Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Several dead in German knife attack

Options

Comments

biko wrote: »
    Why do you think this particular person committed these crimes, bubbly? Why do you think he shouted Allah Ackbar? What could have been done to prevent these murders?

I honestly don't know because I don't know enough about this particular crime.
    I know that a politician in Germany has stated that he was suffering fr mental health issues, perhaps they need to do more with their health services.
    Why did he shout anything? I don't know, maybe the mental health issues.

I'll be chatting to one of my German friends during the week, I'll see what he says about it.
    Prevention is trickier, it depends on why it happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Frankie Machine

bubblypop wrote: »
    I honestly don't know because I don't know enough about this particular crime.

It's dissembling, referring to this as a 'particular crime'.

In reality, it's the latest in a series of incidents with common denominators. 'Allahu Akbar' being one. Knives being another.
    Prevention is trickier, it depends on why it happened.

It happened because he was in Germany, where he ought never to have been in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Maybe that's the problem here, no thinking ahead? No consequence analysis?

He came in 2015 when Merkel let 2 million people in. Without her politics it's quite possible the three women would still be alive today.

Five years ago in the same town there was a knife attack on a train by a 17-year-old Pakistani asylum seeker in which five people were injured, two seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭Hamachi

He came in 2015 when Merkel let 2 million people in. Without her politics it's quite possible the three women would still be alive today.

Five years ago in the same town there was a knife attack on a train by a 17-year-old Pakistani asylum seeker in which five people were injured, two seriously.

I mentioned earlier in the thread that I studied in Wuerzburg over 15 years ago. An attack of this nature simply would not have occurred back then. Why? Because the number of people in the city who were likely to start shouting ‘Allah Akbar’ and going mental, was negligible back then.

My apartment was right in the city center, about 10 minutes walk from Barborossaplatz, where this attack took place. My friends and I wandered the streets at all hours of the night, sometimes after a few too many lemonades, with never an ounce of bother.

Merkel’s ‘come hither’ summons in 2015 was not a positive for German society. The demographics of many cities in the western part of the country have changed significantly. Germans often look down on the eastern part of the country and the ‘Ossi’ inhabitants. Ironically, strolling around the large cities in the east like Dresden and Leipzig, is now a far more pleasant experience vs. counterpart urban areas in the west.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Unfortunately once Merkel opened the door to Europe it was inevitable attacks like this would become a regular event , only option now is increasing security.
    Eamon Ryan has said he wants us to double our population by vastly taking in more from the third world

• Advertisement

Merkel has done more damage to Europe than almost anyone else in the last 70 years. The consequences of her policies will be felt for generations to come.

No.
    By definition a serial killer is a person who commits a series of murders, usually three or more.

I'm sure some are mentally ill, but that's not the definition of serial killers.

Do you think someone who murders someone (or multiple people) in the name of religion are mentally ill?

The left?
    Who or why is the left responsible for stopping murderers?

They aren't.

The people who murder are the people responsible.

But the leftist mentality of advocating for backwards and disgusting cultural differences to be allowed and assimilated into western values are in no small part the reason why jihad murders are happening with increasing frequency

• Registered Users Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Mic 1972

No, do you think all serial killers suffer from mental health issues?

you don't?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Things we need now but didn't need a few years ago.

danke-merkel.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Eamon Ryan has said he wants us to double our population by vastly taking in more from the third world
    Did Ryan, the leader of a Green party actually say he wanted our population to double? If so, does that thundering moron not understand the basics of actual environmental and "green" concerns? Esentially the fewer the people the better. Across the world with it. You want to save the planet beyond leccy cars, green bins and recycling? Which are mostly pissing into the wind BTW so long as we keep consuming at an ever increasing rate. Have one fewer child. That will make the biggest actual difference.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Freight bandit

danke-merkel.jpg

Remember they dressed the ol diversity blocks up as giant fcukin Christmas presents at the Christmas markets?

Wibbs wrote: »
    Did Ryan, the leader of a Green party actually say he wanted our population to double? If so, does that thundering moron not understand the basics of actual environmental and "green" concerns? Esentially the fewer the people the better. Across the world with it. You want to save the planet beyond leccy cars, green bins and recycling? Which are mostly pissing into the wind BTW so long as we keep consuming at an ever increasing rate. Have one fewer child. That will make the biggest actual difference.

I've only a vague memory of what he said but I think he said he wanted the population of the Island to be 10 million. It's currently at 7, so we need an extra 3 million people. Northern Ireland's natural population growth is fast approaching zero, the Republics is still rising but also falling year-on-year. So essentially he is asking for massively expanded immigration, both economic and refugee.

The Green party are idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Frankie Machine

I've only a vague memory of what he said but I think he said he wanted the population of the Island to be 10 million. It's currently at 7, so we need an extra 3 million people. Northern Ireland's natural population growth is fast approaching zero, the Republics is still rising but also falling year-on-year. So essentially he is asking for massively expanded immigration, both economic and refugee.

He said it in the Dáil, November 2nd, 2016 during the Calais debates.
    '...we have to start planning for being an island of 10 million people and among that bringing in people as refugees in scale not just two hundred but a much larger number and managing it as we do.'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otqWwmEc5uw

• Registered Users Posts: 13,838 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

danke-merkel.jpg

The infamous diversity blocks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

Roderic o Gorman wants to house migrants that arrive here within four months of arriving here, which means more houses needing to get built = less fields , more trees being cut down , more stone to quarry , more metals to mine , more pressure on an already leaky water system , more pressure on electrical grid , more diesel powered trucks on the road delivering materials , more building waste going to landfills , more animals being killed to make breakfast rolls for the builders . Thats excluding all the other pressure on schools , hospitals , roads etc . For people that calls themselves the Green party , they're not really enviormentally sound .

Let's not forget Coveney...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Playing devils advocate...increasing the islands population as a green policy;

1. By increasing population density, public transport becomes more viable.

2. By transporting people from the developing world, you are likely to reduce their reproductivity compared to if they stayed in situ.

Let's not forget Coveney...

I wonder how he feels now his good friend Michel Barnier is calling for a halt to immigration into the EU for 5 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭SupaCat95

Wow, you can tell his religion just by watching two very short video clips?

Do you also know tonight Euromillions numbers?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-57618354

• Advertisement

I wonder how he feels now his good friend Michel Barnier is calling for a halt to immigration into the EU for 5 years.

They're only buying time to stop the risk of collapse of the EU, they know people don't want this migration....make no bones about it they'll be back to push migrant quotas.Coveney and Co will do what their EU masters tell them.

These people should be in the Hague

Playing devils advocate...increasing the islands population as a green policy;

1. By increasing population density, public transport becomes more viable.

2. By transporting people from the developing world, you are likely to reduce their reproductivity compared to if they stayed in situ.

Ya, you could make the case for the first one.

For the second, there is nothing Ireland nor even the EU can do to make a significant dent in the overall increase from Africa alone. Their population is expected to increase up towards 3-4 billion over the next number of decades. Nigeria alone will be 700,000,000 people, 40% bigger than the entire EU.

The one bright spot for the world is that outside Africa fertility is approaching or falling below replacement levels almost everywhere with only a few exceptions, mainly centered around central Asian countries and the occasional other outlier like Syria/Afghanistan for obvious reasons.

Essentially Africa needs to sort themselves out and the solution can't be mass transfer of their excess populations to Europe,no matter how much Irish politicians want it.

For the second, there is nothing Ireland nor even the EU can do to make a significant dent in the overall increase from Africa alone. Their population is expected to increase up towards 3-4 billion over the next number of decades. Nigeria alone will be 700,000,000 people, 40% bigger than the entire EU.

The one bright spot for the world is that outside Africa fertility is approaching or falling below replacement levels almost everywhere with only a few exceptions, mainly centered around central Asian countries and the occasional other outlier like Syria/Afghanistan for obvious reasons.

Essentially Africa needs to sort themselves out and the solution can't be mass transfer of their excess populations to Europe,no matter how much Irish politicians want it.

100% agree just think it can be useful for someone to pull the old advocatus diaboli when discussing important issues.

Simon conveney must be ensuring that his billionaire friend of the family Larry Goodman , has enough cheap labour to work in his factories, it's the same billionaire that won't pay cattle farmers a decent price for their beef . Crooks and gangsters the lot of them , how do people keep voting these clowns into power is beyond me . It's no wonder were 240 billion in debt when you look at our calibre of politicans .

You'd be better off sticking condoms into the trocaire boxes at the rate they're breeding .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,543 ✭✭✭LeBash

If there's a lad slashing and stabbing people with knives, you should shoot the prick until he can't move.

I'm not disagreeing, they should have shot to kill but I am saying, if there is a potential of a suicide vest, you are putting more lives at risk by doing it in the wrong circumstances.

danke-merkel.jpg

These are fortifications.

A few years ago i took a tour of Transylvania. One of the most impressive things i saw was the star shaped fortifications around the medieval university city of Alba Iulia (alba = white iulia = Julia/Julius)

1200px-Cetatea_Alba_Iulia_din_aer_toamna.jpg

The star shaped fortifications were a Venitian import. The points of the star shaped walls create cross fire points defending the inward "V"s of the star shape.

Transylvania and the Austrian empire are the entities that stopped the Ottoman incursion into Europe. We owe them a debt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭Real Donald Trump

danke-merkel.jpg

It's sad that this is our future and that we have to accept it.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭DelaneyIn

The murdered women were 24, 49, 82yo - another six were wounded, two in critical conditions. The murderer came to Europe after Merkel's migration invitation in 2015, when he was picked up by a NGO ship and transported to Lampedusa, Italy. While attacking the women he was shouting "Allahu Akbar", and ISIS material was found in his home.

German authorities declare it motive unclear. The Irish media cheerleaded from the sidelines and labelled Merkel a humanitarian for causing the great migration gold rush of 2015.

Here are the inevitable results. Anyone whom supports more of this immigration is a lunatic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭AlphabetCards

LeBash wrote: »
    I'm not disagreeing, they should have shot to kill but I am saying, if there is a potential of a suicide vest, you are putting more lives at risk by doing it in the wrong circumstances.

What are you talking about? Explain this.

Advertisement