Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia - threadbanned users in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Colonel-General Oleksandr Syrskyi, Commander of the Ground Forces of the Armed Forces of Ukraine and Commander of the Eastern Group of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, has visited military units of the Ukraine’s Defence Forces in the city of Bakhmut and its outskirts...

It is noted that Syrskyi has checked the situation in units, listened to unit commanders speak regarding problematic matters, assisted in resolving them and supported the soldiers there. He has also awarded the best defenders with valuable presents.

Hopefully he will be motivated to dig deep in finding more resources.

They don't have to be on the front line with GLSDBS you know this,

They have multiple HiMars that now can operate and hit targets at 150kms.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭Mike3549

Heres a post. It happened once more than 3 weeks ago and most people forgot about it. How hard was it to drop a link again? Sometimes you DO act like a child or a troll, "its there, go and find it yourself...", I thought we were having a civilized discussion here...

• Advertisement

There's a search function for a reason,

Just like Google that the same poster couldn't even find the most basic of information on something the other day

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭weisses

Here it is lads

Just to keep the discussion going

All i got from that link was that explosions were heard

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

Hungary is now signalling delaying Sweden and Finland’s approval to nato. Wish they’d get kicked out of the EU/Nato. Orban is another wannabe hard man with a itch ego

No someone will be along to deny it, because they can't get the basics right.

At least we know the search function works ,

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Perseverance The Second

It is now a question of how many men and material Ukraine is willing to lose in order to hold Bakhmut. As the Wagner success in Yahidne and the advance into Ivanivske is the Trap closing on the potential escape routes from the city.

• Advertisement

They aren't loosing the thousands Russia have lost and are losing week in and week out

• Registered Users Posts: 11,038 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

That's quite likely the case for Russian citizens living within the Russian state. I am referring to the moral obligations of all Russian citizens living without the control of this regime. In the EU, in the USA, in Ireland etc. They cannot be given a free pass to sit on their hands and they can play an important role in influencing family, friends, work acquaintances back in Russia. Yes, they may perceive risks in this for themselves and those in Russia, but sitting mutely on and watching their fellow citizens attempt to annihilate their neighbours is surely worse. This war can be fought in the minds of the people, not just on the front or supply lines.

Not a great week for Wagner only getting worse ....

Vuhledar again,these orcs don't learn anything,it's turned into a tank /bmp grave yard 💀💀💀

• Registered Users Posts: 13,708 ✭✭✭✭briany

The Nazis lost WW2 because they found themselves fighting a two front war against opposition who were pressing in from outside the zones of Nazi occupation, not because of resistance from people within the territory they controlled. If the Nazis had opted to consolidate the gains they had made prior to operation Barabarossa and not attacked Russia (at least not right away), I don't think that the various resistance movements throughout Nazi-occupied Europe would have amounted to an overthrow, given the system of repression the Nazis had established and the lengths they were evidently prepared to go to in order to rid themselves of peoples they thought 'undesirable'. And that's not just hypothetical - European colonisation of the Americas has shown that if you kill enough of the locals, their resistance to your rule will wain one way or the other.

I'm not sure what Russia would care for international opinion, even if it is just the opinion of those allies who in turn deal with the West, when you consider what Russia have already been doing to ordinary Ukrainians and the relatively limited blowback over it. Russia has already committed massacres in areas of Ukraine that it controls, or deported locals or just caused them to flee. In that sense, there is an - albeit geographically limited - ethnic cleansing/genocide already underway and international pressure has not isolated Russia to the point where they must change tack. That doesn't fill me with confidence that it would be any different if Russia were ever able to extend this over the whole of Ukraine as opposed to the southern and eastern fringes.

In response to this development, They blew a dam to try and throw a spanner in the advance.

Now we know why the big cheese was in Bakhmut today. I hope Ukraine's tank killing skills can be rapidly brought to bare.

True ,but yet the only weapons hitting being orc's lines are HiMars and Harms , just saying it they had any operational we we would be seeing them in the Open

Croatia has withdrawn 14 helicopters from the army and plans to provide them to Ukraine, - Jutarnji list.

Twelve Mi-8MTV-1 and two Mi-8T helicopters have now been withdrawn from the Croatian army.

"According to available information, several helicopters are now located on the territory of the aviation technical centre in Bolshoy Gorica, where its employees are engaged in all the necessary technical training,".

That's the spirit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,551 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I'm in Berlin at the moment and after passing the Brandenburg Gate, stumbled across the T72-B dumped opposite the russian embassy, turret pointing right at it. Complete with NAFO decorations. It allegedly was destroyed by a mine in a village near Bucha.

The entire 'FU russia' element on display was glorious

• Registered Users Posts: 12,405 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

seems to be confirmed on many fronts alright. Not good news at all. Probably 72hrs unless something drastic happens.

All Eyes On Rafah

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

The nazis lost world war two for a number of reasons, a few even before they started. Economically for a start(ditto for Japan). They quite simply didn't have the cash or manufacturing capacity to win and certainly didn't have what was needed to continue to occupy all the lands they did. Even if they did everything "right" I'd bet the farm they would not be running Europe today, or anything like it. The Soviet Union took and occupied half of Europe after the nazis, stamped down hard on dissent and resistance, even sent in tanks on more than one occasion and they still had to leave in the end. Throughout history empires only last when what they offer after the guns fall silent is better than what was there before, or at least not worse(plus in ye olde days, your average peasant's life didn't really change whether Olaf the Inbred, or Chinless Wonder the 3Rd was in charge). That isn't Mother Russia. Ukrainians willing to fight and die stopping them from taking the country illustrates that most clearly. These are not people who would just stop.

And yes Russia is/will be very aware of international opinion, especially among the "friends" they're trying to gather together for Cold War 2. Never mind among their home crowd. Quite the number of Russians firmly believe that Russia is "holding back" from all out war and "carpet bombing like Americans do!". Yes it's "cope", but enough of them actually buy this BS. If it comes to the point where they can't possibly deny Russia is genociding the Ukrainian "brothers" putin refers to them as... Well, even cognitive dissonance has her limits.

The colonisation of the Americas may as well be on another planet for the major differences involved. Very different times,a near constant flood of new people coming in, a people that were centuries ahead on warfare, weapons and manufacturing and the native population nosedived from disease and other more direct effects. They essentially lost over half their population very rapidly and didn't recover, all the while facing a vastly more technologically constantly advanced colonising foe.

That in essence was Game Over from the first Spaniard putting his boots on the beach. They won before they started, just like Russia lost the second they started.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,439 ✭✭✭jmreire

Aside for venting your anger here on Boards about these Russians "sitting on their hands" while their brother Russians slaughter Ukrainian men women and children, what would you recommend they do ? Because, there's a fair % of them are ardent followers of Putin. ( BTW, I agree with your sentiments) '

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I saw something on twitter where people were putting roses on the tank in Berlin, at least I think it was that tank? And footage of some people climbing on top and tearing down the Ukrainian flag. Here it is.

Now note the name of the tweeter. "What's the media hiding?" 😜 Like I said earlier Russia has been very good at getting these conspiracy peeps onside and like in Cold War 1, the Russians only loved the peace types, CND et al. Still, you had a bunch of what appear to be German peaceniks and a decidely dodgy looking bruiser type climbing up on said tank, tearing down the Ukrainian flag to some muffled cheers. They left the NAFO dog alone funny enough.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

I don't get why Russia keeps drip feeding their troops and equipment against heavily fortified Ukrainian positions. 20 tanks and BMP attacking places like Vulhader with a couple of Hundred troops. They all end up destroyed, dead or injured and retreat.

Why not just gather a months worth of attacks into one day and send 500 BMP and tanks along with 10k soldiers at the town. Surely they'd have a better chance of taking it? Their current tactic seems to play into the hands of Ukrainian defenders.

Am I right in saying Soledar only fell because thousands of Wagner's attacked it all at once overwhelming the Ukrainians and forcing a retreat after they'd run out of ammo?

@RoyalCelt Am I right in saying Soledar only fell because thousands of Wagner's attacked it all at once overwhelming the Ukrainians and forcing a retreat after they'd run out of ammo?

There was nothing left to defend or hold Russian artillery hammered it for months 24/7 , while in bakhmut and Vuhledar they are literally walking through open ground with no cover and getting anilated night after night.

Making zero sense,

• Registered Users Posts: 23,986 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Russian occupation of small pockets like Bakhmut aren't particularly relevant in the long term. When Ukraine puts together a multi-pronged armoured counter-offensive, under safer skies, Russian conscripts will be massacred and routed.

The Ukrainian forces are well trained, will be well equipped and have the strongest motivation known to man. All they need is to break a few strategic corridors and it becomes a mopping up exercise very quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,708 ✭✭✭✭briany

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Bitcoin

The pro orc propagandists are well and truly in force here.

There was one last night proclaiming the Bakhmut was in danger, but yet here we are and Bakhmut still stands.

Bakhmut has held, and will continue to hold!

Slava Ukrani!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement