Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia - threadbanned users in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,434 ✭✭✭jmreire

Apologies for the confusion, Felix relates to a conversation I was having with MFPM about Russia, and his knowledge of it. So any Russian or anyone with a smidgen of Russian History would know straight away which Russian Felix I was talking about. He was a monster, and he made many bones, and the music that went with it, from every form of torture you could think of. Google Iron Felix for more info.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭TheTruth89

Your arguements are getting picked apart on here and yet your still banging that drum I can only assume you are trolling.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

They use hot tents , heavy duty tents with small to large wood or fuel burning stoves for cooking and heating ,they can be pretty comfortable even in silly minus conditions ,and the majority of the Russian military are not known for having their creature comforts ,

They could easily stay for long periods but the financial cost for keeping 100,000 + deployed ,fed , medical ,

It all adds up ,if Nato sit putin out it's Putin who will either be forced to invade ukraine or he's going to be forced to withdraw with zero gains

(1) The discussion at that point was about the pro's and con's of dropping atomic bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki. The scenes of carnage shown in that movie during attacks on the aptly named Hacksaw Ridge ( which were repeated every step of the way, on every island the US had to take on their way to Japan.) were beyond horrific, but would go a long way justify the US use of the A bombs. Now as you have not or will not see it, can only mean that you can't or don't want to discuss it as showed very good arguments as to why the A bomb was used.

(2) More twisting MFPM style, I have not accepted your views on anything, and not planning to either, given your standards. I've never , ever said that you had to actually be in a place to comment on it, but that if you were there, you would be more knowledgeable about it. I've already mentioned that in several locations that I was in and certain events took place, what I witnessed and what was reported were two different thing's. But in the "admitting" section, I'm glad that you admit that some one actually present could offer a perspective that the those non-present could not. When you are in a neutral position as I was, then you base your opinion on your personal experience's ( and not on what you read or see on TV. ) Its with local people, on the ground, live. And that's actually living in the Country, and not visiting for a day or two for a conference, or ZOOM calling friends or colleagues anywhere around the world, but I've done that too same as anyone can ( ask your mate patnor1011, he's a big fan of yours No? but highly critical of anyone who claims to be an expert after a foreign holiday and reading or seeing news articles on TV, internet etc.) ) Another advantage truth over fiction / propaganda etc. From my own experiences I could write pages on this. As for the other posters you mention, I'd strongly recommend you directing your comments to them, I'm not your proxy

(3 ) Why do you keep asking a question that I have answered already several times over MFPM?. For the last time. here it is again: The Ukraine invasion by Russia began in 2014, and its still ongoing, and I can prove it, because several of my friends have been killed. End of. Now MFPM, do not ask me this question again.

Just because you have no experience or connections to Nth Korea, don't assume everyone is the same. As for the UN Countrys, I've never claimed to have been in all of them, have you? I post about the Countrys that I have personal experience of. Now see my post 1742, that should cover the rest of your post.

Post edited by jmreire on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭MFPM

I don't troll here or anywhere else, I haven't seen a single post pick apart anything yet, I think you're allowing your bias cloud your judgement.

You're dismissing my assumption while making an assumption about me! Hilarious!

You solely post about countries that you have 'personal experience' of? Seriously, you've no opinion on events in countries you've no direct 'personal experience', how utterly, utterly bizarre!

I'll respond to your longer post at a later point.

Biden upping the ante again with more troop deployment to Eastern Europe...those poll numbers really are worrying him. He's ignoring the calls for calm even from within the Pentagon never mind Ukraine, but JB doing whatever he likes in the true traditions of US imperialism.

Yes, 100%...first the pendulum swings one way, and then back to the other extreme. Completely different set if circumstances this time round.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,452 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

Biden has him on the run and know it. He is keeping the pressure on to get this resolved once and for all.

Russia demand that Finland and Sweden could not join NATO. It was not in his gift. Neither is it in his gift to decide what Ukraine dose. In 2014 Barack Obama and Hillary were too cowardly to stand up to him. He is not frightened of sanctions as it will not effect him or his coterie in the upper echelon in the Kremlin.

Biden has him on the run and should keep him on the run.

Slava Ukrainii

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭animalinside

Can't ask for fairer than that. Keeping in mind, of course, that these are international waters and Russia could have pressed the issue if they wished.

You're giving JB way too much credit there. Putin is far from on the run, FFS the Ukranians, the French, the Germans, the Pentagon are all treading with caution...

Might be having problems with it.. like finding ways to project my responses into something that he can twist or turn into it being my fault. Frequently uses words like " Bizarre or Hilarious or Assumptions etc " while ignoring the core arguments, yeah......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭Harryd225

Doesn't make any difference to my point, and "boogeyman conspiracy theories"? The only boogeyman conspiracies theories stated on this thread are about Russia. What bloody conspiracy theories are you on about, the WMDs in Iraq are obviously now known to have been fabricated misinformation and lies. All of these false narratives were spread into the media to justify the invasion of Iraq, I would have thought this was common knowledge now at this stage? So you believe the intelligence services had nothing to do with any of this? Bush masterminded the whole thing himself did he? Alright then.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Ok comrade.

Russia is not a friend of the west.

Are people actually rooting for Russia?

What's funny? Why else would they agree to relocate their exercise? I await your reply.

You forgot disingenuous...if the cap fits and all that.

• Advertisement

Good old MFPM,,,straight into is usual standard of post,, maybe you should try taking your own advice??? But nope,,,straight into going for the man, and not the ball.

Have you not read the posts about everything from iraq to we should disband our defense forces in other threads .

It's all Bidens fault because the polls are down and there is no Russian troops in or near Ukraine,it's all MI5 propaganda

Go and look at your recent posts, you're being a smart ass and I'm responding in kind. I responded to one of your posts in detail, you ignored it, I said I would get back to your post defending Hiroshima when I had time, you could have said nothing but you had to throw in a smart ass jibe so get down off that sanctimonious pedestal you've erected for yourself.

Oh look @gatling is making stuff up again, he's incapable of responding to actual points made so he makes up stuff to respond to. 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Ah Harry, if you're trying to be a geopolitical analyst (tm) know-it-all like your partner in crime, it helps to know what security agency is which, what their function is, and what office of state they report to. Hint: MI5 is a domestic security organization strictly focused on the domestic security of Britain. If you think they're running around the world in mac coats and sunglasses planting stories in international media and bamboozling journalists around the globe, you're displaying a serious lack of knowledge for someone who breathlessly posts trying to look like they know what they're on about.

Take a re-read of the thread title, and then meditate on the off-the-wall and off-topic nonsense you've been posting. You're up to your neck in conspiratorial piffle that only has an audience online or in fringe political movements.

The fact is there are several naval exercises every year, and we are never informed about them.

Unlike Russia, Nato and the Royal Navy don’t tell us in advance, and you don’t hear these concerns being raised about their "activities.”

Of course though all the Western propaganda and scaremongering have convinced some of the gullible Irish that this is some sort of show of strength to intimidate us, I actually just find it funny now at this stage.

No. MFPM....disingenuous is a new one for me at any rate, but its a good one,,,I'll keep it for future reference if you don't mind ?. And as for " If the cap fits and all that".. bit of a hoary old chestnut at this stage don't you think? ( even if its one of your favorites)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

The Royal Navy absolutely do forewarn marine authorities of live-fire excercises as is their duty under international maritime law.

Harry, you are way way out of your depth, are making things up, and are utterly embarrassing yourself. It would help if you started admitting it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭Cody montana

This is on putin and Russia.

They are the source of the problem.

Not Ukraine, not Europe and not the USA.

I’ve seen more criticism of the west over Russia.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement