Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia - threadbanned users in OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,637 ✭✭✭jackboy

I would expect more large scale Russian retreats soon. They still occupy way more territory than they are capable of holding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

It's been made into a drinking game.

Take a shot sir 🥃

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,707 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

I remember decades ago reading science fiction that described what the RuZZians are doing in this bullet- give them a cell phone, track their movements and scream at them if they don't make enough forward progress. Amazing that's what's happening today.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

They are only short of putting an explosive collar geo-tagged with an approved advance corridor and a countdown around their neck, ala Wedlock!

Allegedly, Ukr is receiving a lot of artillery shells, yet not so many being used. Points to collecting for forces that will engage in a new offensive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,817 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 12,642 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Reports are that Ukrainian forces have gone quiet. Usually when this happens they launch another offensive and kick the sh*te out of the Russians.

Now I've no idea If they are planning something new or are they simply playing mind games with the Russian,

But one this clear, it's scaring the sh1t out of the Russians.

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,696 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Vladimer says I'm a bigger Baxtard. I say he's the bigger Baxtard.

Not sure if the tweet above is accurate in translation or not but it sounds weird. Sounds like Luka is trying to find a polite way of telling Putin off, while trying to stroke his ego that he himself is somehow on a par with him. Two fools heading for one fate.

This was in the replies to the above tweet.

Makes a parody of Putin using the cowards way of poisoning people.

Apologies to the sensitive souls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,490 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Where will this end?

Putin isn’t stopping, February offensive with 150,000 trained soldiers and maybe Belarus.

Are the sanctions enough to stop it?

Do they have the gear needed for an offensive?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Mike3549

Meanwhile in a "friendly" country of Syria...

Highly unlikely they have the kit and munitions to go full frontal against Ukraine again, Looks like the Ukrainans are gearing up for metiplol which could be huge compared to karkhiv and Kherson so far ,

Metiplol is the key to the end

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,718 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

More useless propaganda. Why even bother?

Same place as always, russian defeat.

Mass suicide, marches and heavily wooded/rural in border areas that Ukr has already well covered.

Sanctions are always a help, but they won't stop the war, they degrade russia's economy and industrial/military ability.

Rather, will the meat wave bullet catchers finally find a spine and rebel against their mafia slavedrivers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,093 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

..Putin postponed the date of the invasion of Ukraine three times - intelligence.

Russian dictator Vladimir Putin has postponed a full-scale invasion of Ukraine three times.

This was stated by the representative of the Main Intelligence Directorate of the Ministry of Defense Vadim Skibitsky in an interview with the German edition of BILD.

"According to our information, the attack was postponed three times, the last time in mid-February," Skibitsky says.

According to him, Putin discussed several times the date of the invasion with the chief of the Russian General Staff Valery Gerasimov and Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu.

"The FSB insisted on the offensive, they were convinced that they had prepared enough for the invasion. They invested huge resources and pushed Gerasimov to invade," the representative of the GUR said.

Politics of Ukraine

Interesting, though I was more expecting Prigozhin to be head of any list of Orcs pushing Putin into this.

Why Ukraine still does not receive weapons from the United States under Lend-Lease: an explanation from the Foreign Ministry.

Currently, the United States provides military assistance to Ukraine at the expense of funds, while Len-Lease provides for the receipt of assistance on rent, or at its own expense.

The United States is not yet transferring military aid to Ukraine under the Lend-Lease program in order to save the Ukrainian budget in the future.

"The advantage of this tool is the speed with which the US Administration makes decisions on a simplified procedure without excessive bureaucracy and the need to vote on each package of assistance to Ukraine in the US Congress. The disadvantage is that the volume of supplies of American weapons under lend-lease directly depends on the financial capabilities of Ukraine," Nikolenko said.

The US has once again lived down to my expectations. Apparently the lend-lease promise was a BS smoke screen to make it look like the US was doing more, or a mid-term election insurance policy, as they won't actually allow them to access it in order to preserve Ukraine's budget by continuing to only give them what they think Ukraine needs.

And here's cynical old me thinking it's so Ukraine is denied the ability to decide for itself what it 'needs'. No M1s for you boys, you wouldn't know what to do with it anyway; here, have another clapped out T62. Patriots? Sorry, we don't have any to spare, here's a couple cases of slingshots and ball bearings

This stuff reallly angers me as all these restrictions in wepons with lower capabilities, Ukraine pays for with dead civilians and troops. These are not no-consequence restrictions.

Post edited by cnocbui on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,352 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Are you sure? Is it not they are giving the stuff for free now as aid whereas under lend lease there would be a debt for Ukraine?

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

In Russia they're mad for the Ladas. You get the bang of inspiration of Clint Eastwood and Gran Torino off this.

These are the televised recruitment ads being shown.

Edit : if it's psyop's, it's psyop's to feel sorry for Russian people to prevent War from starting in Russia proper. Although if it's Russian eyes watching these you'd be seriously questioning the Kremlin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,949 ✭✭✭enricoh

Are the yanks happy enough for this war to keep ticking over for the next few years? An open sore for Russia, n Putin can't dream interfering anywhere else as a result.

Uncle Sam gets top dollar for it's gas in the meantime and arms industry going gangbusters!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭nigeldaniel

My take on the whole issue of Belarus would be a tad different from most.

I have my suspicion, that the Russian army station there is more likely part of a bolt-hole safe haven for Putin and his family, rather than an invasion of Ukraine.

Any serious involvement from Belarus in a Russian invasion would be an end to Lukashenko. That would pave the way for an Anti-Russian government to take his place. Putin has no benefit there. While some of those Russian troops might be sent to have a last go at Kyiv they would certainly fail. So why send them? Instead, if those Russian soldiers and their superior officers are 100% loyal to Putin [plenty of money to keep those guys happy, helps] then he would be safe there in the event of being toppled back in Moscow. Putin is certain to have a plan in place for that situation.

As long as Lucky Lukashenko stays where he is, he can continue to serve what would be in effect a Russian mini-state within a Belarus state. The Russian guys, as I am led to believe with some WMDs, would be hard to deal with even if Lucasheko was to be removed. Even NATO or the US would probably not get involved in such a situation. So Putin is safe or so on paper he would be.

Dan.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,617 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

While I think Ukraine is definitely going for a big offensive when the ground freezes I've heard that the operational silence is due to the uncharacteristically high temperatures meaning the ground has just turned to mush and halted both sides.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,501 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

I saw reports Ukraine may have advanced 5 km in the North just yesterday (as they were assaulting Soflivka) but absolutely the ground conditions have slowed movements for both sides.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,501 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Wait until it gets really cold

Russian milbloggers remarked on poor conditions for Russian forces along the Svatove-Kreminna line and noted that Russian soldiers deployed near Svatove are suffering from ailments associated with poor hygiene and first-aid practices in cold and wet conditions.[28] Another Russian milblogger claimed that the southern part of the Svatove-Kreminna line is “impassable” due to mud and fog.[29]

Russian Offensive Campaign Assessment, December 19 | Institute for the Study of War (understandingwar.org)

I wouldn't know, but since that's from the Ukraine Foreign Ministry, I'm happy to believe them.

I think you are misunderstanding - sure the US are giving stuff as 'aid', but they are also disallowing the Ukrinians from choosing to pay for things the US won't give them but that they might prioritise for their survival or for saving Ukrainian lives.

In other words, the US are indian givers - promising Lend Lease then yanking it.

(Actually I disapprove of the term Indian giver, as it's really the Americans who were 'Indian givers' breaking, annullling or altering every single one of the more than 500 treaties they ever signed with the indigenous people.)

At least they are being consistent with past practices.

Putin's bolt hole is Switzerland, not Belarus. His wife and their three kids all have Swiss passports.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,352 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Where does the Ukranian Foreign Ministry say any of that?

This is what they said:

The United States is not yet transferring military aid to Ukraine under the Lend-Lease program in order to save the Ukrainian budget in the future.

I'm not misunderstanding. You are not explaining. Your post content does not correlate with what was quoted, and you throw in added historical nonsense.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Well the US modus operandi since Vietnam has been to get others to do the bulk of the dying for them, so thats, possible, but I do think they would rather a quicker end for Russia, no matter how many dead Ukrainians it takes.

This man is on another level when it comes leadership.

Zelensky in bakhmut

Balls of pure brass

The Legend continues to deliver. Contrast with Putin and his cronies too scared to go near any active hot spot, looking out the window of a plane barely at the edge of the special area of operations.

Ha, ha - as I was saying:

Three Putin's planes take off at once to conceal his true route to Belarus

Slimy coward.

• Advertisement

Are you under the impression that what the US is giving them for free is the same as what would be available under lend lease, because it's not. The US is not giving them the lend lease stuff for free, they are only giving them a very restricted subset they have more control over in terms of capabilities.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement