Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Several dead in German knife attack

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭HalfAndHalf

In order to reply to you, I will assume you are not being a d1ck and are actually interested.

Terrorism can be broken into categories, state sponsored, religiously inspired, separatist or ethno-nationalist, left wing and anarchist, right wing or single issue terrorism, etc.

This particular type of attack is typical and consistent with religiously inspired attacks. In which the overwhelming majority of contemporary religiously inspired attacks are Jihadist or Jihadist ideological/supporter/imitator. Jihad is an Islamic term, hence this type of attack is usually a Muslim or any other denomination acting in support of Muslims....but mainly Muslim.

Now, while I have academic and professional experience in the field, I won't be linking every single thing I have read or written on the subject, for your benefit.

03 Jan 2020: A french man who converted to Islam stabbed and killed 1, injured 3 in France.

04 Apr 2020: A Sudanese refugee stabbed 7 people, killing 5 in France. Motive was France is a country of "Unbelief", a reference to Islam.

27 Apr 2020: A French man who pledged allegiance to Islamic State rammed French police officers. He had a knife but was arrested before he could use it.

18 Aug 2020: An Iraqi asylum seeker vehicle rammed a number of cars in Germany, religiously motivated.

25 Sept 2020: A Pakistani man with a meat cleaver went to the old Charlie Hebdo premises in France and stabbed 2 people.

04 Oct 2020: A Syrian national stabbed a gay couple, killing 1 in France. Religious motive against western liberal culture.

16 Oct 2020: A male of Chechin decent decapitated a French school teacher for discussing the Prophet Mohammed.

Also the Notre Dame and Austria attack.

Hope that helps.

If only those pesky Muslims followed a nice peaceful religion like Christianity, then they’d have never killed anyone with their silly religious crusades!!

https://www.historyextra.com/period/medieval/crusades-causes-history-when-how-many-were-there-death-toll/

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Sadler Peak

Oh ffs here we go :rolleyes:

I know right, another terrorist attack in Europe. Terrible. RIP to those murdered.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Das Reich

spacetweek wrote: »
    You don't get Muslim immigrants doing this type of thing in America. It's easier to culturally integrate over there than in Europe. We should be taking a leaf out of their book.
    The key to this is to insist that the immigrants become naturalised, but over here it often doesn't happen.

You don't get Muslim doing this in any Latin American country, you know the reason? Its not about integration.
    If only those pesky Muslims followed a nice peaceful religion like Christianity, then they’d have never killed anyone with their silly religious crusades!!

https://www.historyextra.com/period/medieval/crusades-causes-history-when-how-many-were-there-death-toll/

Look at this they are talking about things nearly a millenia ago.

Das Reich wrote: »
    You don't get Muslim doing this in any Latin American country, you know the reason? Its not about integration.

Look at this they are talking about things nearly a millenia ago.

Yeah things nearly a millennia ago gets a lot of traction round here didn’t ya know! Or are you saying if it’s that long ago all should be forgotten? Hmmmm

Also, not a Muslim, but I like the bigoted ‘they’ comment!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

In order to reply to you, I will assume you are not being a d1ck and are actually interested.

Terrorism can be broken into categories, state sponsored, religiously inspired, separatist or ethno-nationalist, left wing and anarchist, right wing or single issue terrorism, etc.

This particular type of attack is typical and consistent with religiously inspired attacks. In which the overwhelming majority of contemporary religiously inspired attacks are Jihadist or Jihadist ideological/supporter/imitator. Jihad is an Islamic term, hence this type of attack is usually a Muslim or any other denomination acting in support of Muslims....but mainly Muslim.

Now, while I have academic and professional experience in the field, I won't be linking every single thing I have read or written on the subject, for your benefit.

03 Jan 2020: A french man who converted to Islam stabbed and killed 1, injured 3 in France.

04 Apr 2020: A Sudanese refugee stabbed 7 people, killing 5 in France. Motive was France is a country of "Unbelief", a reference to Islam.

27 Apr 2020: A French man who pledged allegiance to Islamic State rammed French police officers. He had a knife but was arrested before he could use it.

18 Aug 2020: An Iraqi asylum seeker vehicle rammed a number of cars in Germany, religiously motivated.

25 Sept 2020: A Pakistani man with a meat cleaver went to the old Charlie Hebdo premises in France and stabbed 2 people.

04 Oct 2020: A Syrian national stabbed a gay couple, killing 1 in France. Religious motive against western liberal culture.

16 Oct 2020: A male of Chechin decent decapitated a French school teacher for discussing the Prophet Mohammed.

Also the Notre Dame and Austria attack.

Hope that helps.

At least it's good to see that the terrorists are keeping it multicultural , a chechan chopping off a teachers head , a Syrian stabbing a gay guy. A sudanese stabbing 7 people . It's looks like the terrorists are listening to the EU and are diversifying their attacks and using different nationalities . Angela Merkel must be so proud

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,798 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Oh yeah I remember it was all over twittter back in the 10th century! Ffs cop yourself on!

Oh yeah I remember it was all over twittter back in the 10th century! Ffs cop yourself on!

Ah sure it’s grand so, it’s so long ago let’s forget all about it, meanwhile we’ll still give out about the Brits every chance we get cos you know, we’re allowed like! LOL! Joker!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,685 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

John Doe1 wrote: »
    It's probably one of those extremist Lutherans....

But seriously, western society and Islam are incompatible and wokists have blood on their hands

There are millions of Muslims living in western society without any acrimony towards their neighbours, or from their neighbours towards them. Stop trying to stoke division.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

I'd like to know if this is the case because of the increasing amounts of money spent on national security/monitoring preventing such attacks from happening, or if the numbers are just down in general.

I googled it and this site popped up, I don't know how legit it is. There must be statistics some where that show numbers including foiled attacks etc. The article is based on 2019.

https://www.thenationalnews.com/world/more-than-1-000-terrorists-arrested-across-europe-as-119-plots-uncovered-1.1038195

"Almost 120 terrorist plots were uncovered across Europe last year, resulting in more than 1,000 arrests.

ISIS was responsible for all but one of the 10 people killed.

The latest figures covering terrorist incidents in 2019 have been revealed in Europol's EU Terrorism Situation and Trend Report.

In total, 119 terrorist attacks were foiled, failed or completed last year in 13 EU countries, also resulting in 27 people being wounded, 26 of them by ISIS.

The 27th was hurt in a far-right terrorist attack.

The attacks led to 1,004 people being arrested on suspicion of terrorism-related offences in 19 EU member states, with Belgium, France, Italy, Spain and the UK reporting the highest numbers."

The EURPOL TE-SAT is the best place for consolidated unbiased data.

You have quoted last years report for 2019 data. The 2021 report for 2020 came out this week.

A quick info graphic attached showing both terrorism arrests vs attacks (all terrorism types) and another showing failed/foiled/completed Jihadist attacks.

The trend shows numbers of attacks is down but successful attacks is up.

It must be caveated by successful disruption of cells and financing by state authorities, combined with tighter travel/movement/opportunities being restricted during covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,798 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Oh ffs here we go :rolleyes:

You gotta love how this guy can use his rolleyes emojees when there is an attack by his favourite religion! So stunning so brave!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,581 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

peasant wrote: »
    I'm just going to leave this here:

The suspect ... was receiving psychiatric treatment, according to the Bavarian minister of the interior*

https://www.rnd.de/panorama/drei-menschen-in-wuerzburg-erstochen-verdaechtiger-war-in-psychiatrischer-behandlung-RJWDB27Z2VHZ7PUW6DT2XTUY54.html

Ye can all wind your collective xenophobic / islamophobic necks back in again ...the guy's gaga first and foremost.

*The Innenminister would be the minister responsible for the police force, among other things

But he wouldn't be there if Merkel hadn't adopted an open border policy back in 2015.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Never mind that the same crusades were in response to Islamic expansion and invasion. Well they'd lost Spain to the Umayyad conquests so were a tad twitchy. Still, in saying that I'd have rather lived in Islamic Spain than much of Christian Europe at the time. Then again the Umayyad rule wasn't overly fundamentalist in nature and neither was Islam when compared to Christianity of that time. That dark age came later and continued down to the 20th century. But I digress...

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

WhomadeGod wrote: »
    No wonder the woke posters are standing up for them so much. :D

Nobody is standing up for terrorists, it’s just laughable to see so many idiots lumping all Muslims into one pot. It’s pathetic, juvenile, bigoted thinking.

I’ve some poster called Das Reich (so May be German) saying ah well the Christians killed up to 9 million Muslims but that’s grand cos it was 800 years ago! Last time I checked the Nazis killed 6 million Jews only 80 years ago. So let’s lump all Germans together shall we! Utterly ridiculous thinking!

peasant wrote: »
    I'm just going to leave this here:

The suspect ... was receiving psychiatric treatment, according to the Bavarian minister of the interior*

https://www.rnd.de/panorama/drei-menschen-in-wuerzburg-erstochen-verdaechtiger-war-in-psychiatrischer-behandlung-RJWDB27Z2VHZ7PUW6DT2XTUY54.html

Ye can all wind your collective xenophobic / islamophobic necks back in again ...the guy's gaga first and foremost.

*The Innenminister would be the minister responsible for the police force, among other things

There are a number of cases where mental health issues have led/contributed to these attacks, with the attacker stating they had religious intent.

They are not mutually exclusive.

Wibbs wrote: »
    Never mind that the same crusades were in response to Islamic expansion and invasion. Well they'd lost Spain to the Umayyad conquests so were a tad twitchy. Still, in saying that I'd have rather lived in Islamic Spain than much of Christian Europe at the time. Then again the Umayyad rule wasn't overly fundamentalist in nature and neither was Islam when compared to Christianity of that time. That dark age came later and continued down to the 20th century. But I digress...

The point still being that comments like ‘ah but it’s the religion of peace’ is a bit ridiculous!

Nobody is standing up for terrorists, it’s just laughable to see so many idiots lumping all Muslims into one pot. It’s pathetic, juvenile, bigoted thinking.

Well said. There looked to be a fair mix of people in the videos attempting to chase him off. Indeed a few you could speculate could have been migrants and a chance they could have also been Muslim, all with common cause trying to stop him causing further bloodshed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,228 ✭✭✭Grueller

Throwing chairs at him gently , and at his feet. You have to go FULL RETARD
    on a Full Psycho.
    Me I'd be throwing that chair full force with all my strength at his ****ig face.

And probably miss him and get stabbed.
    Meanwhile a trained individual would use the chair as an obstacle,hopefully unbalance get the attacker and placing them at a disadvantage.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

Whatever the solution to attacks like these is, it's not to close borders.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Burt Renaults

Religion of peace. I'll bet the house on it.

If I was a betting man, I'd've bet the house and the life savings on someone gleefully using the term "Religion of Peace" on the first page of this thread.

Faugheen wrote: »
    You gave me a list of attacks to suit your agenda, which is not what I asked for.

You said 'the vast majority' are by Muslims. Prove it.

I don't have an agenda, I don't believe "all Muslims are terrorists".

Yeah, you need to read my previous posts again where I outlined the categories of terrorism.

I then explained that this type of low capability event is consistent with religiously inspired terrorism.

I then explained that it is consistent with Jihadist terrorism.

I then explained that Jihadism, is mainly a Islam/Muslim act.

I then listed an extract from the Europol TE-SAT report of this specific type if attack from 2020, highlighting motive/modus operandi.

If you can't follow, that's not my problem. The comment is gleaned from years of research, if you don't want to accept it, thats fine. Feel free to do your own research to counter it, I can't do any more for you.

• Advertisement

If I was a betting man, I'd've bet the house and the life savings on someone gleefully using the term "Religion of Peace" on the first page of this thread.

To be fair we’re doing well what with all 1.8 billion Muslims in the world being terrorists! There must be a government coverup as to why we only hear about a few of the attacks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

There are a number of cases where mental health issues have led/contributed to these attacks, with the attacker stating they had religious intent.

They are not mutually exclusive.

Ireland has one of the highest mental health issues in Europe , we have cases of mentally ill killing their kids but I've yet to hear of someone randomly going around stabbing and killing as many strangers as they can for the fun of it , maybe it's a new type of mental illness that hasn't reached here yet .

The EURPOL TE-SAT is the best place for consolidated unbiased data.

You have quoted last years report for 2019 data. The 2021 report for 2020 came out this week.

A quick info graphic attached showing both terrorism arrests vs attacks (all terrorism types) and another showing failed/foiled/completed Jihadist attacks.

The trend shows numbers of attacks is down but successful attacks is up.

It must be caveated by successful disruption of cells and financing by state authorities, combined with tighter travel/movement/opportunities being restricted during covid.

Sorry bewareofthedog.

Extracts of TE-SAT attached.

What ? Really ? If borders were closed or at least had some control, a lot of people would be alive now in the UK, France, Germany etc........

The Manchester bomber got a free taxi from the British Navy. What did the UK got for their generosity ? 23 dead over 800 injured.

You are talking nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭Sand

It is not as simple as a binary open/closed border choice. But seeing as these attacks can only occur because of open borders, closed borders is certainly closer to the solution than open borders.

Are they wrong ? :eek:

What ? Really ? If borders were closed or at least had some control, a lot of people would be alive now in the UK, France, Germany etc........

The Manchester bomber got a free taxi from the British Navy. What did the UK got for their generosity ? 23 dead over 800 injured.

You are talking nonsense.

And what exactly are we going to check? The 9/11 bombers went to America, took flying lessons then carried out the attacks. The US have very stringent border checks, you can’t even get in with a criminal record for minor offences.

Shall we just not allow any non-white people in on the basis of your brown or black you’re probably a terrorist.

Completely disjointed thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Bambi wrote: »
    America has pretty strict rules on shooting people, they have to present an immediate danger to life to be shot.

What that video shows is a German cop letting civilians risk their lives because he wont act, I wouldnt be too proud of cowardice buddy.

That isn't a German policeman, he's a normal security guard, definitely unarmed. The first police on the scene arrived in a BMW 3-Series estate.

Are they wrong ? :eek:

Well as I’ve said already, there’s 1.8 billion Muslims, nearly a third of the worlds population. Are you saying they’re all terrorists?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

silverharp wrote: »
    Always a Friday

I don't like Mondays.

🙈🙉🙊

Advertisement