Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia - threadbanned users in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭dennis72

Where Russia conquers its prepared to use its resources to further it conquests so Ukrainians have no choice kill orcs or face torture rape death.

Bakhmut or not, fighting for survival hope they succeed, slava Ukraine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

There are many. Just look at the posts saying that Ukraine should negotiate peace by handing over their land. That is blame on Ukrainians defending themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,708 ✭✭✭✭briany

"Has anyone stopped to considerrrr, to questionnnn, to ponderrrrr, to ask themselves in a humble and caring way that benefits not only themselves but maybe the entire human race and reinforces the deep, spiritual connection which bind us all together in the experience of being an animal with the self-reflect if, I dunno, MAYBE RUSSIA HAVE A BIT OF A POINT OR SUMINK!!!"

-- Russel 'Oh, matron' Brand (probably)

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Bitcoin

Looks like the Ukrainian reinforcements have strengthened the front lines and have driven back the orc advances.

Very telling that Prigozhin who was begging the Ukrainians to leave just two days ago is now completely dejected. Could be the realisation that his forces are spent and don't have the ability to go on any longer.

• Advertisement

There was a lot of disinfo from the pro-orc faction on here last weekend about Bakhmut falling.

A week later and we're still holding 😎

Just like they were giving it up last week. And the week before that, and the week before that, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,088 ✭✭✭threeball

I think he's making a play for weapons as he's in a significantly weak position once bahkmut is taken. His remaining use to Putin is almost gone and he hasn't a substantial enough army to protect him should everything go south. By threatening a withdrawal I think he's hoping for a resupply in lieu of holding the town. Losing Bakhmut now could be disastrous for Putin but its Prizoghens last card.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭weisses

Try to keep up

I'm pro Ukraine but we can do with less fanboism ... The source I posted is far from being pro-orc

• Advertisement

But no matter what you or he says

Bakhmut still holds ...

But , but,

Nearly forgot that the UK were sending AS90 self-propelled guns to Ukraine, soldiers from Ukraine are currently in the UK training on the guns ,

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

My take is he's playing politics as usual. He's looking for more ammo, more resources, more power for Wagner and trying to leverage/blackmail the Russian army/leadership to get it. "If I don't get more stuff, Russian lines will crumble and it'll be Moscow/the army's fault". It's a powerplay in my humble and the realities on the ground could have little to do with it. Indeed while taking Bakhmut would be a PR "victory" it could also be a damp squib for Wagner and him, because so long as they were trying to take it they had leverage for more ammo, more resources, more power. Defending a cratered moonscape isn't nearly as "sexy" or attention getting after the Russian flags go up.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,800 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

It shows that Russia has severe trouble taking a town in Ukraine, how will it have any hope with the cities in the 4 oblasts it claims?

Severodonetsk, how will Russia manage that, never mind all the other towns.

Front line has barely moved in a week, but yes, keep parroting the pro-orc propaganda.

It speaks to how badly Russia is led when the only man who has delivered some progress for them, is reduced to games and feints to force the delivery of needed supplies.

If Russia was even just poorly organized it would have half of Ukraine now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,155 ✭✭✭saabsaab

Me too. It was looking very bad for Bakmut last week, still is but there is hope. At worst they can do a fighting withdrawl and prepare a hot welcome for the invaders.

I'd be of similar opinion,he's not made any real progress except on the outskirts of bakhmut,it still doesn't make sense he's single handledly holding the Ukrainans back from the whole of donesk and Lugansk,the Ukrainans aren't even trying to them yet ,

Surely he knows if the Ukrainans decide to make a big enough push they will break through in various locations and his force won't be able to stop them,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭fly_agaric

I don't know if he's produced much "progress" really.

Seems like they can just be more brutal and wasteful in their tactics. It doesn't appear matter to Putin, Prigozhin or anyone else how many of these "Wagner" mercenary people may perish in the line of duty. They have to do what they are ordered to do, or they will probably be killed anyway, that seems to be the main advantage they have.

Am guessing Putin/leadership of regular Russian army might not quite want to return to the Stalin days of the punishment batallions and large numbers of NKVD loyalty troops literally holding bayonets to the backs of the soldiers in front of them doing the fighting. A wholesale return to that kind of stuff with entire Russian army (vs some mercenaries and ex prisoners etc.) could cause some explosions at home.

More on the captured manual for the new assault groups formed by the Russians,this goes some way to explain how to FIBUA , urban combat, taking building and movement in areas ,

While having a manual can help in a classroom setting as part of a broad training program ,but it's feck all use on the go with forces who have little or no infantry training/school before being dumped in Ukraine, especially if they don't have the experienced NCOs capable of running the show on the ground,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,439 ✭✭✭jmreire

Where have I said that every single Russian is the same? I've lived in Russia, and have many friends there. And for sure they are not all natural born murderous killers, and under normal circumstances you would not hear a peep out if them. But Putins Russia is far from normal by any standard's, and when Russian's young or old are forced into his killing machine, that changes. Then as we have seen, they rape, murder and steal, and a bullet is the best solution. If a few bears escaped Dublin Zoo, and went on a deadly rampage of death and destruction, the best and quickest way to stop them is to kill them. And that's what Putins bears are doing in Ukraine, and the solution is the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,801 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

I agree, but what would you suggest that should have been done? Declared war on Russia when they attacked Grozny? Now that would have stopped Putin in his track's, for sure, but why was it not done? Same with Georgia and after the Litvinenko poisoning. Only now is an attempt being made to stop him. Maybe something to do with the perception that up to now Russia had the biggest and best military in the world after the US, plus they "Had the Bomb"?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. If an elephant has its foot on the tail of a mouse and you say that you are neutral, the mouse will not appreciate your neutrality." Desmond Tutu

The Orc embassy in Dublin is their main intelligence hub for western Europe, which doesn't just gather intelligence to help the Orcs Marinkafy communities in Syria, Ukraine - everywhere their fithy black Orc hearts have an interest in - but also performs more sinister functions, like acting as a base from which actual operatives work from and go forth to do evil, like that Cork cow in Australia. The government just lets it all happen as if their and Ireland's 'neutrality' is something admirable and that the activities enabled by that embassy are worthy of protection and succour.

IMO the Irish government isn't neutral, but is actually complicit in evil by enabling it and turning a blind eye to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭SlowBlowin

Totally agree with the bear scenario. I think the difference between us is after the event, I would say it was a tragic that the bears lost their life and the real issue was how they escaped in the first place.

I have always said Russia should be evicted from Ukraine, and the drip feed of weapons to Ukraine should be accelerated. But posters disagree with me that the loss of human life is tragic.

Gorbachev was by far the nicest Communist leader in Russia, he over saw the killing of 2.5mn in Afghanistan and unknown more in the Soviet Union.

Putin could only dream of the control he had, Russia will never go back to the savagery of pure Communism, even with a Putin victory.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

How's that stupid argument go, Ukraine don't need fighter aircraft, they don't understsnd the practicalities of war and would just waste them by having them shot down during the course of using them.

During the fighting between the trees, you can see not only Ukrainian helicopters, but also our Su-27 supersonic fighters

Yes, but the killer for Prigozhin was that try his hardest, he was unable to hand Bakhmut to Putin in time for the anniversary "Celebrations". Would not surprise me either if the regular Russian army leadership deliberately hindered him at every turn. There's no love lost between them. And this story, like Bakhmut is not over yet either.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,053 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Those kind of people all seem to tick the same boxes. They hate the US, most having "I stand with Palestine" on their Facebook pages, and believe in all kinds of conspiracy theories. I haven't come across one yet who wasn't an anti-vaxxer, and anyone criticising them gets accused of only getting their facts from the "MSM", yet they don't tell people where they get their "facts" from. They also like using the word woke. They probably participate in all the anti-migrant marches, and still support Trump, even though he was the president of another country, and whose only connection to Ireland was Doonbeg.

I think there might be some other boxes ticked that I can't recall at this moment. 😐️

• Advertisement

Even IF they lose Bakhmut to the Russians, thats not quite the same as saying Ukraine has lost the war...far from it!!, just remember where Ukraine was this time last year, now that was really bad, almost hopeless in fact, consensus was that in a few days or week's at the most, the war would be over, and Putin in control. Yet look at what happened, and compare then with now. They are in an infinitely better position, while Russian has lost nearly 50% of the territory it once held, post invasion. All the naysayers and doomsday prophesizing has come to naught, and Ukraine will win and Putin will be defeated in the end.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement