Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia - threadbanned users in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,434 ✭✭✭jmreire

Ok Harry, I found the post you were talking about, and sorry to disappoint you , but its perfectly innocent, its from 11.08.2021, and goes like this:

Quote: Has anyone travelled to Russia recently, or is planning on visiting there in the near future? If some one has already been there this year, what was the experience like? Are Visas a problem? Airport customs, passport control etc. what advice would you give to a prospective tourist? Unquote.

So I'll try to explain it to you Harry. Its been a few years since I was there, but I was kinda thinking of going back to visit old friends, plenty of invitations anyway, but under the present circumstances , I think I'll pass. And I was trying to find out what has changed since my last visit. Now for anyone who has visited Russia in the past, my post would make perfect sense. The Red Tape is unbelievable.. Get everything right document wise, check double check. . Its not funny if you arrive at passport control in the airport in Moscow, and only then discover your documents are missing a signature or stamp. And just because it was handled in a certain way, last month, there's no guarantee it will be the same this or next month. For a first time visitor it can be quite a daunting experience. But maybe it has changed now, ( or got worse given the present situation...)

And now I ask the same question again, any boardsies visit Russia recently? If so what was it like? Visas difficult to get? Any new restrictions in place? Any advice? Attitude changes to foreigners etc.? All comments etc welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,773 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

It may be scarce mongering but Russia chose that area for very specific reasons, namely what's under water and the sheer volume of shipping traffic.

The scare mongering is the exact message Russia want to convey.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,042 ✭✭✭patnor1011

If Putin had a time for little entertainment he just should read this thread and watch our resident experts warmongers getting their knickers in a twist debating imminent invasion and WWIII he would be like...

Meanwhile russian and ukrainian finished talking and it seems they agreed on something. How come that nobody told them WWIII is coming?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,773 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Russian leaders are far more competent than the modern Western ones.

Most of Russia is stagnant, poor and brutal, in ways we can hardly imagine.

Personally I think Putin is playing a good hand and view him as far more competent than his opponents.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

So the people concerned about the spectre of war are the warmongers, and Putin, the man directing the threats and military buildup is...awesome? (help me out here)

This thread has brought out the lunatics. I never knew we had such a column of Putinistas in Ireland - the wifi in John of God's must be unreal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

He would be thinking only in Ireland would he find so many people willing to defend and promote his propaganda and he didn't even have to pay them or recruit them through a welfare scheme

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Snooker Loopy

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Black Noel

The yanks are on his doorstep.

How would the US react if Russia or China were sending missiles etc to Mexico?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Amazing that none of the anti-russian politicians in the media have ever suggested a fully verified referendum for Crimea, Luhansk and Donbass. Is it because they know what way the result would go?

Russia doesn't need to rig any referendum in Crimea or Luhansk. It would be a clear winner. Donbass is a bit more divided. But this whole hoopla would have been easily avoided only the "democratic world" are suddenly forgetful of the whole democracy thing.

Our own government are giving it the large one (usually Coveney positioning himself for his next job) about respecting international borders. Considering we have our own territorial dispute on our island, you would think the right to self determination would be high on the agenda.

You nailed it. This thread brought out rusophobic lunatics who spend way too much of their time playing call of duty and somehow think that this "experience" make them competent to add their 2 cents of nonsense.

"Spectre" of war 🤣🤣🤣

You start losing it. Since I was chastised for not using english correctly I have to correct yourself - if you do want to scare people properly you should say Specter not Spectre.

• Advertisement

Maybe if the US was dismembering Mexico state by state and the President was calling into question its sovereignty Russian missiles might seem like a good idea. But they aren't, so I don't think that's on the cards really is it?

Lol. So Brandon and BoJo are being on lowest approval ratings and under investigation so obviously they had to bring in some distraction. Russian card never fail and Russophobes like you went in all the way... hook line sinker...

Should there be a referendum for Eastern Estonia? Northern Khazakstan?

You were given the Russian government account of the illegal Crimean referendum earlier in the thread. 30% turnout and barely over 50% of them voted to join Russia in a vote boycotted by non-Russian ethnicities. Hardly a ringing endorsement for the annexation is it? So we know 15% of Crimeans were in favour, but that's about the extent of it.

But yet 110% of the population voted to join Russia

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭Harryd225

Or maybe some people try and look at the situation with a level head rather than jumping on the American and British bandwagon of this Russian boogeymen crap, I find it hilarious the way the yanks and Brits go on about the Russians when they have been doing far far worse and caused much more hardship around the world in the last 20 years than the Russians have, I just can’t watch the news with a straight face anymore.

No one is in favor of Russia here, they just see the hypocrisy of the west and the gullibility of some of the posters on here who will go along with any narrative they are fed through the media.

They carried the one when counting. But shur happens to the best of us.

It was the Russians who moved 100,000+ soldiers to the Ukrainian border ....

Not America and not nato

And somehow your blaming the Americans

@Harryd225 No one is in favor of Russia here.....

Bahaha 🤣🤣🤣

Yeah right. Meanwhile all the rest of sane politicians know this Brandon&BoJo posturing is just exercise in stupidity.

You failed to realize that but that does not surprise me at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Yes to both. A lot of border disputes can be resolved that way.

If the Ukrainians were confident of winning they would have proposed it and had a proper referendum, instead of the sham ones that took place

• Registered Users Posts: 8,434 ✭✭✭jmreire

I spent several years there, at different times, last time was about 8-9 years ago. I completely agree with everything you have said. and as I mentioned in my post, I was thinking of going back for a holiday. But not at the moment, obviously. Did you use Sheremetyevo or Domodedovo airport? And what was it like? Red Tape still as complicated as ever? Domodedovo was moving ahead a bit last time I used it. But the people are fine, just brush up on your Vodka drinking skills.....Oh, and if you are looking for a wife..... LOL. there's a lot of posters here on Boards voicing their opinions about Russia, but unless you have actually visited it and lived there, you really don't have a clue.

They had no choice ,they gave some autonomy ,but they didn't give Russia the right to come in and annex it

Righty oh. You think Russia should agitate to cleave territory from an EU and NATO state because there's a minority of Russians there.

This thread is doolally in a serious way. Putin, his fellow travelers, and the whackadoo merry band of malcontent cheerleaders in the West are the greatest advertisement for NATO membership possible. If the Treaty didn't exist you'd have to invent it, because the sentiments and values being expressed are completely coocoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Ukraine is not in NATO or the EU ................ you cabbage 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 17,892 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

They certainly seem intent on rattling their main (oil and gas) clients. Not sure if that's the best long term plan for a kleptocracy with a GDP lower than Italy's, a third of which is from said oil and gas.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭cheezums

Appears to be some fake news doing the rounds about Bidens call with Zelenski earlier today. The story is biden was telling him invasion is imminent and kiev could be "sacked" with zelenski angrily disagreeing and telling him to calm down. Official white house account is nothing like that, a fairly tame discussion on ongoing negotiations with russia.

• Advertisement

Take a re-read of the exchange again child of grace, the Russian minorities of Estonia and Kahazakstan were mentioned re: referenda. The tulip answered in the affirmative for both.

You're conscious that Estonia is both an EU and NATO member right? Derp dee derp. You lose Elmer Fudd.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement