Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia - threadbanned users in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭rogber

You really need to go back to your ESL class. He said the soldiers may not have been the primary target. Not that the whole thing was an accident.

Dumb & dumberer, interesting thread. 5% of the reason I post it is knowing it'll wind and swing a certain few, mea culpa - ahem.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,564 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Interesting thread… I don’t think West of the Urals Russians will put up with years of being cannon fodder.

I do think Russia will continue to lob munitions at Ukraine even if pushed back to Russian borders, but not indefinitely. Russia being A large North Korea isnt sustainable, imo.

• Advertisement

Ah you know Russians and smoking near ammo dumps

BTW, anybody getting Russian Radiator ads here? 😀

Well, I say Russian… probably from Ukraine.

The Grand Prix country club in Kherson oblast struck recently by Himars ,

No number on casualties but it's likely significant going by the damage

Losses over the last week for orcs have been pretty high possibly the biggest losses In a single week for the orc's in 300+ days of the invasion ,not including those lost in direct combat across the whole front....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,780 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Tom Clonan, the military analyst mentioned a figure of 30k Russian dead.

It's hard to see a 100k dead Russian soldiers. Injured would be at multiples of that. Not buying it is different to not wanting it to be so.

It is military aid that will end the war, not talk of "solidarity".

Most of Europe, especially heavy hitter countries like France,Italy, Netherlands, Belgium, Spain, Austria, rich countries with excellent military resources have given sweet fu67 all in terms of military aid or any aid.

Germany was shamed in to giving more but for the size of its economy its been recalcitrant. The poles have given 55% of the German figure even though their economy is only one sixth of Germany, as is the German figure is larger due to future commitments, whether they will materialize, who knows, the Polacks have been delivering already.

Without America, Britain, Poland and the little Baltic countries, Czech's, Slovaks the Ukraine would not be where they are now in terms of advancement. They would be fighting like hell and still out classing the chaotic Russian horde but much further West than now.

There is a marked reluctance in much of Western Europe to support Ukraine against Russia, and it's stark across humanitarian, financial and especially military aid. For most of Western Europe the cheque book is largely closed for Kyiv.

For example France have given 470million, the Dutch 240million in military aid. Pittances from 2 countries with exceptional armies and very large arms industries. France is often top 3 globally.

Post edited by Danzy on

It’s an awful shame they have to destroy their own country to eliminate the Orcs.

An unfortunate side effect ,

This is why since the first invasion 9 years ago the orc's post artillery systems,tanks and ammo dumps in high population centers,well knowing that the Ukrainans wouldn't take the risk to civilians to target them ,this time around they are doing the maximum damage with little collateral damage,

But I'm sure there's plenty of people around here who would be quick enough to blame Zelensky for any civilians killed

• Registered Users Posts: 5,801 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

It's certainly not the gist of it. You claimed even the BBC says the figures Ukraine give are wildly exaggerated.

The article actually states... Caution is needed wrt the figures.

Other media will add a tagline: although these figures cannot be verified etc...

Unless the BBC know the correct number, they cannot state Ukraine figures are wildly exaggerated, as you claimed.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,564 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

One of the first things the new Israeli government is doing is speaking to Russia, priorities and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭blarney_boy

This is the one thing that boils my piss about the Israelis, since the end of the second world war they've been bleating that 'we must never forget' and 'never again' but then when there's a literal genocidal war being waged in Europe they're suddenly 'what was that we must remember' and 'nothing to see here'

As some other poster mentioned about the Germans, they're incredible self serving / hypocrites / me-feiners

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

There's definitely one more mobilisation in Putin. I think the thing stopping him doing a massive 500k mobilisation is the cost involved and the drain to the economy losing 500k working age men. I can see another 300k mobilisation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

Have Israel supplied any weapons to Ukraine thus far?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭dennis72

Israel is protecting the large Jewish pop in Russia some are connected to families of those who have moved to Israel already.

I think a chief rabbi advised many to leave fearing nazi like treatment ahead.

They are supplying weapons to Poland for Ukraine and Intel on drones, it seems they, Israel are not but companies can AFAIK

On mobilisation I think it will be announced after celebrations finish on the 6th Jan

It will be an anti western save the motherland lies and Kremlin BS

If only the people could awake from there trance like subjugation and realise its just a land grab going horribly wrong.

Post edited by dennis72 on

• Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Israel is turning even more into apartheid South Africa than it already is. They are essentialy finished as a liberal western democracy with the new religious zealots appointed to all things security and able to ignore the constitution. Genocide of the Palestinians is on the cards. They have basically just implimented a policy where the Palestinians own nothing and it all belongs to Israel.

This is why they are swinging behind Russia, as they will just cheer them on and high five at every attrocity and mass extinction of Palestinians. Unfortunately the republicans in the US will support this as it was all part of Trumps MAGA world view and they know that supporting Israel will get them a lot of votes.

I'm begining to think the only solution for the US is one along the lines of the Pakistan and India split. All democrats move west of the Rockies and the repugnants west of the rockies all move East.

I wouldn't like to be Biden at the moment in having to think about US policy towards the new Israel and having my hands tied by the real politik in the US at the moment. History will look back on Trump as a sort of pin pulled from a grenade of history, a moron who meddled in things he had not the slightest clue about, gifting the zionists a green light to do what they have been champing at the bit to do for a generation.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Field east

was there a temp ceasefire during the Christmas period in the 1st or/and 2nd world wars? I wonder will Russia cal, for a ceasefire in respect of the Russian Orthodox Christian celebration on Jan 5th and 6th?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,010 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

So when did Clonan come up with this figure of 30K Russian dead? Last March/April?

Anytime I hear Tom Clonan in recent years, he reminds me of David McWilliams - just another hack spinning an angle and trying to make a few bob. Usually better at looking back in hindsight and say we should have done this, that or the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,456 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

Back in late August an FSB internal memo gave irrevocable losses at 55k if I remember right that is soldiers that were killed or would be er return to active service.

Historically killed to wounded was about 3-1. But wounded is defined as anything from a minor flesh would to a leg or arm shot off.

At best the irrevocable losses are 1-1 dead to seriously wounded. However we know that the Russian medical backup is pitiful.

But assuming it is 1-1 dead to critically wounded the death tolls mid august was nearing 30k. With winter and the Ukrainian advances would have significantly added to that. I be putting the Russian losses at 60k+dead and another 60k serious wounded. However that 120k+figure dead and seriously wounded could be split at a higher death ratio.

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 18,456 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

There is another factor preventing mobilisation they have nothing to arm new soldiers with. As well they will be running out of a professional cadre of junior officers and NCO's to lead them..

This is not the US where they can activate the a reserve and a National Guard which is fully militarized. If the Russians cannot keep fairly modern weaponry maintained there hope of maintaining army reserve equipment is highly unlikely.

All they can mobilize is cannon fodder

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭rogber

They clearly imply that the Ukrainians exaggerate number of Russian dead by claiming to kill dozens or hundreds almost every day, which is sometimes true and sometimes not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭cheese sandwich

I quite like Clonan but your comment is fair, there’s a bang of hurler on the ditch about him these days. I don’t know why we should take his back of an envelope guesstimates of causalities more seriously than NATO’s

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement