Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia - threadbanned users in OP

Options

Comments

• Morning all, has General Gerasimov reached the banks of the Dnieper yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Snooker Loopy

What Russia says has no credibility. Russia knows what it says has no credibility and it doesn't care one jot. The Russian regime is what it is. A murdering, fascist, criminal, kleptocratic mafia regime. What the Russians say has as much credibility as Hitler's "assurances" at Munich.

Never smile at a crocodile.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭MFPM

It is a side step. I made no reference to Trump, I'm raising the actions of the current US administration and pointing out the hypocrisy of their differing approaches to two current live foreign policy situations, it's entirely appropriate and relevant to raise it no matter how inconvenient it is to those who follow uncritically the US line..

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

A link to bing images and you went through them and clearly found an article dated 2014 which you then tried to suggest was being used today as evidence of a Russian built up .

Just when we thought you couldn't get any worse you tried to pull that stunt ...

Total Fail ❌

Post edited by Gatling on

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭shillyshilly

as I said previously, if you want proof, have a look back through your own posts...I don't need to repeat what others have said, just to give you another opportunity to not answer, shrug off, or resort to slagging about...

I'll just keep highlighting what your saying is garbage until you stop doing the above with others, regardless of what names you want to resort to calling me.

you've sat yourself in this position where your opinion and information trumps all, even though people have argued factually and successfully against it....

so yeah, garbage.

• Advertisement

still no takers on as to why Russia is doctoring western media reports for broadcast nationally?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭zv2

But so are the Americans. We have been told for decades they are the enemy. But the Russians have been told the same about the Americans. Orwell went into all this in his book 1984. The cold war was about creating fear, not bombing cities with nuclear warheads.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” — Voltaire

so we'll just discount all the proxy wars that took place during that time as a "sure it would happen anyway" and not a struggle between 2 superpowers for influence?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Snooker Loopy

"America, America, America, blah blah blah".

Yawn.

America has not created this crisis, the warmongering fascist criminal mafia regime of Russia has done, 100%.

I haven't called you names, I said it is a cowardly approach to a discussion to post an allegation and then when requested to back that allegation with evidence to then scurry away for cover.

• Advertisement

These wars are created by evil people. They add to the fear of 'the enemy'. I would refer you to the video Kermit.de.frog posted - Nonlinear warfare - A new system of political control 2014 Adam Curtis - YouTube

Snooker loopy - "America has not created this crisis, the warmongering fascist criminal mafia regime of Russia has done, 100%."

But America has its mafia too. The British are criminals. So are the Europeans, NATO... everyone except Eskimos.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” — Voltaire

your evidence is in the whole thread... you post something, people retort disproving your point, you respond with even more untrue info, they respond in turn, then it descends to a "I'm right you're wrong" situation, where you either: not answer questions, shrug off, or resort to slagging about.

So there will never be meaningful discussion if you stay with that sort of posture and attitude and keep spouting garbage.

I'm not scurrying anywhere, I'm here usual time most days, apologies if that doesn't fit to your all day schedule on boards.

That's dodging the question putting something in the "yeah but they did it then so it's ok for us to do it now" argument, which is perpetual.... and trying to compare it to fictional literature

• Registered Users Posts: 17,891 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Concerning only the situation between Russia and Ukraine, what's your opinion on Putin's current aggressive stance? As you've mentioned you aren't too keen on Putin's actions, so I am guessing you don't support his approach.

In terms of a certain basket of other countries and their response to this (which is the real reason you are in this thread) I strongly suspect that if these other administrations completely ignored the situation and allowed Putin to do as he pleased with Ukraine with no repercussions, you'd criticise them. In fact, I suspect whatever they do, you will attack/criticise them.

If you were the leader of e.g. the UK, what would be your stance in this situation between Russia/Ukraine? Obviously a realistic one that wouldn't lose you your job the next day. Avoid deflecting onto alternative situations, just this situation.

The Russians are saying NATO broke agreements by expansion into countries near Russia. So their argument says NATO started it.

So still not a shred of direct evidence, just bluster. If you make an allegation have the courage to own it, if not then don't make the allegation...it's quite straightforward.

I have seen people take issue with points I've made, that's fine, no one has disproved a single point, what are they disproving, the US are hypocrites?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭fly_agaric

He seems to be a very limited leader. He's got a box full of very negative tools (corruption, deception, deploying propaganda and information warfare, the use of chaos and fear, then grey-zone tactics against his enemies and finally applying violence if nothing else works). He may be very good at using them tactically, but all he can do is wreck, spoil, undermine and destroy, he can't actually create anything good or do something positive. Can see it clearly in the bad response to Covid, with much effort wasted on destroying the responses of "enemies" instead of doing the best job possible with the pandemic in Russia. Basically going by his/Russia's policies + actions, don't think he has grown much beyond presumably what he learned as an apparchik for the Soviet Union as a young man, and he's not going to undergo some deep change now.

I'm glad you have come to the conclusion that it is quite straightforward. As mentioned, your previous posts are all that's needed.

Can you reference these agreements? As majority of sources indicate that it was an informal conversation at best with Gorbachev, and no formal agreement.

The Myth of a No-NATO-Enlargement Pledge to Russia - April 2009 (csis-website-prod.s3.amazonaws.com) is some research done on the tapes that were released.

Gorbachev also admitted to a newspaper interview in the 2000's that no formal agreement was made.

Even if there was, it was with the USSR. Yeltsin didn't protest when NATO entered former East Germany and when Poland, Czech Rep & Hungary joined.

It was only when Putin came in, was eying up various land grabs himself, but then lost Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania to NATO (on the back of these land grab threats) did this kick off properly.

Ukraine has previously expressed interest in joining, but then had a Russian friendly government in place. Georgia did similar, but got invaded by Russia as a warning.... same with Ukraine in 2014.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Derkaiser93

No doubt. I'm certainly not claiming him to be some great leader. End of the day he's a KGB head who runs the country like a mafia. He's good at what he does but that will only take him so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭BluePlanet

Big yawn.

For those that don't want to waste their time on this, the big scoop here evidently is that a british journalist visits a school in Ukraine and the teacher in a classroom puts the kids through an emergency drill where the kids all hide under desks.

Apparently in his broadcast the british journalist says: "With all this talk of war reaching fever pitch these sorts of drills are becoming more regular."

Allegedly, Channel One news in Russia translated into Russian and dubbed the sentence as thus: "So far these are just drills but they are becoming regular due to the imminent Russian invasion".

The british journalist takes great exception to the word imminent in the translation and dubbing.

That's it, that's the whole big deal.

Wait until shillyshilly discovers Breitbart news.

Thanks for this. Like I said, I'm here to get some understanding of this. The very last line of the article is telling. I still don't trust any of them...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,433 ✭✭✭jmreire

Ah, no, BurgerFace these Spetnaz Population Control / Suppression guys are great crack,, ( until you see them in action... have you ever seen them in action, BurgerFace? ) Believe me its not shaking hand's and sharing glasses of Vodka with the population.

Oh look what I found Garmin handheld gps in Russian military aircraft oooops

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭BluePlanet

LOL you put up a picture from at the earliest 2015 (if not older) and try to pass it off as recent!

Garmin's response (in 2015) on Twitter says it's an old picture:

https://twitter.com/garmin/status/669341873895563264

Handheld gps in Russian aircraft still being used today from Russia to Syria

Meh...I still think NATO are the aggressors. They may not be doing anything illegal but their expansion is against the spirit of peace. The Americans did not like it when the Russians shipped missiles into Cuba so they should understand why the Russians are not happy about expansion. Like Filatov said, there are now missiles within 5 minutes flying time from Moscow. That's provocation in anybody's language.

Post edited by zv2 on

state television, who have previously said they are an impartial source of information, not translating what was said in the original video, and broadcasting a translation which suits their agenda not an issue? Oh OK then.

I like all the "apparently" and "allegedly" .... it's all been verified. You were able to dig out the Russian Channel 1 broadcast on their website, same with Channel 4 and the original broadcast.

Breitbart is funny, almost as good as The Onion.

• Advertisement

There is no freedom of press in Russia ,by law all media in Russia has to be Russian owned and foreign press has to be labeled as labeled as foreign agents,

Russian press regularly posts anti nato shite , everything from the cia rocket pack man ,and Ukrainian fighter jets shot down flight MH17 ,

To the raid on a secret joint Nato Israelie bunker that Russian forces along with Syrians, killed Navy Seals, Delta force.SAS , Israeli special forces , along with french and Germans .....

No further information was ever published no how many were killed but they knew their nationalities ,no photos or videos were ever produced or where this secret bunker was located .........

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement