Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia - threadbanned users in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭Slava_Ukraine

How many pages will this absolute 3/4s be allowed to fill with sh1t before banned and allowed to reg again. Brain dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭junkyarddog

That is a hell of a lot of spent casings!

Interesting if true,and I'd be surprised if it wasn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Spot the MG42 not the first time they have been used to mow down Russians

• Registered Users Posts: 8,439 ✭✭✭jmreire

The reason it's so safe in the cities is the amount of police patrolling the streets.. you are in more danger from them than anything else. And they are not known for their kind and gentle manner, Micro income generating projects are more their line. The pubs and nightlife can be very good, the summers are very nice, and the winters are freezing, icicles falling from high roofs are a hazard in the spring. But the thing is, if you meet bad situation ie:- criminal activity, it can be bad and very bad, Mobsters there are heavily armed and ruthless. They're a class way above your ordinary decent Irish criminals. If your car is prone to breaking down, make sure that it does not happen in front of 3 or 4 car convoy of big black 4x4's with blacked out windows.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭vixdname

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Looks like the Orcs trying to be cute by firing that cruise missile across three countries, including Moldova, in particular, has just cost them Transnistria, in yet another next-level miscalculation. Love it, as Transnistria needs to be sorted.

Moldova is changing its approach to resolving the Transnistrian conflict, seeking to liberate the territory on the left bank of Dniester from the Russian occupation since 1992...Moldova now takes a 180-degree turn: its parliament has passed a law on separatism, which should lead to the criminal prosecution of the entire Transnistrian high echelon.

I have to wonder if the robustness of the new measures is designed to provoke a violent response from the Transnistrian elite and their Orc troop enablers, because an agreement has been quietly made with Ukraine on helping them deal with such an event. 1000-1500 Orc troops is about two days work for Ukraine on it's eastern front.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭junkyarddog

You forgot the link to your conspiracy theory or pro russian site

1 Soviet union doesnt exist anymore,anything before their existence is not valdid anymore,unless new agreements was signed,it was not.

2.Crimea was given to Ukraine in 1991,and have been so untill 2014 when Russia invaded.

3.Only reason why Russia wants Crimea is to block Ukraines access to the blacks sea,they are dependent on it,for their economy.

4.There is no pro western Goverment,they only wanted EU membership,but Putin didnt,so he gave President viktor yanukovych a deal instead,and thats when the troubles started.

And viktor yanukovych is also up for treason because he supported the seperatists in the east behind thousands of deaths,before Igor Girkin stepped in and gave them a helping hand and started the war.

5.Taters that opposed Russia in Crimea have been arrested and executed by FSB.

Try again

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Russia is preparing a coup in Moldova - Danilov

NSDC Secretary Alexei Danilov says that Russia is planning a coup in Moldova. In particular, therefore, she sent "Chechen" rescuers "to Turkey, who in the future may end up in Chisinau.

"We are now closely monitoring that it does not happen that these "rescuers" end up in Chisinau. We know their names and surnames. They had a personal task since February 24," he added.

This is getting more complicated and serious, and evolving in a way that is not unexpected but serves to justify the obvious idea that the Transnistrian problem needs solving soon.

I think it's time Ukraine sent a few troops to the border to inspect the fence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,802 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

Anyone hearing the Unreal Tournament announcer in their head shouting multi-kill.... Ultra-kill....

It must be a Russian thing is it ? You know, like when one of them spouts a meandering load of codswallop (Like Putin does during his televised 2 hour long speeches) and then in an attempt to try and make those unfortunate enough to be around them think they're IQ is indeed higher than that of a common Toad, they start quoting old poetry or quoting some old leaders ideological bullsh1t.

Sorry Comrade, it doesn't work with us lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,008 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

5 seconds is less than a minute.

Look, there’s no legal restriction on rt.com in Ireland, no magic trick to access it. I can access it simply by typing “rt.com” into the standard browser on my phone, tablet and computer, and hitting return. It is blocked on my work laptop - but so are loads and loads of other sites of all kinds. G Mail is blocked too. That’s the security software my company have installed. But my own devices that have no firewall or anti-virus software can access it no problem.

Maybe you have some security software that’s blocking it. For extra irony points, I hope it’s Kaspersky 🤣

The exhortation not to judge a book by it's cover, shouldn't apply to him. Looks like a thug and sure enough, got his start in life by almost killing a girl who had emerged from a nightclub and Prighozhin had a mate distract her by asking for a cigarette while he came up behind her and choked her till she was unconscious. Wouldn't surprise me if he had intended to kill her and thought he had. They then stole her jewellery, money etc.

Got to hand it to the soviet authorities of that time for catching him and sentencing to 12 years prison.

You will very soon hear a new announcement of aid to Ukraine aimed at winning the battle they are currently fighting and expected in the coming weeks - John Kirby

Tease.

Land sea or air?

🗣 The war is approaching its climax, and it may be very difficult for Ukraine in the coming weeks, — Bild.

“ The current weakness of the Ukrainian army is due to the lack of longer-range missiles. There are not enough weapons that could prevent the Russians from getting reinforcements and supplies. But long-range missiles supplied by the US will soon be in the hands of Ukraine.”

Which are? Do they know something more specific than the possibly 9 months away GLSDB or is it something else not previously revealed, that Kirby is likely hinting at?

UK being mentioning long range missiles (Storm Shadow/Harpoons) so I'd guess it's them and/or ATACMS.

They will be needed for a successful spring offensive and require minimal training (I'd expect zero training in the case of ATACMS)

I would have thought it unlikely Kirby would be foreshadowing something the UK was doing, so perhaps it's ATACMS. Good thing no one was so stupid as to neuter all the HIMARS launchers sent to Ukraine to specifically prevent them firing ATACMS.

⚡️ Russians are actively dumping water by opening the floodgates at the Kakhovskaya hydroelectric power station.

NPR published satellite images of the hydroelectric dam, which shows how quickly the water flows out. This is fraught with disaster at the Zaporozhye nuclear power plant. If the water level continues to fall, nuclear reactors will not be able to get water for cooling.

Providing aircraft to Ukraine is a sovereign decision of each state , - John Kirby, coordinator of strategic communications of the US National Security Council.

Good, that confirms that the earlier statement by a US ambassador was accurate.

Now the Netherlands are free to consider Zelensky's request for F-16s and don't have to seek permission from the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

The only realistic reason that Ukraine cannot use ATACMs in their HiMars is they simply don't have them,it's a totally separate cassette for launching,the Ukrainans can launch 6 missles at a time from their HiMars, ATACMs is a single launch container,that can be swapped out if and when needed

• Advertisement

That's not correct. The UK is free to give tornadoes, the French their Rafale, the swedes their Gripen etc.... They are not free to send other counties built aircraft, like the Dutch F16's as they are American.

You may remember the tank issues with the German Leopards or the Swiss Ammo?

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭20Wheel

Putin is a dictator. Putin should face justice at the Hague. All good Russians should work to depose Putin. Russias war in Ukraine is illegal and morally wrong.

Harpoon are from Boeing, so it could be the UK requested permission to send them to Ukraine and the US will announce it's approval etc...

I won't get into the HIMARS debate, nobody knows publicly how they were modified.

ATACMS costs 1 million $ per missile,GLSDB costs 40000$ per missile.

You can get 25 GLSDB for the price of 1 ATACMS

150 km range on the GLSDB is more than enough to break the russian command and control and supply lines,just like the 80 km himars rockets did.

And its more than enough to take out bridges as well

ATACMS is in production, they have them in stock. The GLSDB, there has been no definite date for delivery to Ukraine.

ATACMS has a much larger warhead and is ballistic, I'm not sure how well the GLSDB will do vs AA, but cheap and multiple launches would more than make up for it.... if it's in plentiful supply. 1X ATACMS now is worth more than 25x GLSDB 6 months from now though. I suspect the time frame will be much shorter than that though.

Range wise, Russia having to keep their ammo depots back 80km hurt them, 150km would cripple them, ATACMS range wise maybe overkill..... except for a certain bridge! But it's all down to time.

Maybe read my post again, I never mentioned non US aircraft and neither did Kirby. The original statement I was referring to was a specific question about the Netherlands being able to supply their F-16s and the answer was the same as Kirby's statement; that its up to the sovereign nations who have them to decide.

I haven't read or listened to the statement. But it would go against American policy to allow 3rd party countries to resell on US hardware without US approval. They don't allow it to happen for guns, artillery, tanks, IFV, missiles..... but for fighter jets.... they allow it? He's been misquoted or misunderstood.

Why does congress need to approve F16's to Turkey when the US government could technically bypass congress and give the Netherlands a wink and a nod to give their F16's to Turkey etc....

Easy to settle it as nobody really has a clue. Let Poland give Ukraine 1 pod with an ATACMS and see if it works on the US supplied HIMARS and if it works on the M270 launchers the UK and Germany supplied. I mean if they US modified UK and German M270's they won't have an issue approving Poland to transfer 1 pod to Ukraine. Or it could be a a washer welded on to the chasis so the ATACMS pod technically won't fit. Means the US can calm the Russian fear without neutering (as you say) the launchers etc...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭MudSpud

When did this movement happen? When did this massive "get them out" occur? WHEN?I 'd love to know

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement