Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia - threadbanned users in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

• Registered Users Posts: 8,439 ✭✭✭jmreire

Ok, Ok, Manic...calm down. Keep your hair on. Its a forum, not Bakhmut.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Wonky for me but then again when I clicked on the notification for this post I was dumped into consumer affairs an post thread

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭maebee

My thoughts exactly. Much easier to notice when there's two people sitting together.

• Advertisement

In truth I don't know where this is, and I doubt it's Bakhmut, but if it was, I can understand why they don't want to give it up.

Originally had an ACDC back in black soundtrack, but I had to strip it for copyright. Next time I see an appeal for Starlinks, I'm going to be wondering what they are really wanted for.

Hey Dacor, the Ukrainians are really suffering on the front line, send blankets.

Germany will deliver two more IRIS-T air defence systems to Ukraine next month. The head of the German Defence Ministry made a statement to this effect.

He also added that Germany was setting up production of ammunition for the Gepard self-propelled air defence system in order to supply it to Kiev.

Excellent news from Germany, well done.

I hope Swiss arms sales continue to plummet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭dinorebel

On an article in the Daily Mail about the blowing up of the Nord Stream pipeline this is the 3rd most popular comment.

'Welcome to the Davos Ro(&chields Demo n crat OBiden led depopulation of the Adamic race administration. Genesis 3.15+ 6.4. Same as they are doing to their own citizens - Ohio anyone? Rihanna in a Hazmat suit at Superbowl, Sam Smith dressed as a baloon at Grammy's? They knew about Ohio months before it happened too. Those performances take months to prepare so Rihanna was told well before Ohio happened. See DiBirdShow Obama Htler grandson, Ro*&schields. Also Corey Barbee on YT. This goes even deeper than money. Demo n crats are doing human sacrifices to their master in Europe as well as the US. And worldwide.'

Between Russian trolls/bot farms and gullible Americans we're all doomed.

Sorry it's actually a response to the 3rd most popular comment. But still getting a positive response.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,610 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭Homelander

I completely agree. But as per my original point it still boiled down to will to fight, in this particular case, the will to fight for a national Afghanistan, a united country. But it didn't happen, for the reasons you outlined. But the basic point remains - the Afghan National Army was more than well equipped and trained to easily repulse the Taliban. It just didn't happen because no-one bought into that Western vision of a unified country.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Fortunately, because of better targeting and more accurate systems, Ukraine does not need to fire the same amount of artillery as Russia, so it’s not really a valid comparison.

I would also observe that Russian ammunition expenditure is now a third of what it was a year ago, and is expected to drop further. They don’t have unlimited supplies either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭greenpilot

Dear Rossiya/ Aeroflot/S7,

I'm writing to inform you that your NCT is now due.....

Yes indeed. I Mentioned the looming issue of Western-built aircraft operating for Russian Airlines early last year. Some analysts predicted the gradual grounding of the multitude of Airbus and Boeing airframes, especially ones registered in Ireland and Bermuda. ( CH-AVIATION, I'm looking at you!), With a reverting back to Home-built Tupelov and Su's.

Well, have a good look at this picture, one year later. The majority of aircraft in this time-snap are Western aircraft operating for Russian carriers. Perfectly operational, no accidents, engine failures or Squawking 7777 to be seen.

Both Boeing and Airbus released statements last year banning the sale or provision of parts to Russia. To combat the shortage, the maintenance subsidiary of Aeroflot, A-Technics has been manufacturing some smaller parts from scratch. However, all aircraft must go through a rigorous testing program at certain periods during the airframes life. These tests are C Checks and the heavier D Checks. For example, Rossiya have 2 x 747-400's due for C-Checks. A-Technics have constructed a purpose-built hanger at Sheremetyevo, Moscow.

Aircraft such as the 777 and 747 family were previously sent to China for workshop visits. Now Russian carriers and even carriers from other countries, loyal to Russia, will have Western parts manufactured and aircraft maintained in Russia.

Will short-cuts in maintenance regimes and maintenance bulletins become the norm.?

All Western Aviation authorities have warned Russia that none of their Western-built aircraft, illegally maintained, will be permitted to operate outside Russian airspace.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭francois

More persistent bot nonsense, how long will you last this time?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭Field east

I do’nt know how this intensity of aircraft compares to a typical day pre Feb 2022. And, secondly, because of the sanctions, aircraft may not be checked for air worthiness as frequently as they should be and the required check standards applying. Also the use of second/spurious parts to keep the planes ‘going’. So , because of all of the above, should we expect a significant more planes being ‘ unintentionally grounded’ thann would be the norm. Will such statistics be easy to get - given how secretive RU is , especially when it comes to aviation matters?

Hmmmm..

Number of posts: 2

Time of post: 2.32am

Nothing suspicious about this at all, at all, at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,743 ✭✭✭zv2

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” — Voltaire

In fairness, I’m taking that to be a parody account.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭strathspey

Hey buddy,

Can you please also put up some links from your Telegram channels of orcs dying in the trenches or being blown apart from aerial drones. Love those.

Hello Mud,

I’ll give you one thing you might, just might, believe the rubbish you spout. And what you say is easy to refute, but what’s the point you usually ignore replies to you. So rabbit on there about how great Russia is and how weak NATO is, totally ignoring the reality of the thousands of deaths Russia is self inflicting on itself for every 100 yards of Ukrainian soil.

At this rate Russia will eventually get to Kyiv, but there’ll be 100 Russian women to 1 old Russian man left. And some of them are quite good looking, so the West will look after them for you.

RIP The Russian Federation, Long Live the vassal rump Russia gifting the West millions of Russian brides.

I submit that there is no end of videos steamrolling Ukrainian defenses because there is no start to them. You can’t have the one without the other.

Let me know when you expect them to reach Transnistria. A recent steamroller police chase in the US topped out at about 12km/h. A quick google indicates about 950km from the current front line to there. That’s about 80 hours at maximum steamroller speed. Let’s say cruise speed is 25% less, and we’ll add another 25% for maintenance, crew changes, etc… 120 hours. We’ll reconvene on, say, Thursday, and see where we are, right?

Mud by name, mud by nature. Your name will ALWAYS be mud around here,

As for your fantasies… whatever gets you through another day of Russian abject humiliation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭Curious_Case

Are you a bit dim maybe?

Ukraine is being reinforced by proper Western kit.

Russia is scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Also, the Ukrainians are not herd animals like the Russians, the Ukrainians are adept at independent thought.

The Russian "herd of herds" army could be sent over a cliff by a sheepdog.

I lived in Afghanistan for several years ( inc 2011, which was a a hectic kind of year ) and they are a grand people, and I have been privileged to meet some of the best people that I have ever met in Afghanistan, with friendships that live on to this day. But the further out from the cities, the more traditional it becomes. You have the village strongman, then the district strong man or men, then regional strongmen, and all of these strongmen will be tribal or clan linked, and at time at war with each other. This is the well tried System that Afghans are used to, and reluctant to change. The grand vision of a united Afghanistan as we know it here in the west and elsewhere, simply does not exist for the majority of Afghan's. They live in their own local world, and I've forgotten how many times when I asked about other people, I would be told " We don't know these people, they live in the next valley". In twenty years, the US were unable to change it, but still the changes they brought in, especially in education for women would down the road have changed Afghanistan. They just ran out of time. We live in hope that a better future awaits Afghan's, they deserve it.

Da Tovarisch !!!! Spassiba.🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Well you are right about one thing anyway, that there will be serious military rolling done in the coming months, but you are using the wrong word in who will be doing the rolling, its not Russia, its Ukraine !! And Yes, we cant wait to see it either!!! Slava Ukraini.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Economics101

It seems to me that OrwellRoadBot No9 is just taking the p*ss, and crudely parodying the real Putin supporters like glucosekid. But when you boil it down OrwellRoadBot makes just about much sense as glucosekid, which says a lot about the latter guy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

On artillery looks like the US are looking for General dynamics or American ordanince to produce 12-20,000 155 shells per month for ukraine.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement