Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone - Siro

Options
  • 25-06-2021 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help or share their experience with Vodafone and Siro, and see if the performance I am getting is normal. In the same room as the modem I am getting 500MB speeds on wifi and there is no issue with wired connections directly into modem and using TP link plugs.

However outside the vicinity of the modem the speeds drop to 30MB, if i got another modem (higher quality) would this work would you know or is there anything else try to improve speeds.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭ipodrocker

are the interior walls in your house brick ? is so would hinder the wifi signal, also placement of the router can help too to spread the signal

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭All in all

ipodrocker wrote: »
    are the interior walls in your house brick ? is so would hinder the wifi signal, also placement of the router can help too to spread the signal

Yes the modem is placed in a bad location which I explained to installers, however they said it was the only option.

Advertisement