets for missile testing, and for decoys/attacking during the Vietnam war.

I'm looking forward to finding out what really happened and what wreckage will be disclosed at the site.

What's your thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Hobgoblin11

Moldelectrica warns about possible blackouts across Moldova

Dundalk, Co. Louth

• Registered Users Posts: 13,943 ✭✭✭✭josip

I read somewhere that a fuel bowser was hit at one of the airbases which would account for the disproportionately large explosion.

A serious escalation by Ukraine... How are Ukraine able to get missiles/aircraft/drones so far into the USSR Russia without being shot down?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

The same Way they fly mission's into occupied territory everyday, Russia has the same holes in their air defense as everyone else,

Russia is huge compared to some countries they won't have the air defense systems covering every inch of their territory

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement