Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia - threadbanned users in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭Polar101

It is definitely deluded. There is a reason why (with the exception of Belarus and Transnistria) all European ex-eastern bloc countries look to the west, and not Russia - the collapse of the Soviet Union was a good thing. No-one outside Russia wants Putin's recreation of a Soviet/Russian empire to happen, everyone's moved on and the countries to the west of Russia are now democracies. Also, just because they had an empire before doesn't grant them a god-given right to act like they still got one.

To me, Putin's actions aren't any different to if Queen Elizabeth suddenly announced, "right, we're restarting the British Empire. First, we'll add Ireland, then Australia, then Canada, and then the USA". No-one would say "well, she was provoked by the East, so she is within her rights to act".

That is why Putin needs to be stopped. Hopefully he doesn't destroy his great country before that happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭paul71

Thats a list of facists and communists, FFS Golden Dawn in there. Well done Mick and Claire you are 1930s politicians.

Anyone have a list of the 26 abstentions?

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭cubatahavana

if this is the case, with people living outside Russia thinking like this, what are the chances of people living within Russia to oppose Putin?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Our government, and whether you like them or no,they are our Irish government support Ukraine in its war with the Russian invaders. IMO, and I have to be careful as I received a warning already, those who do not condemn putin regardless of their nationality should be treated as enemies of our state.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭gzoladz

Very interesting contributions from you sir!

Are you referring to Russia attempting against the communications infrastructure, impacting the West?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭greenpilot

There is a third option. Ukrainian forces begin a pushback and begin to take the upper hand.

There seems to be a lot of activity on the ground and in the air over and around Ukraine that we, as ordinary citizens, are not aware of. But there are many clues.

The OSINT Community are seeing signs that it may be possible for the Ukranians to take full advantage of Russian difficulties. NATO and USAF aircraft are feeding enormous amounts of data to the Ukranian armed forces on troop movements. The West have supplied and trained the Ukranians to use Western compatible encrypted Data and Communication equipment over the last few years.

It's highly likely, as one poster mentioned earlier, that a move against the large military column will happen very soon. If that does occur, the game is up for Russia.

Exactly, and thank you. I'm really surprised, as I mentioned in another post, that the data cables off the West Coast are not being monitored or at least inspected in and around the area where both the Russian research vessel, the Vantar, was working or the naval exercises took place. What if, hypothetically speaking, they left something behind. The ace up the sleeve.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,907 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Plenty of evidence the Russians are using cellphones and off the shelf retail radios to issue commands. All of them unencrypted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,244 ✭✭✭Gusser09

Ok ffs. Time for the world to say enough is enough. The Russians cant be let act with impunity using the thinly veiled threats of nukes to push their way around. Lets give the Ukraine some proper help in the form of troops and planes.

#fuckrussia

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

I was reading that conscripts get under $25 a month for their required year whereas those with a 3 year contract get over $1000. That hardly helps morale.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,424 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

On that. Is there any confirmation on the reported reclamation of an area in Donetsk previously held by separatists?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭rolling boh

Think it's highly unlikely Ukraine have the bodies to push the Russians back much as I would love it to happen .Putin will unleash whatever he has and that is a lot . Still hoping against hope he is stopped but am pretty worried for the people of Ukraine .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

The Americans must be looking at that convoy sitting there thinking feck we could take out most of Putins army in 20 mins.

Will they ever get a better chance?

Must be very frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

There needs to be investigations into people and lobby groups at least. It was found that there were Gazprom funded lobbyists who were funded to try and get countries to abandon nuclear.

Russia were also siphoning money to fund Anti-Fracking campaign's

With the exception of 2-4, I don't think any Irish politicians have been compromised by Russia. But there are NGOs constantly in the ears of government politicians in regard to Green issues. We abandoned our own gas exploration. We shut down our power production plants. We banned turf burning and then proceeded to import it from Latvia because it was too soon.

Everything was too soon. The push was hard. We could all see it was too soon. Except for politicians who were getting lobbied hard.

And I haven't even mentioned the dodgy stuff that the former German chancellor was doing with Gazprom. It's all there for Gerhard Schroeder.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

I have a feeling that convoy will be in smithereens before the day is out.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,405 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Me too and I couldn’t agree more- in fact they ARE enemies of our state. Nothing innocent or misguided about these people whatsoever

Apparently the 95th Air Assault brigade captured the town of Horlivka, normally under DPR control. No confirmation as yet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

It makes some sense if Russian soldiers have been kept in the dark or lied to about their mission.

Some have already shown that when confronted with the truth, that they are not on a training mission, not supporting 'repressed' separtists in Eastern Ukraine, not being welcomed with open arms for liberating Ukrainian people and they are not willing to play part in an unprovoked all out war on Ukraine including the killing civilians and indiscriminate bombing of population centres.

Some ground forces have stopped and turned back when met by unarmed local people blocking their way protesting against the invasion.

Artillery barges and missile attacks avoid face to face meeting with the people they are attacking. It is easier to sell a lie when you prevent your army from seeing the truth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭eggy81

I assume by educated you mean “ Death to Russia. Nuke the dictator. **** the Russians”

That sort of thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,184 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

I was listening to a woman on LBC the other day and she got a call form her grandparents in Russia who told her everything was going to be OK, the Russian military are coming to rescue them. She told them about the invasion and they didn't know what to think.

She said they are decent, working class Russian people, not very educated and they only know what they're being told.

I'd imagine the ones with access to foreign news are more likely to have a view that matches us. But i spoke to a mate who is a doctor in a hospital. A Russian colleague said that Ukraine IS part of Russia and Russia sending the military to Ukraine is like the Irish army going to Galway. This was about 3 weeks ago and she went to Russia on holiday between then and the invasion so she hasn't come back yet.

Russians have different opinions on whether Ukraine is independent or not. The ones who answer a vox pop are likely to say the 'right' thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭GM228

See page 158:-

Fragkos, Annemans, De Man, Haider, Mariani, Mayer, Vandendriessche, Vilimsky, Bay, Buschmann, Collard, Konstantinou, Pirbakas, Rivière, Sonneborn, Uhrík, Barrena Arza, Björk, Botenga, Ernst, Georgiou, Konečná, Michels, Pineda, Rego, Scholz

Broken down as:-

Greek Solution (Greece)

VB (Belgium) x3

FPO (Austria) x3

R! (France) x4

Die Partei (Germany)

L'SNS (Slovakia)

Independent (elected as part of Golden Dawn) (Greece)

Independent (elected as part of Tierschutzpartei)(Germany)

Independent (Elected as part of RN) (France)

Sortu/EH Bildu (Spain)

Podemos/IU (Spain) x2

Left (Sweden) 

PTB/PVDA (Belgium)

Die Linke (Germany) x3

AKEL (Cyprus)

KSCM (Czechia)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭gzoladz

Thanks for that, that would be devastating and it would be shocking if the West is not considering that option!

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭vimalandrew

When I listen to my home Indian media, they are saying that Selensky and current Ukraine Regime is CIA orchestrated.

How US benefits from Russia's Ukraine invasion.

Us Natural Gas exports to Europe will increase.

Russia's natural gas exports to Europe last year 199 Billion. 81% of its total exports.

Due to Uklraine crisis, Russia's exports will decline by 72.6 B.

US Natural gas will fill that gap. with a produiction capacity 1 trillion annually, Us is looking for more buyers.

Dollar will be strengthened.

As europe will be no longer considered safe.

Since EU countries joined sanctiones against Russia, bilateral trade will be shrinking. But Us does not have to worry because

Russia-EU trade 282 Billion (35% of its total trade)

Russia Us Trade ( 34 Billion)

Substantial Profits for US arms trade inductry

More and more countries providing weaponbs to Ukraine.

Germany is going to increase its defence sepnding by 100 Billion

• Registered Users Posts: 19,405 ✭✭✭✭road_high

India and their so called media are a disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Botrys

Ukraine ❤️

No need to declare captured Russian tanks, other equipment of invaders as income – NAPC

https://interfax.com.ua/news/general/804441.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,942 ✭✭✭Bigus

I agree with above

looking at the bigger picture , I think there’s a lot more going on in the background than people realise.

The whole western military is focused on this and helping the Ukrainians with every resource they can without putting boots on the ground .

Probably a huge amount going on now that we’re not even aware of.

I say this because I was on a UK forum (piston heads )at the start of this conflict, and the amount of help NATO were initiating that some ex military guys were linking was quite incredible . Various links to flight radar in all the neighbouring NATO countries and descriptions of what was flying how it was being refueled and detailed descriptions of actual ground weapons supplied . Turns out NLAWs are made in Belfast (cheaper javelin anti tank shoulder held anti tank)

i actually thought there was too much info which would actually help the Ruskis, unfortunately for my titillation these guys have all rightly gone quite on details now, but you can still get the big pictur.

TLDR: The whole world is going to band together in eliminating the threat from criminal thug Putin especially after been threatened universally,

It might not be today or tomorrow, but him and his cronies are finished, and in the meantime the poor auld Ukrainians will be helped in anyway possible to endure, until the Putin house of cards collapses .

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Oh I still say he's quite sane, I never said he wasn't a power hungry dangerous prick who fancies himself a czar of Russia. And sadly enough Russians believe, even want him to be just that. One thing I've noticed down the years is the Irish and Russians have one thing in common; an odd mix of immense pride in their country and being from there, coupled with a serious insecurity about it too.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement