Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best satellite box?

• 25-06-2021 12:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 719 ✭✭✭

Our Revez Q12 seems to have died -- can't get it to find Freesat (Saorview is ok, so it's a bit like being back in single channel land).

Can anyone recommend a good combo box? The Revez one was fine while it lasted, but the user interface could be a bit better.

TIA!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,562 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

From what you are describing it sounds like you lost the satellite channels. It may not be the box but a cable or dish problem. If possible, borrow a known working satellite box from someone to confirm your dish and wiring are OK first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Breezin

From what you are describing it sounds like you lost the satellite channels. It may not be the box but a cable or dish problem. If possible, borrow a known working satellite box from someone to confirm your dish and wiring are OK first.

Thanks Gerry. We have two boxes in different rooms, and the satellite channels are ok on the other, so I think the problem is in the box. When I do a re-install, for some reason it only searches for Saorview (dvb?) but not satellite.

I'm going to buy another on a try and return basis if I can. I really don't like the Revez interface, so I'm hoping things have improved over the few years I've had it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,562 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Have you tried the working one in the other room it could still be a cabling issue. It would be annoying at least to buy a new box and then find the cables are to blame

Advertisement