Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia - threadbanned users in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,339 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

If it hasn’t done anything after 3 years what do we expect at this stage??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,684 ✭✭✭flutered

it seems the list of passengers they gave, was of pows who were exchanged the last time

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Yeah but again it's all coming from social media accounts who likely have no access to any kind of genuine information , we talk about Russian propaganda and misinformation being huge but there's an awful lot of misinformation and false information being put out there by so called pro Ukrainian accounts some it's unintentional and people are looking for likes and subs but there's other out there who are posting a lot of false information but then attacking genuine Ukrainian accounts that say we've had a bad week or thing's aren't going great,theses are people who are coming out of trenches after 8-10 week's under constantly under Russian fire ,but some numpty with a keyboard in England, EU states or even here know better

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Mike3549

But there are videos of the crash site. No signs of the bodies, well just 2 bodies, prob pilots. If there were 60+ pows, there should be bodies everywhere

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Mike3549

You see a tiny section of the debris,did you notice any missiles or parts of missles on the ground because it was supposed to be full of S300 surface to air missles?? no and for the exact same reason

Adviika in the news again Russian forces managed to bypass Ukrainian forces and Artillery by moving through underground tunnels appearing from being Ukrainians lines and capturing more ground

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭gw80

• Registered Users Posts: 8,454 ✭✭✭Markcheese

In the last election , after 4 years of trumps bullshit he finally got more votes than hillary did in the previous 2016 election .

In fact he got the second highest popular vote in US history..... Its just Biden got the highest popular vote ,and the electoral colleges ..

This time around Trump doesnt take any blame for the last 4 years - + he still has his maga loopers support and the republican party proper,

Biden as sitting president takes responsibility for everything thats happened in the last 4 years - and will he be able to muster the anti-trump vote ?, again . And everything and anything he does during this year ahead will be spun

Tricky year for ukraine ..

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,308 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I know it'll be contested by bigger buffs than me, but IMO a large part of why the German war machine lost WW2 - aside from the political interference by a former private calling the shots - was because it kinda ran outta oil; hard to keep all those superior tanks & planes running when you fail to take (or hold onto) any oil-fields of note - or indeed have a good supply of the stuff either. IIRC post D-Day Germany was running on fumes.

Point being. Maybe with all the talk of WW2 by Moscow, Ukraine opened their history books and had a spark of inspiration; realising that if they start attacking Russia's ability to fuel its war machine, things might shrivel up fast enough; so that combined with the death toll creeping towards half a million[*] on the Russia side, would suddenly make the war look exponentially harder to maintain.

Oh and as for the Adviika pearl-worrying, no more than in Bahkmut, let Russia throw meat into the grinder for what has been reduced to rubble. you can debate the strategic value of "losing" the town, but as with everything else Russian in this war if the cost was truly Pyrrhic - who actually won?

[*] Do we have any reliable info on how many have been wounded and are beyond front-line material?

Yes wouldn’t say it will be too long until it falls. Russia seemed to be making headway on totally encircling it.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭eoinbn

I doubt that is the plan - it's to hit Putin in the pocket. The German army was far larger than the current Russian army and they were still able to supply their tanks/planes for much of the war with limited supplies. Hitting certain facilities closer to the front line might cause some short-term supply issues but I don't see it being strategically important.

The timing is curious - just as US aid dries up Ukraine starts hitting the Russian energy sector. I wonder if there was an agreement of aid that it wasn't to be targeted? Americans don't like rising energy prices - especially in an election year! Now they will need to do a lot more damage for it to become an issue but I think it is Ukraine's only hope at security a good peace agreement.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 victorfranco

I don’t see how the size and population of Russia is an issue. In fact I don’t get your point. Russia is the largest country by size with a population of 140m…..and? Canada is the second largest country. A little over half the size of Russia yet with a population of about a quarter. Australia is a little under half the size of Russia but with a population of maybe a fifth or sixth.

again, what is your point?

And yet the Russians have got past the Ukrainian lines ted

Well Ted you'd know More about false claims than most,

And I've made no false claim on this thread or any other thread

• Registered Users Posts: 11,022 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

Where is @greenpilot when you need them, great for info on tracking aviation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Virgil°

And I've made no false claim on this thread or any other thread

That actually gave me a good chuckle. Putting aside your overall posting history. I can think of a couple of instances in the last few pages alone. Not forgetting that you were actually removed from the thread previously for making up absolute nonsense and then arguing the toss like a teenager with memes and pictures when shown beyond a doubt to be wrong. Only difference now is you've clearly been instructed not to engage in the latter.

It's practically what defines your posting style.

No sure he can shed light on people squiggling on google maps showing this is where this aircraft was actually flying too when they had zero information on the actual flight plan

• Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭macraignil

Same claim was made a few months back when some moskovytes planted a flag on a slag heap near Adiivka which was then followed by footage of the same flag being removed by Ukrainian armed forces. Around the same time the moskovytes reported advances and then there was a report from the Ukrainian side that they had actually pulled back from one area to allow putin's forces enter what became a kill zone as the moskovytes took up an indefensible positions where they were quickly eliminated. putin has been trying to take Adiivka for about ten years now and in spite of what might be posted on pro putin social media accounts I suspect they are no closer to achieving their planned conquest after the fighting over the last few days. There are good figures for elimination of moskovytes over the last few days so I think it is likely that putin is not slowing down and maybe has stepped up on throwing meat into the meat grinder there:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 victorfranco

…..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,741 ✭✭✭zv2

Apparently 85% of Russian tanks have been destroyed.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” — Voltaire

Is that counting the T34s that they are likely to be relying on soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Virgil°

I've been seeing these absolutely abominable artillery kills the past few days.Three to four days in a row all nearly 60. That's an absolute artillery genocide. Wonder what's happening there

Not true at all and no I wasn't removed from the thread for that either,

But being your not a mod ,so you literally made it up ,

2 for 2

Its amazing putin's forces still have that many artillery pieces to use. Maybe they have got fresh guns in from North Korea and it is not just the ammunition that they have been getting from there. I'd guess the talk of a shortage of western artillery munitions from the media have made them a bit braver to make use of them and so give away their position to allow the Ukrainian armed forces to eliminate them. I think it is very unlikely that the true levels of weapons supply is being made public and lots of what we see reported is designed to dupe the other side into actions that in reality suit those initiating the miss information. If putin has sourced artillery systems from North Korea or Iran they may also be older designs that are within easier range of Ukrainian counter battery fire.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement